|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23: Lodz; The Badgastein DP Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
2. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
(a) Their own army.
(b) Resistance forces.
(c) A way to get to Israel without getting caught.
(d) Their own town for the Jews to hide in.
3. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
(a) Her mother's thriving health.
(b) Having dinner and spending time with Manka.
(c) Spending time with the beekeeper.
(d) Taking dance lessons with Manka.
4. What saves Alicia?
(a) Her looks; one of the officers is attracted to her.
(b) She is able to escape from the camp.
(c) Being buried with others and rescued.
(d) Some Russians arrive to liberate him.
5. Where does she stay in between trips?
(a) She stays with Sophie.
(b) She stays with Peppa, a fellow worker.
(c) She lives with her mother's cousin.
(d) With Bella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
2. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
3. What does Alicia realize when she arrives at her father's factory?
4. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
5. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)