|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23: Lodz; The Badgastein DP Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Zachary and Alicia begin trying to sell in this section?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their services has house servants.
(c) Their hair.
(d) Flints of soup.
2. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
3. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
(a) Family members that survived.
(b) Other Jews that survived.
(c) Work on farms.
(d) Being a servant in the house of rich people.
4. While looking for her family, what does she find?
(a) Peasants working a field of wheat.
(b) Corn fields.
(c) Jewish people hiding in the fields.
(d) Her mother working in the fields.
5. Why is Alicia given thousands of rubles?
(a) She gains an admirer.
(b) An important figure in the Ukrainian government falls in love with Alicia.
(c) She wins the lottery in Chernovtsy.
(d) The Jews of Chernovtsy are thankful that she kept their secrets of the black market.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Alicia hear that the Germans might be invading Poland?
2. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
3. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
4. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
5. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)