|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23: Lodz; The Badgastein DP Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
(a) Move their posessions into a room of a friend's home.
(b) Get all of the boys together and send them away.
(c) Make food to bring with them.
(d) Escape from the ghetto.
2. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(b) Move from shelter to shelter.
(c) Send all the children to work.
(d) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
3. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
(a) Suffering of the ghetto Jews.
(b) The Nazi's cruelty.
(c) Suffering of the Poles.
(d) The tense relations between Ukrainians and Jews.
4. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought what he had was contagious.
(b) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(c) They thought he was a pervert.
(d) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
5. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
(a) She cannot decide what to do with her life.
(b) Her inability to get better quickly.
(c) The beautiful scenery.
(d) The freedom to go anywhere she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Alicia to become reunited with her mother's cousin?
2. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
3. While in prison, how are they treated?
4. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
5. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)