|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23: Lodz; The Badgastein DP Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
(a) Villa Sassa Hotel.
(b) Hotel Straubinger.
(c) Coeur des Alpes.
(d) Hotel Bristol.
2. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(b) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(c) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
(d) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
3. How was Benjamin injured?
(a) He was shot in the arm.
(b) A land mine blew his leg off.
(c) A bomb exploded in his bunker.
(d) Shot in the leg.
4. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
(a) The Germans are winning the war.
(b) Soon the Germans will just let Jews go to Israel.
(c) The Germans are being beaten by the Americans.
(d) That the Germans are being defeated by the Russians.
5. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
(a) She gives away all of her money and earnings.
(b) She agrees to go to prison in their place.
(c) She lets them take some of her transports to prison.
(d) She decides to forge papers to get them through the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
2. During this time, how did Alicia and her mother find food to eat?
3. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
4. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
5. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)