|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: Return to Buczacz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Move from shelter to shelter.
(b) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(c) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(d) Send all the children to work.
2. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
(a) All of the Jews have been killed.
(b) About half that were in the ghetto.
(c) Mostly Polish sympathizers were killed.
(d) Only 200.
3. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She learns that Milek has died.
(b) Benjamin has killed herself.
(c) She discovers her youngest brother died.
(d) She is told she must immediately leave because Jewish Poles are still being trageted.
4. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
5. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
(a) The story of her family.
(b) The story of Little Red Riding Hood.
(c) The three little pigs.
(d) A Jewish wise tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this name mean?
2. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
3. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
4. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
5. What were the Jews proud of?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)