|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: Return to Buczacz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does the author give?
(a) The author explains Alicia's background.
(b) Information on her youngest brother's whereabouts.
(c) The author discusses how Milek got involved in the resistance movement.
(d) The author gives a summary of Ukrainian and Polish relations.
2. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) She hides in a river bank.
(b) Milek resuces her again.
(c) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
(d) She runs back to her hometown village.
3. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is told she must immediately leave because Jewish Poles are still being trageted.
(b) Benjamin has killed herself.
(c) She learns that Milek has died.
(d) She discovers her youngest brother died.
4. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
5. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
(a) She could come by the house to get food for her and her mother.
(b) Stay at his home, but Alicia's mother cannot stay.
(c) Take clothes.
(d) He does not welcome her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
2. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
3. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
4. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
5. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)