|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
(a) Plesant enough.
(b) They wanted to be liked by all of the Poles.
(c) Not extremely accomodating.
(d) Very cruel.
2. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
(a) They decide to go undergrounf to be safe.
(b) They decide to move into a small house so they can have it to themselves.
(c) They live in a very small apartment.
(d) They move into the kitchen of a large home in the new ghetto.
3. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
(a) She hides him in a bunker under the house.
(b) She tries to put up a ransom for Alicia's father.
(c) She disguises him as one of her sons.
(d) She forced him to flee the town.
4. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is tortured.
(b) He is put in prison.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He is starved.
5. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
2. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
3. In what year does Alicia hear that the Germans might be invading Poland?
4. What was Bella's father's occupation?
5. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)