|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(b) The countryside.
(d) The city.
2. What were the Jews proud of?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their community.
(c) Their heritage.
(d) Their heritage and community.
3. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(b) He is sent to a death camp.
(c) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
(d) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
4. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
(a) Singing and playing instruments.
(b) Spending time with their fathers.
(c) Studying to become Rabbis.
(d) Dating girls.
5. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
2. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
3. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
4. What happens to the Jews that go to a synagogue?
5. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)