|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
(a) So the youngest child could eat.
(b) So they could send food to Bunio.
(c) So they could trade it to sell.
(d) So that Alicia's mother's family could have food.
2. What saves Alicia?
(a) She is able to escape from the camp.
(b) Her looks; one of the officers is attracted to her.
(c) Some Russians arrive to liberate him.
(d) Being buried with others and rescued.
3. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
(a) All of the Jews have been killed.
(b) About half that were in the ghetto.
(c) Mostly Polish sympathizers were killed.
(d) Only 200.
4. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
(a) Fear of the Germans.
(b) The consequences of their resistance.
(c) Fear of the war in America.
(d) Fear of the Japanese.
5. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(b) Send all the children to work.
(c) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(d) Move from shelter to shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
2. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
3. How is she able to escape?
4. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
5. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)