|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21: In a Russian Prison; My Orphanage; The Brecha.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Alicia take the opportunity to go to America that she is offered?
(a) She decides she might need to go somewhere else first.
(b) It does not feel like the right time to go to America.
(c) She wants to go on her own accord.
(d) She wants to stay in the Ukraine.
2. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
(a) They will transport her to Israel.
(b) She will make a lot of money.
(c) They will get her papers for travel to America.
(d) They would take care of the orphans and transport them Israel.
3. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) She runs back to her hometown village.
(b) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
(c) Milek resuces her again.
(d) She hides in a river bank.
4. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
(b) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(c) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(d) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
5. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(b) He is sent to a death camp.
(c) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
(d) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else was involved in the black market?
2. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
3. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
4. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
5. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)