|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21: In a Russian Prison; My Orphanage; The Brecha.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
(b) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
(c) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
(d) The baby is left alone.
2. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
3. What was Bella's father's occupation?
4. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
(a) They are not fed at all.
(b) Water tainted with typhoid.
(c) Decent food.
(d) Left overs from farm animals.
5. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
(a) A Ukrainian boy likes her very much.
(b) That other villagers are mad she is working in their village.
(c) That she is going to turn Alicia in for being Jewish.
(d) All in the village knew that Alicia and her mother were Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kola's family reward Alicia for rescuing the Russians?
2. In Chernovtsy, who does Alicia reunite with?
3. How did Alicia and her mother survive the winter of 1943?
4. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
5. What happens to many of the Jews who return?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)