|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21: In a Russian Prison; My Orphanage; The Brecha.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to many of the Jews who return?
(a) They are given their property and businesses back.
(b) Many Jews do not return.
(c) They return to ruined businesses.
(d) They are murdered by Poles for trying to take their property back.
2. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
(a) She is a great house worker.
(b) She thinks she will be appreciated by this person.
(c) She is promised passage to Israel.
(d) She connects well with Mrs. Traub's son.
3. What does Alicia realize when she arrives at her father's factory?
(a) She wants the factory to remain in her family.
(b) Reclaiming the factory will not bring him back.
(c) The factory is much more prosperous than she thought.
(d) She must reclaim the factory to feel whole again.
4. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
(a) She is not caught.
(b) She is crying when they come to look for her.
(c) She runs outside to warn others that the Nazis are coming.
(d) Alicia chooses to stay out in the open with two babies and nurse them.
5. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
(a) To see if she can reclaim what is rightful hers and her family's.
(b) She wants to rememeber what life what like before the war.
(c) She hopes to create her own factory and wants to see how her father's was run.
(d) She wishes to collect the money that she thinks is rightly hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
2. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
3. What saves Alicia?
4. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
5. What saves Alicia?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)