Chapters 1 - 3: Before the War; Life Under the Russians; The German Occupation
1. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
(a) Moscow, Russian.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Buczacz, Poland.
2. How many brothers did Alicia have?
3. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Starting a company.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Raising a Jewish family.
(d) Having a small community.
4. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
(a) Dating girls.
(b) Studying to become Rabbis.
(c) Singing and playing instruments.
(d) Spending time with their fathers.
5. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(a) Love from her parents.
(b) Having a boyfriend.
(d) Going to school.
6. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
(a) When her mother was accosted in the town square.
(b) When she was taunted at school by a group of Gentile students.
(c) When her father's factory was burned to the ground because he was Jewish.
(d) When her brother Zachary is beaten by five Polish boys.
This section contains 5,410 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)