* As a child, Alicia Jurman lived in Buczacz, Poland with her parents and four brothers.
* During her early years, Alicia did not experience Antisemitism. Her first experience was when her brother was beaten by several Polish boys.
* Alicia first heard of Germany and war in 1938, by overhearing conversation of some adults at a candy store
* The Russians create a treaty with Germany, that allows the Russian to occupy Poland.
* Things mostly stay the same except that pictures of Lenin and Stalin were now installed in all of the schools.
* Polish children had to learn Russian and Ukrainian.
* Suddenly, businesses were being taken over by Russians and people accused of small crimes constantly disappeared.
* The truce between Germany and Russia having disintegrated.
* Within a couple of days, 60 Jewish men were forced to go to the police station...
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)