|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alice in the Rabbit’s bedroom?
2. What is Alice’s second goal after leaving the Rabbit’s house?
3. What does Alice find strange about the Cheshire Cat?
4. What kind of bird does Alice meet in the trees?
5. Who wins the Caucus Race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so important about the riverbank setting?
2. Why does Alice think about Dinah?
3. How does the caterpillar help Alice?
4. How can Alice’s changes in size be read metaphorically?
5. Why does the caterpillar find Alice’s desires offensive?
6. Why does Alice have a hard time answering the caterpillar?
7. How is the baby characterized in Chapter 6?
8. Why might the Rabbit have mistaken Alice for somebody else?
9. Why does the White Rabbit reappear in Chapter 2?
10. What has disappeared after Alice’s time at the seaside, and how is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters are nervous or afraid of Alice, or other things, throughout the book. What is the nature of fear, as presented by Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland? Is Alice ever afraid? What does this say about her character?
Essay Topic 2
The White Rabbit appears in most key scenes in the book. Why is this the case, and how might the White Rabbit’s character function as a metaphor?
Essay Topic 3
Alice takes issue with some of the aspects of the trial. Which aspects trouble her, and how does she respond to them? In what ways is the trial unusual?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)