|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the Caucus Race?
2. What is the poem that Alice recites in Chapter 2 about?
3. What is in the room where Alice lands?
4. What best describes the caterpillar’s tone?
5. What effect does the cake eventually have on Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the caterpillar help Alice?
2. How does Alice feel about the Duchess in Chapter 6?
3. Why does the Mouse tell his long story? Does he achieve his goals?
4. Why does the White Rabbit reappear in Chapter 2?
5. Why might the Rabbit have mistaken Alice for somebody else?
6. What has disappeared after Alice’s time at the seaside, and how is this significant?
7. What is Alice’s main concern in Chapter 2?
8. Why does Alice have a hard time answering the caterpillar?
9. How is the baby characterized in Chapter 6?
10. Whose house does Alice see after talking with the caterpillar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alice changes sizes many times throughout the book. What is the significance of these changes, and how do they come about? What level of control does Alice have over these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Alice’s sister thinks about Alice’s adventures after Alice has awakened. Describe these musings. What is the significance of her thoughts?
Essay Topic 3
The Duchess and the Queen are both noble characters by title, but not temperament. Compare and contrast the two characters, highlighting their significance in the story.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)