|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Alice fights with the characters?
(a) She leaves in anger.
(b) She wins the fight.
(c) She kills them.
(d) She wakes up.
2. What does Alice actually do next?
(a) Finds the Queen.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Finds the garden.
(d) Changes her size.
3. Why does Alice leave the party?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She has an appointment.
(d) She is annoyed.
4. What do the Gryphon and the Mock Turtle ask Alice to do after she finishes her story?
5. Whom does the King want executed?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Cheshire Cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is holding the King’s Crown?
2. What has Alice done to make it difficult to befriend the person that the Hatter recommends?
3. Why does everyone say Alice can’t join the party?
4. Why does the story make Alice’s sister happy?
5. Who asks the Queen to pardon Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alice thinks about the jury in metaphorical terms. What metaphor does she use in Chapter 12?
2. What does the Duchess do that hurts Alice?
3. Why does the Duchess react in the way she does to Alice?
4. What is the significance of the discussion Alice has with the Mock Turtle and the Gryphon?
5. What will happen to Alice after the story ends?
6. Who comments on what is happening to Alice first? What does he or she say?
7. How do the gardeners feel about the Queen?
8. What literary device do the Mock Turtle and the Gryphon use?
9. Describe the structure of the court.
10. What is a Mock Turtle? A Gryphon?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)