|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen want to hear before the verdict?
(a) The White Rabbit’s opinion.
(b) Alice's execution.
(c) The sentence.
(d) Bill's opinion.
2. What is the Duchess’s reaction to seeing Alice?
(a) She is not friendly enough.
(b) She is overly friendly.
(c) She doesn’t know how to react.
(d) She runs away from Alice.
3. What does Alice have to do before she can enter the garden (once she finds it)?
(a) Go home.
(b) Apologize to the Duchess.
(c) Change her size.
(d) Find the Queen.
4. How does Alice feel about the trial?
5. How are the birds used in the Queen’s game?
(a) There are no birds.
(b) As mallets.
(c) As racquets.
(d) As signposts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about Alice as a witness?
2. What is unique about the Hatter’s watch?
3. 1How tall does the King think Alice is?
4. What color does the Queen want the flowers to be?
5. How does Alice finally get into the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Alice after the story ends?
2. Why is the Mock Turtle different from other characters in the novel?
3. What happens suddenly at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Describe the structure of the court.
5. What does Alice find after leaving the tea party?
6. What is the gardeners’ fate, according to the Queen? Does it come to pass?
7. What does Alice tell the Queen about the gardeners? Why is this significant?
8. Describe what actually happens to those sentenced to beheading by the Queen.
9. Why does the Duchess leave for the second time?
10. What does the Duchess do that hurts Alice?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)