|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it at the March Hare’s party?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
2. Why does everyone say Alice can’t join the party?
(a) She is too big.
(b) She is boring.
(c) There is not enough room.
(d) She is too small.
3. What does Alice actually do next?
(a) Changes her size.
(b) Finds the Queen.
(c) Finds the garden.
(d) Goes home.
4. Who is called as the second witness?
(a) The March Hare.
(b) The Hatter.
(c) The Cook.
5. How does the Queen want to execute people?
(b) She doesn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alice’s sister think will one day hear the story?
2. What is the problem with carrying out the King’s execution?
3. What is everyone at the March Hare’s drinking when Alice arrives?
4. What is the Queen’s opinion of Alice’s suggestion?
5. What does the Mock Turtle sing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the end of the trial and its significance.
2. Why does the Duchess react in the way she does to Alice?
3. What does the Lobster Quadrille look like?
4. What rule does the King say Alice is breaking? What issue does Alice take with this?
5. What riddle does Alice think she can answer?
6. What does Alice tell the Queen about the gardeners? Why is this significant?
7. Alice thinks about the jury in metaphorical terms. What metaphor does she use in Chapter 12?
8. Describe what actually happens to those sentenced to beheading by the Queen.
9. Who comments on what is happening to Alice first? What does he or she say?
10. What literary device do the Mock Turtle and the Gryphon use?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)