|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the King want executed?
(a) The Cheshire Cat.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Queen.
2. How does Alice feel about the trial?
3. What does the Mock Turtle sing about?
(a) The sea.
(d) His teacher.
4. Who does Alice sit next to at the trial?
(a) The Dormouse.
(b) The Cook.
(c) The Hatter.
(d) The March Hare.
5. Why does the story make Alice’s sister happy?
(a) Alice will always stay young.
(b) It is so hilarious.
(c) She loves the Hatter.
(d) She will never forget it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on trial?
2. What does the Duchess look like?
3. At the tea party, they sing “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little ____."
4. What does Alice find most difficult about the Queen’s game?
5. Whom does the Hatter recommend that Alice befriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the structure of the court.
2. How does the Dormouse contribute to the tea party?
3. Alice thinks about the jury in metaphorical terms. What metaphor does she use in Chapter 12?
4. How does the letter ‘prove’ the Knave’s guilt?
5. What riddle does Alice think she can answer?
6. Describe what actually happens to those sentenced to beheading by the Queen.
7. What is the correct answer to the riddle?
8. Why are the witnesses chosen?
9. What is the gardeners’ fate, according to the Queen? Does it come to pass?
10. What does each witness contribute?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)