|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cook bring with her to the stand?
(a) Her soup.
(b) Her baby.
(d) A new dish.
2. What is everyone at the March Hare’s drinking when Alice arrives?
3. How does the Queen want to execute people?
(a) She doesn't.
4. Why is the Duchess not present?
(a) She forgot to come.
(b) She is at home.
(c) She is in prison.
(d) She had another invitation.
5. Who does Alice sit next to at the trial?
(a) The Cook.
(b) The March Hare.
(c) The Hatter.
(d) The Dormouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the jurors holding?
2. How are the birds used in the Queen’s game?
3. What do the Gryphon and the Mock Turtle ask Alice to do after she finishes her story?
4. What do the characters turn into when Alice protests?
5. What is strange about Alice as a witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice tell the Queen about the gardeners? Why is this significant?
2. What is the gardeners’ fate, according to the Queen? Does it come to pass?
3. What does each witness contribute?
4. What does Alice find after leaving the tea party?
5. What is the correct answer to the riddle?
6. Why does the Duchess leave for the second time?
7. What does the Duchess do that hurts Alice?
8. Alice thinks about the jury in metaphorical terms. What metaphor does she use in Chapter 12?
9. Why does the Mock Turtle sing?
10. Describe Alice’s testimony.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)