|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is the caterpillar?
(a) Taller than one foot.
(b) One foot.
(c) Three inches.
(d) Three inches.
2. What is the poem that Alice recites in Chapter 2 about?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A bumblebee.
(c) A cat.
(d) An alligator.
3. What is the caterpillar doing when Alice meets him?
(a) Smoking a hookah.
(d) Talking to himself.
4. Who awards Alice her prize?
(a) The Dormouse.
(b) The Mouse.
(c) The Lory.
(d) The Dodo.
5. Who is Alice with at the end of Chapter 3, on the bank of the sea?
(a) Her sister.
(b) All of the birds.
(c) The Mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice get the cakes at the White Rabbit’s house?
2. Whom does Alice see in the trees?
3. Who is Alice with before her adventures begin?
4. How does Alice get ‘down’ from the trees?
5. Why is the Queen’s footman at the Duchess’s house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the caterpillar find Alice’s desires offensive?
2. Describe the Caucus Race.
3. Why does the White Rabbit reappear in Chapter 2?
4. Why might the White Rabbit be the first character Alice sees?
5. What has disappeared after Alice’s time at the seaside, and how is this significant?
6. What is the significance of pepper in Chapter 6?
7. What is the significance of what happens to Alice in the Rabbit’s house?
8. How is the baby characterized in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Alice have a hard time answering the caterpillar?
10. How does Alice describe what she wants to the caterpillar?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)