|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the cake have on Alice at first?
(a) Make her neck longer.
(c) Make her bigger.
(d) Make her smaller.
2. What is the last thing Alice sees of the Cheshire Cat, the first time they meet?
(a) His neck.
(b) His tail.
(c) His grin.
(d) His body.
3. What does Alice think about on her way down the rabbit hole?
(c) Her sister.
4. Where does Alice go immediately after leaving the Duchess?
(a) To see the Queen.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the Mad Hatter's.
(d) To the March Hare’s.
5. How tall would Alice like to be when the caterpillar asks her?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) normal sized.
(c) Taller than three inches.
(d) 1 foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alice with at the end of Chapter 3, on the bank of the sea?
2. What does Alice recite for the caterpillar?
3. Why does the mouse tell his story?
4. What effect does the Rabbit’s fan have on Alice?
5. Where is Alice when she sees the White Rabbit for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wins the Caucus Race?
2. What has disappeared after Alice’s time at the seaside, and how is this significant?
3. Why does Alice have a hard time answering the caterpillar?
4. Describe the Caucus Race.
5. Who comes back after the others leave the seaside? Why?
6. Why is the Cook important?
7. Why might the Rabbit have mistaken Alice for somebody else?
8. What is so important about the riverbank setting?
9. How does Alice feel about the Duchess in Chapter 6?
10. Whose house does Alice see after talking with the caterpillar?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)