|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose story does the mouse try to tell?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) William the Conqueror.
(d) William Tell.
2. What does Alice associate with the sea?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Her own tears.
(c) The railway.
(d) A lake.
3. What does Alice check before drinking the liquid?
(a) She checks to see if it is poisonous
(b) She watches the rabbit drink some of it.
(c) She smells it.
(d) She pours some of it onto the ground.
4. What might Alice be able to open?
(a) A gate.
(b) A jar.
(c) A regular door.
(d) A door behind a curtain.
5. What does the Rabbit drop?
(a) His watch.
(b) His hat.
(c) His fan.
(d) His lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the caterpillar sitting on?
2. What problem does Alice have with the caterpillar’s instructions?
3. For whom does the White Rabbit take Alice?
4. What is Alice’s second goal after leaving the Rabbit’s house?
5. Who takes the baby from the Duchess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does everyone else leave the seaside?
2. Why is Alice’s interaction with the Mouse complicated?
3. What is Alice’s main concern in Chapter 2?
4. Why does the White Rabbit reappear in Chapter 2?
5. Why does the caterpillar find Alice’s desires offensive?
6. Who is Alice afraid of in the Rabbit’s home? What does she do because of this?
7. How does Alice feel about the Duchess in Chapter 6?
8. What does Alice look for on the Drink Me bottle, and why?
9. Why might the Rabbit have mistaken Alice for somebody else?
10. How does the caterpillar help Alice?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)