|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Alice first changes when she tries the mushroom?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her arms.
2. Where does Alice go immediately after leaving the Duchess?
(a) To see the Queen.
(b) To the Mad Hatter's.
(c) Back home.
(d) To the March Hare’s.
3. Who finally lets Alice in the door?
(a) The footman.
(b) The cook.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) She lets herself in.
4. Who is Alice with before her adventures begin?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her friend Mabel.
5. What does Alice talk about that scares the creatures?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Her breakfast.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the caterpillar’s tone?
2. What animal does the baby eventually become?
3. What effect does the cake eventually have on Alice?
4. Who reappears at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Whose story does the mouse try to tell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose house does Alice see after talking with the caterpillar?
2. Why might the White Rabbit be the first character Alice sees?
3. Who is Alice afraid of in the Rabbit’s home? What does she do because of this?
4. How does Alice describe what she wants to the caterpillar?
5. Who comes back after the others leave the seaside? Why?
6. What is so important about the riverbank setting?
7. How does the caterpillar help Alice?
8. Why does Alice have a hard time answering the caterpillar?
9. How can Alice’s changes in size be read metaphorically?
10. Why does the Mouse tell his long story? Does he achieve his goals?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)