|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice leave the White Rabbit?
(a) To hide from him.
(b) Because she’s bored.
(c) Because he tells her to.
(d) To show him something.
2. When did Alice last feel confident, according to what she tells the caterpillar?
(a) This morning.
(b) In the rabbit hole.
(c) At the seaside.
(d) At school.
3. What is the last thing Alice sees of the Cheshire Cat, the first time they meet?
(a) His neck.
(b) His body.
(c) His grin.
(d) His tail.
4. What does Alice check before drinking the liquid?
(a) She watches the rabbit drink some of it.
(b) She checks to see if it is poisonous
(c) She smells it.
(d) She pours some of it onto the ground.
5. Who wins the Caucus Race?
(b) The Dodo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alice when she sees the White Rabbit for the first time?
2. What language does Alice try to speak with the first creature she meets?
3. How tall would Alice like to be when the caterpillar asks her?
4. What might Alice be able to open?
5. Where does Alice go immediately after leaving the Duchess?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Alice’s changes in size be read metaphorically?
2. How does Alice feel about the Duchess in Chapter 6?
3. Describe the Caucus Race.
4. Why does the White Rabbit reappear in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Alice think about Dinah?
6. What has disappeared after Alice’s time at the seaside, and how is this significant?
7. Whose house does Alice see after talking with the caterpillar?
8. Why does the Mouse leave?
9. Why does the Mouse tell his long story? Does he achieve his goals?
10. What is so important about the riverbank setting?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)