|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Nancy working when she had a baby, according to common knowledge?
(a) At the Flynns.
(b) She never had a baby.
(c) At Kinnear’s.
(d) At the Wrights.
2. What happens to Grace when she gets out of prison?
(a) She moves to New York and marries Jamie.
(b) She moves to Ireland.
(c) She stays in Kingston, working for the governor’s family.
(d) She moves back to Toronto.
3. Why is Grace depressed on her birthday in Chapter 8?
(a) She feels completely alone.
(b) She would like to be married.
(c) She wishes to visit her family but they are too far away.
(d) She feels that Nancy hates her.
4. Why does Grace call McDermott a monkey?
(a) He was eating a banana.
(b) He climbed an apple tree very quickly.
(c) He was running along the top of a fence.
(d) He was swinging on the rafters in the barn.
5. What does Grace say to McDermott when he tells her they will soon be married?
(a) That she’d rather marry the devil himself.
(b) That she has to married by a minister.
(c) That they do not have a way to get married in America.
(d) That he will not sleep with her until then.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenneth think, in retrospect, about Grace wearing Nancy’s clothing at the trial?
2. What does Nancy call McDermott when she tells him to go take care of Kinnear’s horse?
3. What kind of musical instrument does Jamie Walsh play?
4. What does Grace do in the morning at the governor’s house at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Where does Grace go to work when she leaves the Parkinsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rev. Verringer suggest Dr. Jordan talk about with the Tuesday Circle and why does Verringer suggest this?
2. What does Grace say about Nancy and about McDermott after she has been at Kinnear’s a little while?
3. What does Grace tell Dr. Jordan about a chicken for dinner at Kinnear’s?
4. What does Grace say is how Kinnear gets killed?
5. Where does Dr. Jordan travel after hearing the end of Grace’s story and what does he do there?
6. How does Jeremiah get Grace away from the implement dealer?
7. What does Grace’s lawyer tell Dr. Jordan and what conclusion does Dr. Jordan come to after visiting the Kinnear house and graves?
8. What happens when the governor’s wife calls Grace by name when she is with Dr. Dupont and Dr. Jordan?
9. What does Grace tell Dr. Jordan that McDermott told her and what does she offer as a reason she had not told Nancy?
10. Where does McDermott kill Nancy and what does Grace say he says to Grace?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)