|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hotel do McDermott and Grace stop when fleeing Canada?
(a) The Hyatt.
(c) The Lewiston Hotel.
(d) The Harvest Bell.
2. How does Mary die?
(a) She falls down the stairs.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She drowns in the river.
(d) From a botched abortion.
3. What does Jordan think he needs to do before he can open a private asylum?
(a) Come up with a great discovery in his field.
(b) Sell off the family’s manor and lands.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Build up his father’s mills.
4. In what kind of manufacturing does Dr. Jordan’s mother wish his to invest?
(a) Sewing machines.
(c) Hot air balloons.
(d) Textile mills.
5. What does Jordan think Dora might do on purpose?
(a) Come into his room when he is dressing.
(b) Dirty his shirts.
(c) Track mud into his room.
(d) Overcook his eggs.
6. Under what name does Grace register at the hotel?
(a) Mary Whitney.
(b) Nancy Montgomery.
(c) Grace Newman.
(d) Mary Kinnear.
7. How much of her first month wages did Grace give her father?
(a) A half.
(b) all of them.
(d) A quarter.
8. What does the poem say is how Grace convinced McDermott to murder?
(a) That she will be his lover.
(b) That she will tell him where the gold in the house is hidden.
(d) That she will tell him where his brother lives.
9. What year is it at the beginning of Alias Grace?
10. What does the peddler say quietly to Grace about who she is?
(a) She is the fallen Eve.
(b) She comes from across the waters but is at home anywhere.
(c) She is one of who he is.
(d) She will have a long, happy life because she is descended from angels.
11. To what event is Jordan invited at the governor’s house?
(a) Saturday morning garden club.
(b) Bridge club.
(c) Tuesday Discussion Circle.
(d) Dinner with the whole family.
12. With whom does Grace’s father find lodging when they arrive in Canada?
(a) Mrs. Burt.
(b) Mr. Macon.
(c) Mr. Lambert.
(d) Mrs. Weslley.
13. Who first comes to the door after the murders?
(a) The pastor of the church.
(b) A peddler.
(c) Two boys looking for work.
(d) The neighbor.
14. What color are Grace’s eyes?
15. What did Grace’s lawyer tell the court about her?
(a) She is almost an idiot.
(b) She is devious.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She is more than one person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan believe about Verringer’s relationship with Grace?
2. Why does a doctor want to measure the heads of criminals?
3. How many siblings does Grace say she has?
4. Where does Grace say it was that she stopped sharing her thoughts?
5. What did they do with McDermott’s head after he was hanged?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)