|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan see as the main difference between European and North American servants?
(a) The servants in Europe are better dressed.
(b) The servants in Europe demand more money.
(c) The servants in Canada are better trained.
(d) The servants in Europe know their place.
2. Why does Grace think it is bad when a doctor is around?
(a) They measure her head.
(b) There is always death around a doctor.
(c) They have terrible tasting medicine.
(d) They do not care about poor people.
3. How old is Grace at the beginning of Alias Grace?
4. What does Nancy say she will give Grace if Grace will not kill her, according to the poem?
(a) Nancy will leave and Grace can have Kinnear.
(b) A purse of gold.
(c) A horse and money to leave.
(d) Three dresses.
5. What does Jordan ask the prison to do to make circumstances conducive to his research efforts?
(a) Feed her more food than normal.
(b) Allow her paper and pen.
(c) Keep her in a steady routine.
(d) Let her come and go as she pleases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Grace’s father’s trade?
2. How much does Grace tell Jordan about her dream of the previous night?
3. Why does the peddler give Grace one button more than she buys?
4. At what hotel do McDermott and Grace stop when fleeing Canada?
5. Why does Annie Little pinch Grace at breakfast?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)