|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace say the peddler in her dream has of hers?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) A hand.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shawl.
2. What does Grace’s mother say when she sees three crows on the ship they are taking to Canada?
(a) They will leave when the albatross comes.
(b) It is good luck.
(c) Someone must be feeding them.
(d) It is bad luck and means death.
3. How much of her first month wages did Grace give her father?
(b) A half.
(c) A quarter.
(d) all of them.
4. What does Mary Whitney say about her grandmother?
(a) Her grandmother could ride any horse.
(b) Her grandmother was an Indian.
(c) Her grandmother was very wealthy.
(d) Her grandmother died the night Mary was born.
5. What does Dr. Jordan bring Grace?
(a) An orange from India.
(b) A new shawl.
(c) A blanket.
(d) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what book in the Bible does Dr. Jordan quote to Grace?
2. Where does the governor’s oldest daughter live?
3. What does Jordan place in front of Grace at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Why does Effie try to hang herself?
5. Who does Grace tell Dr. Jordan Mary Whitney is?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)