|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Mary do sometimes when the sheets were hung in the inside drying room?
(a) Splash water on them so they would take longer to dry.
(b) Press her face in them and moan and pretend to be a ghost.
(c) Tie the corners shut.
(d) Swing on them.
2. Why does the peddler give Grace one button more than she buys?
(a) He wants her to become a good customer.
(b) He thinks she is attractive.
(c) She had an even number, which is bad luck.
(d) He only had one left so he would not be able to sell it.
3. What does George do when Mary becomes pregnant?
(a) He accuses her of sleeping with his brother.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He does not follow through on his marriage proposal.
(d) He has her fired.
4. Under what name does Grace register at the hotel?
(a) Mary Whitney.
(b) Nancy Montgomery.
(c) Grace Newman.
(d) Mary Kinnear.
5. What does Grace say the peddler in her dream has of hers?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) A hand.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book called of which a page is shown in Chapter 2?
2. What color are Grace’s eyes?
3. What does Grace tell Jordan about her parents?
4. What does Grace say about her confession?
5. What happens to Mrs. Humphreys in Dr. Jordan’s room at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)