|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan believe about Verringer’s relationship with Grace?
(a) He believes that Verringer has never met Grace.
(b) He believes that Verringer has had an affair with Grace.
(c) He thinks Verringer is in love with Grace.
(d) He does not think anything about Verringer and Grace.
2. What did they do with McDermott’s head after he was hanged?
(a) Buried it with the body.
(c) Made a plaster cast of it.
(d) Stuck it on a pike outside the jail.
3. How is Jordan feeling about his research in Chapter 4?
(a) Cautious and having doubts.
(c) Very excited.
4. Who does Grace tell Dr. Jordan Mary Whitney is?
(a) Her grandmother, still in Ireland.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) The made up name she gave at the tavern.
5. What is in the scrapbook the governor’s wife keeps?
(a) Pictures of her children.
(b) Samples of material for sewing.
(d) Stories of criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace tell Jordan she will finish that day when she meets with him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. In what kind of manufacturing does Dr. Jordan’s mother wish his to invest?
3. What kind of gloves would Grace like to have?
4. Who is Mrs. Parkinson’s housekeeper to whom Grace is introduced?
5. Where does Simon Jordan sneak in his house when he is a boy?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)