|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meeting is at the governor’s house on Tuesdays?
(a) The women’s bridge club.
(b) The Woman Question meeting.
(c) The charity works meeting.
(d) The women’s quilting circle.
2. What does George do when Mary becomes pregnant?
(a) He accuses her of sleeping with his brother.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He has her fired.
(d) He does not follow through on his marriage proposal.
3. Where was McDermott hanged?
(d) New York.
4. Why doesn’t Mr. George return to college after Christmas?
(a) He is finished with school.
(b) He is going to take over the family business.
(c) He has been expelled.
(d) He becomes ill.
5. What does the peddler say quietly to Grace about who she is?
(a) She comes from across the waters but is at home anywhere.
(b) She will have a long, happy life because she is descended from angels.
(c) She is one of who he is.
(d) She is the fallen Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia do when Jordan comes to the governor’s home?
2. How does Mary die?
3. Why does Grace think it is bad when a doctor is around?
4. What does Grace tell Jordan about her parents?
5. Who first comes to the door after the murders?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)