|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Grace sleep in the prison?
(a) A cotton mattress on a frame.
(b) A pallet on the floor.
(c) A niche in the wall with a cotton mattress.
(d) A straw mattress.
2. At what hotel do McDermott and Grace stop when fleeing Canada?
(a) The Harvest Bell.
(c) The Hyatt.
(d) The Lewiston Hotel.
3. What does Nancy call McDermott when she tells him to go take care of Kinnear’s horse?
(a) Prince of Thieves.
(b) His Royal Highness.
(c) A lazy pig.
(d) A stupid monkey.
4. What does Dr. Workman tell Dr. Jordan is most important in building an asylum?
(a) Acquiring a number of wealthy patients.
(b) Having the funds before beginning.
(c) Having more nurses than doctors.
(d) Sanitation and good drainage.
5. What happens one night that changes Dr. Jordan and Mrs. Humphreys’s relationship?
(a) She hires another maid.
(b) She crawls in his bed one night.
(c) Her husband returns.
(d) Dr. Jordan gets involved with a bar maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace say to McDermott when he is sitting on the front porch staring vacantly?
2. Who is Mrs. Parkinson’s housekeeper to whom Grace is introduced?
3. How old is Grace at the beginning of Alias Grace?
4. With what task does Mr. Kinnear help Grace that Nancy sees?
5. Of what does Grace say Mrs. Moodie reminds her?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)