|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of quilt is Grace sewing for Lydia?
(a) Wedding Rings.
(b) Tree of Heaven.
(c) Horse Hoofs.
(d) Pandora’s Box.
2. What does Lydia do when Jordan comes to the governor’s home?
(a) Asks him if he is interested in Grace as more than just a patient.
(b) Nothing, she is not there.
(c) Introduces him as a distant cousin to friends.
(d) Flirts with him.
3. Why does Lydia tell Grace she hopes Grace never gets out of prison?
(a) Because Grace is insane.
(b) Lydia does not say anything about Grace getting out of prison.
(c) Because Grace killed another woman.
(d) So Grace will always be working there.
4. What does McDermott do first to Nancy according to the poem?
(a) Throw her in the cellar.
(b) Put a knife through her heart.
(c) Strike her on the head with an axe.
(d) Break her neck.
5. What does Jordan ask the prison to do to make circumstances conducive to his research efforts?
(a) Feed her more food than normal.
(b) Let her come and go as she pleases.
(c) Allow her paper and pen.
(d) Keep her in a steady routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color and design is on the dress Nancy wears in Grace’s dream?
2. What does Mary tell Grace is the reason the servants use the back stairs?
3. How does Mary die?
4. Of what does Grace say Mrs. Moodie reminds her?
5. What happens one night that changes Dr. Jordan and Mrs. Humphreys’s relationship?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)