|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace say the peddler in her dream has of hers?
(a) A hand.
(b) A shawl.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) A knife.
2. Under what name does Grace register at the hotel?
(a) Mary Whitney.
(b) Mary Kinnear.
(c) Grace Newman.
(d) Nancy Montgomery.
3. What does Grace sell to Jeremiah that she inherited from Mary?
(a) A gold ring, a box, and a dress.
(b) A pair of boots, a gold ring, and a small wooden flute.
(c) A vase, an apron, and a pair of boots.
(d) A dress, a vase, and a locket.
4. What does Jeremiah say to Grace a few days after her birthday?
(a) She needs to find a different job.
(b) She should leave with him.
(c) She looks younger than she is.
(d) He has a special pair of stockings for her.
5. What kind of work does Mr. Watson, one of Grace’s employers, do?
(d) Tavern owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Jordan uncertain about interviewing Mrs. Moodie?
2. What does Grace say Nancy told her the day of the murders?
3. Why does the governor’s wife not allow Grace the run of the house in Chapter 4?
4. From what day is Grace now counting her days?
5. At what kind of jokes in Canada does Dr. Jordan say an American must smile?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)