|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
2. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
3. How does Arslan describe himself in combat against the Russians?
4. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
5. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of women in this novel? What impacts this role?
Essay Topic 2
The biggest themes of this novel relate to politics and government, yet the book is subtitled "a love story." How is "Ali and Nino" a love story?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the conflict between Eastern and Western societies as it is presented in "Ali and Nino." What is the author's commentary on this conflict?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)