|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
2. What does Ali do to the lizard he catches in Chapter 19?
3. How many servants does Ali say his uncle has in his Shimran harem?
4. What season is it when Baku is considered to be liberated?
5. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how parent/child relationships drive the characters in this novel. Consider relationships filled with conflict as well as respect.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of women in this novel? What impacts this role?
Essay Topic 3
How are conflicts among religions discussed in this novel? How is religion a theme in "Ali and Nino"? What purpose does this theme serve?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)