|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
2. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
3. Why is Ali unable to marry Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
4. Where does Nino say she plans to go when she is exiled for her mistake of leaving with Nachararyan?
5. What season is it when Baku is considered to be liberated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ali and Nino's lives in two different locations. Consider how these settings impact the characters.
Essay Topic 2
What commentary does the author provide on politics and revolution? Explain how the author's word choice helps to develop these ideas.
Essay Topic 3
The biggest themes of this novel relate to politics and government, yet the book is subtitled "a love story." How is "Ali and Nino" a love story?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)