|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali's father tell him about Asia's borders in Chapter 22?
2. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
3. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
4. In Chapter 28, what does Ali worry his diplomatic reception guests will expect from him as a host?
5. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three cultural practices that are illustrated in this novel. How do these practices help to create and define "Ali and Nino"?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the conflict between Eastern and Western societies as it is presented in "Ali and Nino." What is the author's commentary on this conflict?
Essay Topic 3
How does war serve as a character in "Ali and Nino"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)