|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
2. How does Arslan describe himself in combat against the Russians?
3. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
4. What does Nachararyan say he is saving Nino from when he kidnaps her?
5. What rumor does Arslan spread about Ali and Nino?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the conflict between Eastern and Western societies as it is presented in "Ali and Nino." What is the author's commentary on this conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the many symbols used throughout this text. Describe how at least three symbols are used to represent the larger themes and ideas of "Ali and Nino."
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use dialogue to develop the characters in this novel?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)