Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
2. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
3. How does Arslan describe himself in combat against the Russians?
4. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
5. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout "Ali and Nino" several myths and stories are told. How does this technique affect the novel? Consider the impact on the plot, characters, and reader's response.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the conflict between Eastern and Western societies as it is presented in "Ali and Nino." What is the author's commentary on this conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the many symbols used throughout this text. Describe how at least three symbols are used to represent the larger themes and ideas of "Ali and Nino."
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)