|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
2. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
3. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
4. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
5. Where does Ali promise to take Nino on a belated honeymoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three cultural practices that are illustrated in this novel. How do these practices help to create and define "Ali and Nino"?
Essay Topic 2
How are conflicts among religions discussed in this novel? How is religion a theme in "Ali and Nino"? What purpose does this theme serve?
Essay Topic 3
How does "Ali and Nino" explore the conflicts between the rich and the poor? What message does the author seem to deliver?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)