|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
2. In Chapter 16, who orders Ali to attend a meeting of oil princes?
3. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
4. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
5. What does Arslan tell Ali about Nino's life in Tiflis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout "Ali and Nino" several myths and stories are told. How does this technique affect the novel? Consider the impact on the plot, characters, and reader's response.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how parent/child relationships drive the characters in this novel. Consider relationships filled with conflict as well as respect.
Essay Topic 3
How does Nino impact the development of this novel? Consider the way she drives the plot, defines and changes other characters, and interacts with the major themes.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)