|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
2. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
3. Why does Arslan say it is safe for Ali and Nino to return home?
4. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
5. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nino impact the development of this novel? Consider the way she drives the plot, defines and changes other characters, and interacts with the major themes.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how parent/child relationships drive the characters in this novel. Consider relationships filled with conflict as well as respect.
Essay Topic 3
How does "Ali and Nino" explore the conflicts between the rich and the poor? What message does the author seem to deliver?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)