|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
2. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
3. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
4. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
5. What season is it when Baku is considered to be liberated?
Essay Topic 1
How is Baku a character in the novel as well as a setting?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use dialogue to develop the characters in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of women in this novel? What impacts this role?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)