Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
2. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
3. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
4. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
5. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
2. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
3. What does Shusha look like?
4. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
5. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
6. How does Ali feel about his Asian heritage?
7. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
8. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
9. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the conflict between Eastern and Western societies as it is presented in "Ali and Nino." What is the author's commentary on this conflict?
Essay Topic 2
The biggest themes of this novel relate to politics and government, yet the book is subtitled "a love story." How is "Ali and Nino" a love story?
Essay Topic 3
How are Ali's views on love defined? Consider all the forces that affect Ali's opinions and beliefs about love.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)