|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
3. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
4. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
5. Why does Ali's uncle visit from Iran?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kotshi feel about war?
2. How does Ali compare his courtship to Nino to the Asian way of courting?
3. How does Ali feel about his Asian heritage?
4. Why does Ali give Arslan Aga alcohol in Chapter 19?
5. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
6. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
7. What does Shusha look like?
8. How does the war begin?
9. How does Nino like her married life to Ali in exile?
10. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does "Ali and Nino" explore the conflicts between the rich and the poor? What message does the author seem to deliver?
Essay Topic 2
What role do the daydreams of the characters play in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does war serve as a character in "Ali and Nino"?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)