|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
2. How does Ali describe the Passion Play of Holy Hussein?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
4. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
5. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
2. What happens to Nino after her kidnapping?
3. What does Ali do after using his second wish?
4. In Chapter 25, how does Ali feel about Jahja?
5. How does Dim Mehmed Haidar feel about the war?
6. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
7. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
8. How does Seyd Mustafa describe Nino's kidnapping?
9. Why does Ali say Baku is like a kernel in a nut?
10. What history of the Ashouks does the narrator give?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout "Ali and Nino" several myths and stories are told. How does this technique affect the novel? Consider the impact on the plot, characters, and reader's response.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of women in this novel? What impacts this role?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the many symbols used throughout this text. Describe how at least three symbols are used to represent the larger themes and ideas of "Ali and Nino."
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)