|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kotshi feel about war?
2. How does Ali describe the nights spent visiting Nino's family in Tiflis?
3. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
4. What does Ali say Nino looks like at Iljas Beg's graduation party?
5. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seyd Mustafa describe Nino's kidnapping?
2. What does Shusha look like?
3. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
4. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
5. In Chapter 15, where do Ali and Nino decide to live?
6. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
7. What happens to Nino after her kidnapping?
8. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's uncle describe Persia?
9. What advice does Safar Khan give Ali about marriage in Chapter 12?
10. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
Essay Topic 1
How are conflicts among religions discussed in this novel? How is religion a theme in "Ali and Nino"? What purpose does this theme serve?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of women in this novel? What impacts this role?
Essay Topic 3
What role do the daydreams of the characters play in this novel?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)