|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Susha located?
2. Why does Ali's uncle visit from Iran?
3. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
4. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
5. What is Susha best known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
2. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
3. How is Nino treated at Ali's uncle's palace in Shimran?
4. Why does Ali give Arslan Aga alcohol in Chapter 19?
5. What happens when Ali visits Tiflis?
6. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
7. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
8. How does Ali feel during his first diplomatic reception?
9. How does Ali feel about his Asian heritage?
10. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's uncle describe Persia?
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author provide on politics and revolution? Explain how the author's word choice helps to develop these ideas.
Essay Topic 2
How does "Ali and Nino" explore the conflicts between the rich and the poor? What message does the author seem to deliver?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the many symbols used throughout this text. Describe how at least three symbols are used to represent the larger themes and ideas of "Ali and Nino."
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)