|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wishes does Ali's father grant him in Chapter 3?
2. What groups of people live in Susha?
3. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
4. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
5. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, how does Ali feel about Jahja?
2. What does Ali do after killing Nachararyan?
3. What is Ali and Nino's trip to Shimran like?
4. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
5. What happens to Arslan Aga when he fights against the Russians invading Baku?
6. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
7. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
8. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
9. How do the Kipianis react to Ali's proposal of marriage to Nino?
10. What happens when Ali visits Tiflis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout "Ali and Nino" several myths and stories are told. How does this technique affect the novel? Consider the impact on the plot, characters, and reader's response.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use dialogue to develop the characters in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is education a theme in "Ali and Nino"? How does education impact the plot and characters of this novel?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)