|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
2. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
3. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
4. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
2. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
3. How does Dim Mehmed Haidar feel about the war?
4. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
5. What are the drums of Hussein?
6. What happens after Azerbaijan's sovereignty is recognized?
7. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
8. What history of the Ashouks does the narrator give?
9. In Chapter 15, where do Ali and Nino decide to live?
10. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are conflicts among religions discussed in this novel? How is religion a theme in "Ali and Nino"? What purpose does this theme serve?
Essay Topic 2
What role do the daydreams of the characters play in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explore what traits make characters successful in "Ali and Nino." How is success defined in contrast to failure?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)