|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
(a) To honor his dead friends.
(b) To respect his ancestors.
(c) To show his faith.
(d) To celebrate his freedom.
2. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
(a) They appreciate Persia.
(b) They are too busy to worry about Persia.
(c) They are fools.
(d) They will conquer Persia.
3. What does Nachararyan say he is saving Nino from when he kidnaps her?
(a) A life of poverty.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A loss of faith.
4. Who marries Ali and Nino?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(b) A Mullah.
(c) A village priest.
(d) Ali does it himself.
5. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His attempt to become king.
(b) His blood feud.
(c) His love of alcohol.
(d) His angry relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali do to the lizard he catches in Chapter 19?
2. What does Ali's father tell him about Asia's borders in Chapter 22?
3. What does Prince Kipiani want to happen to Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
4. After marrying Ali, how does Nino feel about Baku?
5. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)