|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because they never stop.
(b) Because it upsets Nino.
(c) Because they are loud.
(d) Because it goes against his religion.
2. What does Prince Kipiani want to happen to Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) He wants her to come home.
(b) He wants her to flee to Europe.
(c) He wants her to marry Ali.
(d) He wants her to never speak to him again.
3. In Chapter 16, who orders Ali to attend a meeting of oil princes?
(a) Nino's father.
(c) Safar Khan.
4. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
(a) To respect his ancestors.
(b) To show his faith.
(c) To celebrate his freedom.
(d) To honor his dead friends.
5. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
(a) Ali's father.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Ali's partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nino go to stay before returning to Baku from the palace?
2. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
3. What does the Grand Duke want to restore to Hagia Sophia?
4. How does Nino feel about Ali beating and cutting himself in the streets?
5. What rumor does Arslan spread about Ali and Nino?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)