|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nachararyan say he is saving Nino from when he kidnaps her?
(a) A Muslim.
(b) A life of poverty.
(d) A loss of faith.
2. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His father's status.
(c) His religious writings.
(d) His ability to speak several languages.
3. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
(a) To write his hero's story.
(b) To write him letters.
(c) To write love poems.
(d) To record the events of the war.
4. According to Ali's uncle in Chapter 24, what "lightens the world"?
(a) Persian oil.
(b) Persian art.
(c) Persian women.
(d) Persian air.
5. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) The dessert.
(b) The arts.
(c) Ali and Nino.
(d) The west.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
2. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
3. How many servants does Ali say his uncle has in his Shimran harem?
4. How does Arslan Aga feel about his article being censored?
5. Why are bodies buried in Kerbela?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)