|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written in the marriage contract about Nino's religion?
(a) She will give it up.
(b) She will blend it with Islam.
(c) Nothing is mentioned.
(d) She will keep it.
2. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) The west.
(b) Ali and Nino.
(c) The dessert.
(d) The arts.
3. Where does Ali promise to take Nino on a belated honeymoon?
(a) To England.
(b) To the far east.
(c) To India.
(d) To the west.
4. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) The roads are blocked.
(b) He doesn't want to go back to war.
(c) The war is ending.
(d) Nino won't let him.
5. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
(a) To write his hero's story.
(b) To write love poems.
(c) To record the events of the war.
(d) To write him letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
2. In Shimran, how does Nino eat her rice wrong?
3. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
4. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
5. In Chapter 25, why does Ali mark a map with flags?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)