|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the eunuch at the Shimran harem feel about Ali's relationship with Nino?
(a) The eunuch thinks Ali pampers Nino.
(b) The eunuch thinks Ali ignores Nino.
(c) The eunuch things Ali is true to Nino.
(d) The eunuch thinks Ali beats Nino.
2. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) The roads are blocked.
(b) Nino won't let him.
(c) The war is ending.
(d) He doesn't want to go back to war.
3. What does Nachararyan say he is saving Nino from when he kidnaps her?
(a) A Muslim.
(b) A loss of faith.
(d) A life of poverty.
4. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
5. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
(a) His ability to speak several languages.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His religious writings.
(d) His father's status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
2. How does Ali respond to being transferred to Paris?
3. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
4. What does Arslan say will kill him?
5. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)