|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
(c) Iljas Beg's.
(d) Safar Khan's.
2. Why is Ali unable to marry Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) She is tainted.
(b) He is running from the law.
(c) She is unwilling.
(d) He is under vendetta.
3. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Ali promise to take Nino on a belated honeymoon?
(a) To India.
(b) To the far east.
(c) To the west.
(d) To England.
5. How does Arslan Aga feel about his article being censored?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iljas Beg arm Ali with after hearing that Nino has been kidnapped?
2. What is the purpose of the proposed Empire of Turan?
3. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
4. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
5. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)