|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
(a) He says Nino should ask permission.
(b) He says Ali should disagree with her plans.
(c) He says Ali should go along with her plans.
(d) He says it's not worth planning anyway.
2. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
3. Why can't Nino attend the reception for Safar Khan in Shimran?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She refuses to go.
(c) It is for males only.
(d) She is tired.
4. How does Nino plan to restore her house in Baku?
(a) A blend of east and west.
(b) In a European style.
(c) Like a harem.
(d) She wants to turn it into a farm.
5. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants does Ali say his uncle has in his Shimran harem?
2. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
3. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
4. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
5. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)