|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants does Ali say his uncle has in his Shimran harem?
2. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) Nino won't let him.
(b) The war is ending.
(c) The roads are blocked.
(d) He doesn't want to go back to war.
3. How does Nino plan to restore her house in Baku?
(a) Like a harem.
(b) A blend of east and west.
(c) In a European style.
(d) She wants to turn it into a farm.
4. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Call an exorcist.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Help Ali move.
5. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
(a) She looks like a thief
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has too much work to do.
(d) She doesn't wear a veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
2. What does Dim Mehmed Haidar want to build in place of derricks?
3. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
4. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
5. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)