|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because it upsets Nino.
(b) Because it goes against his religion.
(c) Because they never stop.
(d) Because they are loud.
2. Where does Nino go to stay before returning to Baku from the palace?
(a) To the harem.
(b) To her aunt's apartment.
(c) To a women's home.
(d) To her parents' flat.
3. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
(a) She tells Mirza how to act with westerners.
(b) She explains how Baku is too hostile for Mirza.
(c) She instructs Mirza to not go out in public.
(d) She teaches Mirza how to shake hands.
4. Why is Nachararyan able to land the first punch while fighting Ali over kidnapping Nino?
(a) Ali wasn't watching.
(b) He has longer arms.
(c) He moves faster.
(d) He is a trained boxer.
5. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
2. What does Nachararyan say he is saving Nino from when he kidnaps her?
3. What does Arslan tell Ali about Nino's life in Tiflis?
4. How does Nino feel about Ali beating and cutting himself in the streets?
5. What does Arslan say will kill him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)