|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali spend the first few weeks of Tamar's life?
(a) He spends them at work.
(b) He spends them caring for Nino.
(c) He spends them caring for Tamar.
(d) He spends them on vacation.
2. How does Nino feel about Ali beating and cutting himself in the streets?
(a) She says she doesn't understand.
(b) She says he is stupid.
(c) She says she is proud of him.
(d) She says she hates him.
3. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
(c) Safar Khan.
(d) Iljas Beg.
4. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) The roads are blocked.
(b) The war is ending.
(c) Nino won't let him.
(d) He doesn't want to go back to war.
5. Who tells Ali that Nachararyan has kidnapped Nino?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(b) Safar Khan.
(c) Nachararyan himself.
(d) Seinal Aga.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
2. What is the first thing Ali does to Nachararyan after he kidnaps Nino?
3. Why do some Persians believe Persia doesn't need an army?
4. Who pulls Jahja's tooth?
5. Where does Ali flee after a police officer releases a warrant for his arrest?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)