|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nino say she plans to go when she is exiled for her mistake of leaving with Nachararyan?
2. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
3. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
4. What does Dim Mehmed Haidar want to build in place of derricks?
(a) A garden.
(b) A mosque.
(c) A church.
(d) A new city-center.
5. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
(a) He thinks it is very modern.
(b) He thinks it is wasted on public art.
(c) He thinks it is underdeveloped.
(d) He thinks it is expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
2. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
3. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
4. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
5. According to Ali's uncle in Chapter 24, what "lightens the world"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)