|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
(a) A cowardly woman.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A foolish woman.
(d) An unholy woman.
2. Who orders Nino to be taken home after Nachararyan tried to kidnap her?
(c) Seyd Mustafa.
(d) Ali's father.
3. In Chapter 16, who orders Ali to attend a meeting of oil princes?
(a) Nino's father.
(c) Safar Khan.
4. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is a bad cook.
(b) She is a bad housekeeper.
(c) She is unfaithful.
(d) She is ugly.
5. What does Arslan tell Ali about Nino's life in Tiflis?
(a) She has been shipped away.
(b) She has been praying nonstop.
(c) She has been locked up.
(d) She had been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
2. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
3. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
4. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
5. Where does Nino go to stay before returning to Baku from the palace?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)