|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
(a) To respect his ancestors.
(b) To show his faith.
(c) To honor his dead friends.
(d) To celebrate his freedom.
2. How does Ali spend the first few weeks of Tamar's life?
(a) He spends them caring for Nino.
(b) He spends them caring for Tamar.
(c) He spends them on vacation.
(d) He spends them at work.
3. What does Prince Kipiani want to happen to Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) He wants her to flee to Europe.
(b) He wants her to come home.
(c) He wants her to never speak to him again.
(d) He wants her to marry Ali.
4. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
(a) Safar Khan.
(b) Iljas Beg.
5. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
(a) Call an exorcist.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Help Ali move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
2. How does Nino plan to restore her house in Baku?
3. What does Iljas Beg arm Ali with after hearing that Nino has been kidnapped?
4. How does Nino feel about Ali beating and cutting himself in the streets?
5. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)