|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ali and Nino do when they arrive at Shimran?
2. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
(a) The country will become the next great empire.
(b) The country will probably be taken over.
(c) The country is ready for independence.
(d) The country is on the road for economic failure.
3. Where does Nino go to stay before returning to Baku from the palace?
(a) To her parents' flat.
(b) To the harem.
(c) To a women's home.
(d) To her aunt's apartment.
4. Why does Arslan say it is safe for Ali and Nino to return home?
(a) Blood feuds are illegal.
(b) There has been a revolution.
(c) They have been gone long enough.
(d) The people of Baku miss them.
5. Why do some Persians believe Persia doesn't need an army?
(a) They never fight.
(b) They have divine protection.
(c) They need to spend there money in other ways.
(d) They have other countries protect them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
2. After marrying Ali, how does Nino feel about Baku?
3. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 16, who orders Ali to attend a meeting of oil princes?
5. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)