|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
(b) Safar Khan's.
(d) Iljas Beg's.
2. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
(a) He bites the horse's neck.
(b) He whips the horse.
(c) He smacks the horse with a dagger.
(d) He yells at the horse.
3. How many servants does Ali say his uncle has in his Shimran harem?
4. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) The arts.
(b) Ali and Nino.
(c) The west.
(d) The dessert.
5. In Shimran, how does Nino eat her rice wrong?
(a) She doesn't pray first.
(b) She doesn't use silverware.
(c) She uses the wrong hand.
(d) She doesn't eat it at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
2. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
3. What does Ali do to the lizard he catches in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
5. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)