|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali do while Nino is in labor?
(a) He eats.
(b) He takes a vacation.
(c) He drinks alcohol.
(d) He prays.
2. What is the purpose of the proposed Empire of Turan?
(a) To unite people of Turkish blood.
(b) To make Islam more peaceful.
(c) To help Baku become European.
(d) To tax Christians.
3. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
(a) A foolish woman.
(b) A cowardly woman.
(c) An unholy woman.
(d) A naked woman.
4. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has too much work to do.
(c) She doesn't wear a veil.
(d) She looks like a thief
5. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
(a) They are fake.
(b) They are the worst.
(c) They are the largest.
(d) They are the best.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
2. What does Ali call his daughter?
3. Who orders Nino to be taken home after Nachararyan tried to kidnap her?
4. What does the Grand Duke want to restore to Hagia Sophia?
5. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)