|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
(a) They house the gods.
(b) Ali is afraid of them.
(c) Her father harvests them.
(d) She hates them.
2. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. What does Ali say Baku is like?
(a) A prison.
(b) A shell.
(c) A nut.
(d) A tree.
4. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(c) A woman with only one arm.
(d) A mother of ten.
5. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
(a) To find Nino.
(b) To hide from his father.
(c) To make money.
(d) To protect his reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
2. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
3. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
4. What groups of people live in Susha?
5. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Iljas Beg's graduation party like?
2. How does Ali feel about staying at his uncle's palace in Shimran?
3. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
4. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
5. After Baku becomes a fully western city, what advice does Ali's father give Ali?
6. How does Seyd Mustafa describe Nino's kidnapping?
7. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
8. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
9. How is Nino treated at Ali's uncle's palace in Shimran?
10. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)