|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
(a) To hide from his father.
(b) To make money.
(c) To find Nino.
(d) To protect his reputation.
2. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) People's nature to fight.
(b) Iraq being denied resources.
(c) The Armenians as a whole.
(d) Iran being cut in half.
4. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
(a) Ignored their pleas for help.
(b) Made it better.
(c) Acted as kind guests.
(d) Torn it apart.
5. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is wrong with Russian justice?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
3. Where is Susha located?
4. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
5. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
2. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
3. In Chapter 25, how does Ali feel about Jahja?
4. How do the Kipianis react to Ali's proposal of marriage to Nino?
5. In Chapter 6, what reason does Nino give Ali for why they can't marry?
6. Why does Ali have problems in school?
7. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
8. What is Iljas Beg's graduation party like?
9. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
10. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)