|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
2. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He buys a new sword.
(b) He is riding his horse.
(c) He writes a letter to Ali.
(d) He shouts it across town.
3. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, where does Ali ask Nino to go with him?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To a museum.
(c) To war.
(d) To Baku.
5. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
2. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
3. What upsets Ali about Gandsha?
4. What stories does Ali hear about Karabagh while waiting for Nino?
5. What nationality is Nachararyan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
2. How do the Kipianis react to Ali's proposal of marriage to Nino?
3. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
4. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
5. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
6. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
7. How does Seyd Mustafa describe Nino's kidnapping?
8. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
9. Why does Ali switch daggers with Iljas Beg at his graduation party?
10. What happens after Azerbaijan's sovereignty is recognized?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)