|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Ali about Gandsha?
(a) His friend moved there.
(b) His father was in prison there.
(c) His relative was killed there.
(d) He lost his ring there.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) Persia likes Europe too much.
(b) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
(c) It is too costly to fight.
(d) It is for the unbelievers.
3. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
(a) Made it better.
(b) Torn it apart.
(c) Ignored their pleas for help.
(d) Acted as kind guests.
4. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its university
(b) Its food.
(c) Its sports teams.
(d) Its religious houses.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
2. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
3. What does Ali say Nino looks like at Iljas Beg's graduation party?
4. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
5. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 25, how does Ali feel about Jahja?
3. What does Ali tell his father about war in Chapter 9?
4. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
5. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
6. What happens after Azerbaijan's sovereignty is recognized?
7. How does Dim Mehmed Haidar feel about the war?
8. What does Ali do after killing Nachararyan?
9. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
10. How does Ali feel about his Asian heritage?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)