|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her hips.
(c) Her heritage.
(d) Her faith.
2. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
(a) Makes his son the new commander.
(b) Conceeds some eastern lands.
(c) Negotiates with England.
(d) Invades Turkey.
3. What nationality is Nachararyan?
4. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
(a) Travel plans.
(b) His father's power.
(c) A kidney disease.
(d) A sore foot.
5. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its sports teams.
(b) Its religious houses.
(c) Its food.
(d) Its university
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
2. Where does Ali believe the Turks will enter Baku?
3. How many wishes does Ali's father grant him in Chapter 3?
4. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
5. What does Ali say Baku is like?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Tiflis, what makes Nino worry about her future with Ali?
2. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
3. What does Ali tell his father about war in Chapter 9?
4. What happens during the meeting of the oil princes in Chapter 16?
5. What does Ali do after the Armenians join the Russians in demanding a Muslim surrender?
6. How does Ali feel about staying at his uncle's palace in Shimran?
7. Why does Ali switch daggers with Iljas Beg at his graduation party?
8. What is Iljas Beg's graduation party like?
9. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
10. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)