|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
(a) Poor people are killed.
(b) More weapons are sold.
(c) They find gold.
(d) Oil prices rise.
2. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. Who fights with Russia over Baku?
4. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
5. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
(a) They are uneducated.
(b) They must agree with their husband.
(c) They don't have souls.
(d) They are fickle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
2. What do Russians call Persian singing?
3. Where does Ali believe the Turks will enter Baku?
4. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
5. How many wishes does Ali's father grant him in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seyd Mustafa convince Ali that the Koran is on his side for marrying Nino?
2. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
3. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
4. How does Ali feel during his first diplomatic reception?
5. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
6. What does Ali do after using his second wish?
7. What happens during the meeting of the oil princes in Chapter 16?
8. Why does Ali give Arslan Aga alcohol in Chapter 19?
9. What has happened to Baku when Ali and Nino return after being in exile?
10. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)