|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her hips.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her mind.
2. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
(a) It should be a last resort.
(b) It is the best idea.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) He could be killed for it.
3. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To England.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To Armenia.
(d) To Sweden.
4. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
5. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
2. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
3. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
4. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
5. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali tell his father about war in Chapter 9?
2. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
3. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
4. What does Ali do after the Armenians join the Russians in demanding a Muslim surrender?
5. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
6. How does Nino like her married life to Ali in exile?
7. Why does Ali leave the Bailov Garrison at the end of Chapter 12?
8. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
9. What is Ali and Nino's trip to Shimran like?
10. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)