|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
(a) The trees.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The sea.
(d) The desert.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
3. Where is Susha located?
(a) Near the ocean.
(b) On a plain.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In a desert.
4. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can skip school.
(b) So he can impress him.
(c) So he can prove him wrong.
(d) So he can get extra credit.
5. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
2. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
3. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
5. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ali say Baku is like a kernel in a nut?
2. In Chapter 25, how does Ali feel about Jahja?
3. What advice does Safar Khan give Ali about marriage in Chapter 12?
4. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
5. What does Shusha look like?
6. What does Ali do after killing Nachararyan?
7. Why does Ali have problems in school?
8. In Chapter 15, where do Ali and Nino decide to live?
9. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
10. What are the drums of Hussein?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)