|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wishes does Ali's father grant him in Chapter 3?
2. What are the Ashouks known for?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) It is too costly to fight.
(b) It is for the unbelievers.
(c) Persia likes Europe too much.
(d) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, where does Ali ask Nino to go with him?
(a) To Baku.
(b) To a museum.
(c) To the opera.
(d) To war.
5. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A hedonist.
(b) An ascetic.
(c) A fool.
(d) A powerhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
2. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
3. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
4. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
5. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ali say Baku is like a kernel in a nut?
2. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
3. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
4. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
5. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
6. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
7. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
8. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
9. What has happened to Baku when Ali and Nino return after being in exile?
10. How does Ali feel during his first diplomatic reception?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)