|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
(a) Three European countries.
(b) Muslims, Buddists and Hindus.
(c) Three great Caucasians.
(d) Money, power, and influence.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) Persia likes Europe too much.
(b) It is too costly to fight.
(c) It is for the unbelievers.
(d) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
3. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) To help Ali marry Nino.
(c) To make connections in Georgia.
(d) So Nino falls in love with him.
4. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
5. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Russia over Baku?
2. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
3. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
4. In traditional Asian courtship, what do boys do when they like a girl?
5. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
2. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
3. Why does Ali leave the Bailov Garrison at the end of Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
5. What does Ali do after using his second wish?
6. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
7. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
8. How does the war begin?
9. Why does Ali have problems in school?
10. What happens to Arslan Aga when he fights against the Russians invading Baku?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)