|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) His father sends a telegram.
(b) His uncle tells him to go home.
(c) He is hiding from the war.
(d) He wants to protect Nino.
2. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
3. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To show him its ruin.
(b) To show him its greatness.
(c) To introduce him to family.
(d) To show him good shopping.
4. How does Ali describe the nights spent visiting Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) A party.
(c) A test in silence.
5. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) He tips the conductor.
(b) He just walks on the train.
(c) He bribes the driver.
(d) His uncle gets it for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Russians call Persian singing?
2. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
3. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
4. What upsets Ali about Gandsha?
5. What does Ali say Nino looks like at Iljas Beg's graduation party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
2. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
3. After Baku becomes a fully western city, what advice does Ali's father give Ali?
4. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 15, where do Ali and Nino decide to live?
6. How does Nino like her married life to Ali in exile?
7. What is Ali and Nino's trip to Shimran like?
8. What are the drums of Hussein?
9. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
10. How does Seyd Mustafa describe Nino's kidnapping?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)