|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
(a) Her face.
(b) Her beliefs.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her soul.
2. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
3. Where is Susha located?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On a plain.
(c) Near the ocean.
(d) In a desert.
4. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can get extra credit.
(b) So he can prove him wrong.
(c) So he can impress him.
(d) So he can skip school.
5. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
2. What groups of people live in Susha?
3. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Ali say is the only reason he could go to war?
5. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
2. What happens to Arslan Aga when he fights against the Russians invading Baku?
3. How is Nino treated at Ali's uncle's palace in Shimran?
4. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
5. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
6. In Chapter 15, where do Ali and Nino decide to live?
7. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
8. How does the war begin?
9. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
10. What happens when Ali visits Tiflis?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)