|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(b) She feels free to talk to him.
(c) She doesn't wear a veil.
(d) She is able to go to school.
2. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Mayor's Manor.
(b) Governor's Garden.
(c) Fisher's Field.
(d) Chaplain's Square.
3. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
4. What groups of people live in Susha?
(a) Muslim and Jewish.
(b) Armenian and Muslim.
(c) Jewish and Armenian.
(d) Only Muslims.
5. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
2. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
3. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
4. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
5. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
2. How does the war begin?
3. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
4. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
5. What is Ali and Nino's trip to Shimran like?
6. How do the Kipianis react to Ali's proposal of marriage to Nino?
7. How does Ali feel during his first diplomatic reception?
8. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
9. What does Ali do after using his second wish?
10. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's uncle describe Persia?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)