|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) An ascetic.
(b) A fool.
(c) A hedonist.
(d) A powerhouse.
2. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
(a) Saving money.
(b) Avoiding politics.
(c) Treating people kindly.
(d) Passing school.
3. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
(a) They are stormed by citizens.
(b) They are bombed.
(c) They are completely shut down.
(d) They are avoided.
4. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
(a) To challenge them to a game of cards.
(b) To show them a forest.
(c) To watch them dance.
(d) To offer them gifts.
5. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
(a) To be able to join the war later.
(b) To be able to fight honorably in the war.
(c) To be able to ignore the war entirely.
(d) To be able to write about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who challenges the boys to choose between Europe and Asia?
2. What nationality is Nachararyan?
3. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
5. Where is the Russian boys' school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
2. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
3. How does Ali feel during his first diplomatic reception?
4. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
5. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
6. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
7. In Chapter 6, what reason does Nino give Ali for why they can't marry?
8. What happens after Azerbaijan's sovereignty is recognized?
9. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
10. Why does Ali leave the Bailov Garrison at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)