Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
(a) Invades Turkey.
(b) Makes his son the new commander.
(c) Conceeds some eastern lands.
(d) Negotiates with England.
2. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) An officer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A priest.
3. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To show him good shopping.
(b) To introduce him to family.
(c) To show him its greatness.
(d) To show him its ruin.
4. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) Iraq being denied resources.
(b) Iran being cut in half.
(c) People's nature to fight.
(d) The Armenians as a whole.
5. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To defeat Jews.
(b) To free Muslims.
(c) To confuse Russians.
(d) To enrage Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
3. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
4. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
5. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
2. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
3. What does Shusha look like?
4. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
5. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
6. How does Ali feel about his Asian heritage?
7. Why does Ali's father have such faith in Persia in Chapter 22?
8. In Chapter 22, how does Ali's father respond when Ali says Asia has fallen?
9. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)