|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
2. What groups of people live in Susha?
(a) Jewish and Armenian.
(b) Muslim and Jewish.
(c) Armenian and Muslim.
(d) Only Muslims.
3. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her heritage.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her hips.
4. Why do people ask Ali if he is off to war in Chapter 7?
(a) He is dressed in formal wear.
(b) His horse is running.
(c) He speaks out against the war.
(d) He is a boy.
5. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 40 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
3. What does Ali say Nino looks like at Iljas Beg's graduation party?
4. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
2. How does Ali feel about his Asian heritage?
3. What does Ali do when he hears about the Russians entering into new sovereign Azerbaijan?
4. What does Ali say about trees while visiting Dadiani?
5. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
6. What is Iljas Beg's graduation party like?
7. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
8. In Chapter 6, what reason does Nino give Ali for why they can't marry?
9. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
10. How does Nino like her married life to Ali in exile?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)