|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(b) The United States.
2. How does Kotshi feel about war?
(a) He thinks it costs too much money.
(b) He loves the politics behind war.
(c) He thinks it is always a bad idea.
(d) He is eager to fight.
3. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her hips.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her heritage.
4. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
5. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
2. Whom does Ali leave the arrangements of his marriage to Nino up to?
3. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What is Susha best known for?
5. What is Ali's Koran open to when he comes home from the opera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ali and Nino's trip to Shimran like?
2. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
3. What does Ali do after killing Nachararyan?
4. How does Nino like her married life to Ali in exile?
5. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
6. How does Ali respond to news of his transfer to Paris?
7. What does Ali do after using his second wish?
8. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
9. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
10. What happens after Azerbaijan's sovereignty is recognized?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)