|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ali's Koran open to when he comes home from the opera?
(a) A warning.
(b) A cryptic message.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A list of rules.
2. Why does Ali's uncle visit from Iran?
(a) To get medical treatment.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To trade his goods.
(d) To attend school.
3. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
4. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
(a) At his family's country home.
(b) At the university.
(c) At his father's palace.
(d) At a ballroom in Moscow.
5. What does the narrator say is wrong with Russian justice?
(a) It is too mild.
(b) It is too complex.
(c) It is too harsh.
(d) It is non-existant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
2. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
3. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
4. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
5. What do the Kipianis want Ali to wait for before proposing to Nino?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dim Mehmed Haidar feel about the war?
2. What does Ali do after using his second wish?
3. What does Ali do after the Armenians join the Russians in demanding a Muslim surrender?
4. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
5. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
6. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
7. How does Seyd Mustafa convince Ali that the Koran is on his side for marrying Nino?
8. How do the Kipianis react to Ali's proposal of marriage to Nino?
9. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
10. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)