|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
(a) Three great Caucasians.
(b) Money, power, and influence.
(c) Muslims, Buddists and Hindus.
(d) Three European countries.
2. What does the narrator say is wrong with Russian justice?
(a) It is too complex.
(b) It is too harsh.
(c) It is non-existant.
(d) It is too mild.
3. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
(a) To show them a forest.
(b) To challenge them to a game of cards.
(c) To watch them dance.
(d) To offer them gifts.
4. What stories does Ali hear about Karabagh while waiting for Nino?
(a) About his wives.
(b) About his frugality.
(c) About his fighting skills.
(d) About his excellence.
5. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To introduce him to family.
(b) To show him good shopping.
(c) To show him its ruin.
(d) To show him its greatness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
2. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
3. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
4. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
5. What does Ali say Baku is like?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what reason does Nino give Ali for why they can't marry?
2. How does the war begin?
3. What does Shusha look like?
4. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
5. In Chapter 15, where do Ali and Nino decide to live?
6. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
7. How does Ali feel about being married in exile?
8. What is Iljas Beg's graduation party like?
9. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
10. How does Ali feel about his friends after the Holy War is declared?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)