|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
(a) To be able to write about the war.
(b) To be able to join the war later.
(c) To be able to fight honorably in the war.
(d) To be able to ignore the war entirely.
2. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To defeat Jews.
(b) To enrage Christians.
(c) To free Muslims.
(d) To confuse Russians.
3. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
(b) It is for the unbelievers.
(c) Persia likes Europe too much.
(d) It is too costly to fight.
4. How does Kotshi feel about war?
(a) He thinks it costs too much money.
(b) He loves the politics behind war.
(c) He is eager to fight.
(d) He thinks it is always a bad idea.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
2. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
3. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
4. What does Ali say about the veil when discussing marriage with Nino's father?
5. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ali and Nino's trip to Shimran like?
2. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
3. What happens during the meeting of the oil princes in Chapter 16?
4. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
5. What happens when Ali and Nino meet at Governor's Garden?
6. Why does Ali leave the Bailov Garrison at the end of Chapter 12?
7. How does Ali feel about staying at his uncle's palace in Shimran?
8. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
9. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
10. Why does Ali have problems in school?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)