|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kotshi feel about war?
(a) He thinks it is always a bad idea.
(b) He thinks it costs too much money.
(c) He is eager to fight.
(d) He loves the politics behind war.
2. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To England.
(b) To Sweden.
(c) To Russia.
(d) To Armenia.
3. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Finish school.
(c) Reconsider his offer.
(d) Find a job.
4. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
(a) Her face.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her beliefs.
(d) Her soul.
5. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her hips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
2. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
3. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
4. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
5. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ali feel during his first diplomatic reception?
2. Why is Nino eager to leave Ali's uncle's palace and return to Baku?
3. How does Kotshi feel about war?
4. What does Nachararyan discuss with Ali and Nino after they attend an opera?
5. How does Seyd Mustafa describe Nino's kidnapping?
6. While in Tiflis, what makes Nino worry about her future with Ali?
7. How does Ali compare his courtship to Nino to the Asian way of courting?
8. How does Ali feel about staying at his uncle's palace in Shimran?
9. What are the drums of Hussein?
10. What does Shusha look like?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)