|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali say Baku is like?
(a) A prison.
(b) A nut.
(c) A shell.
(d) A tree.
2. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
(a) To find Nino.
(b) To hide from his father.
(c) To make money.
(d) To protect his reputation.
3. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her beliefs.
4. Where is Susha located?
(a) Near the ocean.
(b) In a desert.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On a plain.
5. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 40 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Ali struggle in?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
3. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
4. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the meeting of the oil princes in Chapter 16?
2. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
3. How does Nino like her married life to Ali in exile?
4. After Baku becomes a fully western city, what advice does Ali's father give Ali?
5. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
6. What happens when Nino finds Ali in exile?
7. Why does Ali switch daggers with Iljas Beg at his graduation party?
8. What happens after Azerbaijan's sovereignty is recognized?
9. What happens when Ali catches Nachararyan kidnapping Nino?
10. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)