|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(b) The United States.
3. Why does Ali's uncle visit from Iran?
(a) To attend school.
(b) To trade his goods.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To get medical treatment.
4. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Fisher's Field.
(b) Governor's Garden.
(c) Mayor's Manor.
(d) Chaplain's Square.
5. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her great aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
2. What are the Ashouks known for?
3. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
4. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
5. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali's uncle reflect upon when he discusses his travels with the King of Kings?
2. What has happened to Baku when Ali and Nino return after being in exile?
3. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
4. How does Ali compare his courtship to Nino to the Asian way of courting?
5. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
6. What happens when Arslan leaves Ali with paper and pens?
7. How does Ali feel when he rides the train to Baku in Chapter 8?
8. Why does Ali give Arslan Aga alcohol in Chapter 19?
9. What are the drums of Hussein?
10. What does Ali tell his father about war in Chapter 9?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)