|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) A week.
2. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
3. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) He just walks on the train.
(b) He tips the conductor.
(c) He bribes the driver.
(d) His uncle gets it for him.
4. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(b) The United States.
5. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Ali struggle in?
2. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
3. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
4. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ali feel about staying at his uncle's palace in Shimran?
2. What does Nino's father lecture Ali about when they discuss marriage?
3. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's uncle describe Persia?
4. How is Nino treated at Ali's uncle's palace in Shimran?
5. How does Dim Mehmed Haidar feel about the war?
6. What does the Caliph's plenipotentiary do in Chapter 27 to impact the war?
7. How does Ali compare his courtship to Nino to the Asian way of courting?
8. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
9. In Chapter 25, how does Ali feel about Jahja?
10. How does Ali react to the birth of his daughter?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)