|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
(a) In a closed coach.
(b) On horseback.
(c) From an upstairs window.
(d) He takes her for a walk.
2. What does Ali call his daughter?
(a) A beauty.
(b) An omen.
(c) A toy.
(d) A blessing.
3. Who marries Ali and Nino?
(a) A village priest.
(b) A Mullah.
(c) Seyd Mustafa.
(d) Ali does it himself.
4. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
(a) They are the worst.
(b) They are the largest.
(c) They are fake.
(d) They are the best.
5. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
(a) To wait.
(b) To hide half their oil.
(c) To join the war.
(d) To raise their prices.
6. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
(a) He smacks the horse with a dagger.
(b) He yells at the horse.
(c) He whips the horse.
(d) He bites the horse's neck.
7. What does Ali's father tell him about Asia's borders in Chapter 22?
(a) They have been blurred.
(b) They have been strengthened.
(c) They have won.
(d) They have shifted.
8. What does Iljas Beg arm Ali with after hearing that Nino has been kidnapped?
(a) A gun and a Koran.
(b) A sword and a dagger.
(c) A sword and a Koran.
(d) A dagger and a gun.
9. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
(a) Beat it.
(b) Left it in the woods.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Gave it away.
10. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
(a) Ali's father.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Ali's partner.
11. Who pulls Jahja's tooth?
(b) Ali's uncle.
12. In Chapter 25, why does Ali mark a map with flags?
(a) To show where he wants to travel.
(b) To show where he has traveled.
(c) To represent the developments of the war.
(d) To represent his friendships.
13. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
(a) Safar Khan.
(c) Iljas Beg.
14. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Call an exorcist.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Help Ali move.
15. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants does Ali say his uncle has in his Shimran harem?
2. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
3. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
4. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
5. What ritual is performed on the tenth of Moharram?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)