|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
(a) To record the events of the war.
(b) To write his hero's story.
(c) To write him letters.
(d) To write love poems.
2. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His angry relatives.
(b) His love of alcohol.
(c) His blood feud.
(d) His attempt to become king.
3. What is written in the marriage contract about Nino's religion?
(a) She will blend it with Islam.
(b) She will give it up.
(c) She will keep it.
(d) Nothing is mentioned.
4. Who does Arslan say Nino has been partying with?
5. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
(a) To join the war.
(b) To wait.
(c) To hide half their oil.
(d) To raise their prices.
6. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
(a) Through a bazaar.
(b) Through someone's house.
(c) Through a melon field.
(d) Through a busy road.
7. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
8. In Chapter 28, what does Ali worry his diplomatic reception guests will expect from him as a host?
(a) A veiled wife.
(b) Eastern myths.
(c) Belly dancers.
(d) Fire breathers.
9. Why is Ali unable to marry Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) He is under vendetta.
(b) He is running from the law.
(c) She is unwilling.
(d) She is tainted.
10. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
(a) He thinks it is wasted on public art.
(b) He thinks it is underdeveloped.
(c) He thinks it is expensive.
(d) He thinks it is very modern.
11. What is the first thing Ali and Nino do when they arrive at Shimran?
12. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
(a) His father's status.
(b) His religious writings.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His ability to speak several languages.
13. What do Ali and Nino have to pass through to get to Shimran?
(a) A group of thieves.
(b) Christian workers.
(c) Vast desert.
(d) A jungle.
14. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
15. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ali's uncle in Chapter 24, what "lightens the world"?
2. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
3. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
4. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
5. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)