|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Nino to be taken home after Nachararyan tried to kidnap her?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(b) Ali's father.
2. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
(a) The Republic.
(c) The world.
3. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His angry relatives.
(b) His love of alcohol.
(c) His attempt to become king.
(d) His blood feud.
4. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
(a) It is the new capital.
(b) It is a free republic.
(c) It is conquered by Russia.
(d) It is part of Persia.
5. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because it goes against his religion.
(b) Because it upsets Nino.
(c) Because they are loud.
(d) Because they never stop.
6. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
(a) He thinks it is very modern.
(b) He thinks it is underdeveloped.
(c) He thinks it is expensive.
(d) He thinks it is wasted on public art.
7. How does Arslan describe himself in combat against the Russians?
(c) Under god's supervision.
8. Why are bodies buried in Kerbela?
(a) It is a holy town.
(b) It has enough room.
(c) It is a peaceful place.
(d) It is nearest to the battle grounds.
9. In Chapter 28, what does Ali worry his diplomatic reception guests will expect from him as a host?
(a) Fire breathers.
(b) Eastern myths.
(c) Belly dancers.
(d) A veiled wife.
10. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
(a) The country is on the road for economic failure.
(b) The country will become the next great empire.
(c) The country is ready for independence.
(d) The country will probably be taken over.
11. How does the eunuch at the Shimran harem feel about Ali's relationship with Nino?
(a) The eunuch thinks Ali pampers Nino.
(b) The eunuch things Ali is true to Nino.
(c) The eunuch thinks Ali beats Nino.
(d) The eunuch thinks Ali ignores Nino.
12. Why can't Nino attend the reception for Safar Khan in Shimran?
(a) She refuses to go.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) It is for males only.
(d) She is tired.
13. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is a bad housekeeper.
(c) She is a bad cook.
(d) She is unfaithful.
14. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
15. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) He doesn't want to go back to war.
(b) Nino won't let him.
(c) The war is ending.
(d) The roads are blocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
2. What does Ali call his daughter?
3. How does Arslan Aga feel about his article being censored?
4. What does Ali do while Nino is in labor?
5. How does Ali learn that his job is transferring him to Paris?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)