|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) The war is ending.
(b) He doesn't want to go back to war.
(c) The roads are blocked.
(d) Nino won't let him.
2. What rumor does Arslan spread about Ali and Nino?
(a) Nino lost her virginity to Ali.
(b) Ali will kidnap Nino.
(c) Nino's father wants to kill Ali.
(d) Ali wants to kill Nino.
3. What is written in the marriage contract about Nino's religion?
(a) She will give it up.
(b) She will blend it with Islam.
(c) Nothing is mentioned.
(d) She will keep it.
4. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
(a) On horseback.
(b) He takes her for a walk.
(c) From an upstairs window.
(d) In a closed coach.
5. Who marries Ali and Nino?
(a) Ali does it himself.
(b) Seyd Mustafa.
(c) A Mullah.
(d) A village priest.
6. What ritual is performed on the tenth of Moharram?
(a) A ritual of friendship.
(b) A ritual of suffering.
(c) A ritual of starvation.
(d) A ritual of love.
7. Where does Ali flee after a police officer releases a warrant for his arrest?
(a) A rural town.
(b) A fortified village.
(c) A dense farm.
8. Why does Arslan say it is safe for Ali and Nino to return home?
(a) They have been gone long enough.
(b) There has been a revolution.
(c) Blood feuds are illegal.
(d) The people of Baku miss them.
9. How does Arslan Aga feel about his article being censored?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is angry.
10. Why is Ali unable to marry Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) He is under vendetta.
(b) He is running from the law.
(c) She is tainted.
(d) She is unwilling.
11. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) The west.
(b) The dessert.
(c) Ali and Nino.
(d) The arts.
12. In Chapter 25, why does Ali mark a map with flags?
(a) To show where he wants to travel.
(b) To show where he has traveled.
(c) To represent the developments of the war.
(d) To represent his friendships.
13. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
14. How does Ali spend the first few weeks of Tamar's life?
(a) He spends them on vacation.
(b) He spends them caring for Tamar.
(c) He spends them at work.
(d) He spends them caring for Nino.
15. What does Nino finally tell Ali about her kidnapping?
(a) She is sorry.
(b) She went willingly.
(c) She wants Ali to kidnap her instead.
(d) She is ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arslan tell Ali about Nino's life in Tiflis?
2. In Chapter 28, what does Ali worry his diplomatic reception guests will expect from him as a host?
3. What does Arslan say will kill him?
4. Where does Ali end up stabbing Nachararyan?
5. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)