|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
(b) Iljas Beg's.
(c) Safar Khan's.
2. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
(a) He is rambling.
(b) The war is more important.
(c) Asia has fallen.
(d) Legends are dead.
3. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
(a) Through someone's house.
(b) Through a melon field.
(c) Through a busy road.
(d) Through a bazaar.
4. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is a bad housekeeper.
(b) She is a bad cook.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is unfaithful.
5. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
(a) They will conquer Persia.
(b) They appreciate Persia.
(c) They are fools.
(d) They are too busy to worry about Persia.
6. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
7. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because it upsets Nino.
(b) Because it goes against his religion.
(c) Because they are loud.
(d) Because they never stop.
8. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
(a) Left it in the woods.
(b) Gave it away.
(c) Beat it.
(d) Starved it.
9. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
(a) To write him letters.
(b) To record the events of the war.
(c) To write his hero's story.
(d) To write love poems.
10. Where does Ali promise to take Nino on a belated honeymoon?
(a) To India.
(b) To the west.
(c) To England.
(d) To the far east.
11. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
(c) The world.
(d) The Republic.
12. What ritual is performed on the tenth of Moharram?
(a) A ritual of love.
(b) A ritual of starvation.
(c) A ritual of friendship.
(d) A ritual of suffering.
13. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
(a) She instructs Mirza to not go out in public.
(b) She teaches Mirza how to shake hands.
(c) She tells Mirza how to act with westerners.
(d) She explains how Baku is too hostile for Mirza.
14. Who pulls Jahja's tooth?
(d) Ali's uncle.
15. What does Ali do while Nino is in labor?
(a) He eats.
(b) He takes a vacation.
(c) He drinks alcohol.
(d) He prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
2. What does Dim Mehmed Haidar want to build in place of derricks?
3. Who does Arslan say Nino has been partying with?
4. What does Arslan tell Ali about Nino's life in Tiflis?
5. In Shimran, how does Nino eat her rice wrong?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)