|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
(a) Through a bazaar.
(b) Through someone's house.
(c) Through a melon field.
(d) Through a busy road.
2. Where does Nino go to stay before returning to Baku from the palace?
(a) To her parents' flat.
(b) To the harem.
(c) To a women's home.
(d) To her aunt's apartment.
3. In Chapter 25, why does Ali mark a map with flags?
(a) To represent the developments of the war.
(b) To represent his friendships.
(c) To show where he has traveled.
(d) To show where he wants to travel.
4. How does Arslan Aga feel about his article being censored?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
(a) She tells Mirza how to act with westerners.
(b) She teaches Mirza how to shake hands.
(c) She explains how Baku is too hostile for Mirza.
(d) She instructs Mirza to not go out in public.
6. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
(a) Safar Khan.
(c) Iljas Beg.
7. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
(a) Gave it away.
(b) Starved it.
(c) Left it in the woods.
(d) Beat it.
8. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
(a) A cowardly woman.
(b) A foolish woman.
(c) A naked woman.
(d) An unholy woman.
9. In Chapter 16, who orders Ali to attend a meeting of oil princes?
(a) Safar Khan.
(b) Nino's father.
10. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) Ali and Nino.
(b) The dessert.
(c) The arts.
(d) The west.
11. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
12. In Shimran, how does Nino eat her rice wrong?
(a) She doesn't use silverware.
(b) She doesn't pray first.
(c) She uses the wrong hand.
(d) She doesn't eat it at all.
13. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is a bad cook.
(c) She is a bad housekeeper.
(d) She is unfaithful.
14. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
(b) The world.
(c) The Republic.
15. Where does Nino say she plans to go when she is exiled for her mistake of leaving with Nachararyan?
Short Answer Questions
1. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
2. Why does Arslan say it is safe for Ali and Nino to return home?
3. What does Arslan say will kill him?
4. How does Ali respond to being transferred to Paris?
5. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)