|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
(a) She has too much work to do.
(b) She looks like a thief
(c) She doesn't wear a veil.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
(a) He whips the horse.
(b) He smacks the horse with a dagger.
(c) He yells at the horse.
(d) He bites the horse's neck.
3. What do the Abreks swear to do in Mosque?
(a) Feed the hungry.
4. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His attempt to become king.
(b) His love of alcohol.
(c) His blood feud.
(d) His angry relatives.
5. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
(a) They are the largest.
(b) They are fake.
(c) They are the best.
(d) They are the worst.
6. Who marries Ali and Nino?
(a) Ali does it himself.
(b) A village priest.
(c) Seyd Mustafa.
(d) A Mullah.
7. Who does Arslan say Nino has been partying with?
8. Who pulls Jahja's tooth?
(d) Ali's uncle.
9. Who delivers news of Russians in the newly independent Baku?
(b) Iljas Beg.
(d) Safar Khan.
10. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
11. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) Nino won't let him.
(b) He doesn't want to go back to war.
(c) The war is ending.
(d) The roads are blocked.
12. In Chapter 25, why does Ali mark a map with flags?
(a) To show where he wants to travel.
(b) To show where he has traveled.
(c) To represent the developments of the war.
(d) To represent his friendships.
13. What ritual is performed on the tenth of Moharram?
(a) A ritual of suffering.
(b) A ritual of starvation.
(c) A ritual of love.
(d) A ritual of friendship.
14. What does Ali call his daughter?
(a) A toy.
(b) An omen.
(c) A beauty.
(d) A blessing.
15. What is the first thing Ali and Nino do when they arrive at Shimran?
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
2. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
3. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
4. What is the purpose of the proposed Empire of Turan?
5. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)