|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arslan say it is safe for Ali and Nino to return home?
(a) They have been gone long enough.
(b) The people of Baku miss them.
(c) There has been a revolution.
(d) Blood feuds are illegal.
2. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
(a) He says Ali should go along with her plans.
(b) He says it's not worth planning anyway.
(c) He says Nino should ask permission.
(d) He says Ali should disagree with her plans.
3. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is a bad housekeeper.
(b) She is a bad cook.
(c) She is unfaithful.
(d) She is ugly.
4. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
(a) To wait.
(b) To raise their prices.
(c) To join the war.
(d) To hide half their oil.
5. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
(a) No one knows.
(c) Ali's father.
(d) Ali's partner.
6. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His love of alcohol.
(b) His attempt to become king.
(c) His angry relatives.
(d) His blood feud.
7. What season is it when Baku is considered to be liberated?
8. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
(a) The world.
(c) The Republic.
9. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
(a) She tells Mirza how to act with westerners.
(b) She instructs Mirza to not go out in public.
(c) She teaches Mirza how to shake hands.
(d) She explains how Baku is too hostile for Mirza.
10. Where does Ali promise to take Nino on a belated honeymoon?
(a) To the far east.
(b) To the west.
(c) To India.
(d) To England.
11. What is the first thing Ali and Nino do when they arrive at Shimran?
12. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
(a) He takes her for a walk.
(b) From an upstairs window.
(c) In a closed coach.
(d) On horseback.
13. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
(a) To write his hero's story.
(b) To record the events of the war.
(c) To write love poems.
(d) To write him letters.
14. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
(a) The Foreign Minister.
(b) The cabinet.
(c) The army general.
(d) The Prime Minister.
15. Who tells Ali that Nachararyan has kidnapped Nino?
(a) Nachararyan himself.
(b) Seinal Aga.
(c) Safar Khan.
(d) Seyd Mustafa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
2. How does Arslan Aga feel about his article being censored?
3. What does Ali call his daughter?
4. What rumor does Arslan spread about Ali and Nino?
5. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)