Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) Ali and Nino.
(b) The arts.
(c) The dessert.
(d) The west.
2. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
(a) They will conquer Persia.
(b) They appreciate Persia.
(c) They are too busy to worry about Persia.
(d) They are fools.
3. How does Arslan describe himself in combat against the Russians?
(b) Under god's supervision.
4. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because it goes against his religion.
(b) Because they never stop.
(c) Because it upsets Nino.
(d) Because they are loud.
5. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
(a) To honor his dead friends.
(b) To respect his ancestors.
(c) To celebrate his freedom.
(d) To show his faith.
6. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
7. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is a bad housekeeper.
(c) She is unfaithful.
(d) She is a bad cook.
8. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) He doesn't want to go back to war.
(b) Nino won't let him.
(c) The roads are blocked.
(d) The war is ending.
9. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
10. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
(a) The army general.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Foreign Minister.
(d) The cabinet.
11. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
(a) They are the worst.
(b) They are the largest.
(c) They are fake.
(d) They are the best.
12. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
(a) From an upstairs window.
(b) He takes her for a walk.
(c) In a closed coach.
(d) On horseback.
13. Why does Arslan Aga leave Ali with a stack of paper and a pen?
(a) To write love poems.
(b) To write his hero's story.
(c) To record the events of the war.
(d) To write him letters.
14. What rumor does Arslan spread about Ali and Nino?
(a) Ali will kidnap Nino.
(b) Nino lost her virginity to Ali.
(c) Nino's father wants to kill Ali.
(d) Ali wants to kill Nino.
15. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His angry relatives.
(b) His attempt to become king.
(c) His blood feud.
(d) His love of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. After marrying Ali, how does Nino feel about Baku?
2. Where does Nino go to stay before returning to Baku from the palace?
3. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
4. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
5. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)