|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Abreks swear to do in Mosque?
(b) Feed the hungry.
2. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
(a) From an upstairs window.
(b) He takes her for a walk.
(c) In a closed coach.
(d) On horseback.
3. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
(a) The country is on the road for economic failure.
(b) The country will become the next great empire.
(c) The country will probably be taken over.
(d) The country is ready for independence.
4. What does Ali call his daughter?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A beauty.
(c) An omen.
(d) A toy.
5. What does Ali's father tell him about Asia's borders in Chapter 22?
(a) They have shifted.
(b) They have been strengthened.
(c) They have won.
(d) They have been blurred.
6. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
7. What does Ali do to the lizard he catches in Chapter 19?
(a) He releases it.
(b) He gives it to Arslan.
(c) He throws it.
(d) He eats it.
8. Why does Ali doubt some of the things Arslan tells him?
(a) Arslan had been drinking.
(b) Arslan doesn't like Ali.
(c) Arslan is known to lie.
(d) Arslan laughed too much.
9. What is the first thing Ali and Nino do when they arrive at Shimran?
10. Why is Nachararyan able to land the first punch while fighting Ali over kidnapping Nino?
(a) He moves faster.
(b) He has longer arms.
(c) Ali wasn't watching.
(d) He is a trained boxer.
11. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
12. What does Dim Mehmed Haidar want to build in place of derricks?
(a) A mosque.
(b) A new city-center.
(c) A church.
(d) A garden.
13. Who does Arslan say Nino has been partying with?
14. What does Iljas Beg arm Ali with after hearing that Nino has been kidnapped?
(a) A dagger and a gun.
(b) A sword and a Koran.
(c) A sword and a dagger.
(d) A gun and a Koran.
15. In Chapter 16, who orders Ali to attend a meeting of oil princes?
(a) Nino's father.
(c) Safar Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nino say she plans to go when she is exiled for her mistake of leaving with Nachararyan?
2. Why does Arslan say it is safe for Ali and Nino to return home?
3. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
4. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
5. What does Nino finally tell Ali about her kidnapping?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)