|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
(a) It is conquered by Russia.
(b) It is part of Persia.
(c) It is the new capital.
(d) It is a free republic.
2. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
(a) He thinks it is wasted on public art.
(b) He thinks it is very modern.
(c) He thinks it is expensive.
(d) He thinks it is underdeveloped.
3. What do Ali and Nino have to pass through to get to Shimran?
(a) Vast desert.
(b) Christian workers.
(c) A group of thieves.
(d) A jungle.
4. Why do some Persians believe Persia doesn't need an army?
(a) They have other countries protect them.
(b) They never fight.
(c) They need to spend there money in other ways.
(d) They have divine protection.
5. Why does Ali doubt some of the things Arslan tells him?
(a) Arslan is known to lie.
(b) Arslan had been drinking.
(c) Arslan doesn't like Ali.
(d) Arslan laughed too much.
6. How does Ali respond to being transferred to Paris?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
7. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
8. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Help Ali move.
(d) Call an exorcist.
9. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
10. How does Nino plan to restore her house in Baku?
(a) A blend of east and west.
(b) In a European style.
(c) She wants to turn it into a farm.
(d) Like a harem.
11. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
(a) She doesn't wear a veil.
(b) She has too much work to do.
(c) She looks like a thief
(d) She is pregnant.
12. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
(a) A naked woman.
(b) A foolish woman.
(c) An unholy woman.
(d) A cowardly woman.
13. Who marries Ali and Nino?
(a) A Mullah.
(b) Ali does it himself.
(c) Seyd Mustafa.
(d) A village priest.
14. Where does Nino say she plans to go when she is exiled for her mistake of leaving with Nachararyan?
15. What does Nino finally tell Ali about her kidnapping?
(a) She wants Ali to kidnap her instead.
(b) She is sorry.
(c) She went willingly.
(d) She is ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
2. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
3. What does Ali call his daughter?
4. What is the first thing Ali does to Nachararyan after he kidnaps Nino?
5. Where does Ali flee after a police officer releases a warrant for his arrest?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)