|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
2. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
(a) In a closed coach.
(b) From an upstairs window.
(c) On horseback.
(d) He takes her for a walk.
3. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
(a) Through a melon field.
(b) Through a busy road.
(c) Through a bazaar.
(d) Through someone's house.
4. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is unfaithful.
(b) She is a bad cook.
(c) She is a bad housekeeper.
(d) She is ugly.
5. Who orders Nino to be taken home after Nachararyan tried to kidnap her?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(c) Ali's father.
6. Why can't Nino attend the reception for Safar Khan in Shimran?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She refuses to go.
(c) She is tired.
(d) It is for males only.
7. What helps Ali earn his new position as an attache after Baku is liberated?
(a) His father's status.
(b) His religious writings.
(c) His ability to speak several languages.
(d) His marriage.
8. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
(a) The army general.
(b) The Foreign Minister.
(c) The cabinet.
(d) The Prime Minister.
9. Why is Nachararyan able to land the first punch while fighting Ali over kidnapping Nino?
(a) He moves faster.
(b) He has longer arms.
(c) Ali wasn't watching.
(d) He is a trained boxer.
10. Who pulls Jahja's tooth?
(d) Ali's uncle.
11. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
(a) To join the war.
(b) To wait.
(c) To raise their prices.
(d) To hide half their oil.
12. What rumor does Arslan spread about Ali and Nino?
(a) Ali wants to kill Nino.
(b) Nino lost her virginity to Ali.
(c) Nino's father wants to kill Ali.
(d) Ali will kidnap Nino.
13. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A machine gun.
14. Why is Ali unable to marry Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) He is running from the law.
(b) She is unwilling.
(c) He is under vendetta.
(d) She is tainted.
15. How does Nino feel about Ali beating and cutting himself in the streets?
(a) She says she hates him.
(b) She says she doesn't understand.
(c) She says he is stupid.
(d) She says she is proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual is performed on the tenth of Moharram?
2. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
3. What do Ali and Nino have to pass through to get to Shimran?
4. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
5. Why can't Nino go out on the streets in Shimran?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)