|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
(a) To wait.
(b) To raise their prices.
(c) To join the war.
(d) To hide half their oil.
2. What does Dim Mehmed Haidar want to build in place of derricks?
(a) A new city-center.
(b) A church.
(c) A garden.
(d) A mosque.
3. After marrying Ali, how does Nino feel about Baku?
(a) She wants to move back.
(b) She wants to burn the village.
(c) She wants to visit.
(d) She does not want to move back.
4. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
(a) The cabinet.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The army general.
(d) The Foreign Minister.
5. What does Prince Kipiani want to happen to Nino after her attempted kidnapping?
(a) He wants her to come home.
(b) He wants her to marry Ali.
(c) He wants her to flee to Europe.
(d) He wants her to never speak to him again.
6. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
(a) They are the worst.
(b) They are the best.
(c) They are fake.
(d) They are the largest.
7. How does the eunuch at the Shimran harem feel about Ali's relationship with Nino?
(a) The eunuch thinks Ali beats Nino.
(b) The eunuch thinks Ali ignores Nino.
(c) The eunuch things Ali is true to Nino.
(d) The eunuch thinks Ali pampers Nino.
8. Who orders Nino to be taken home after Nachararyan tried to kidnap her?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(b) Ali's father.
9. What does Ali do while Nino is in labor?
(a) He prays.
(b) He drinks alcohol.
(c) He takes a vacation.
(d) He eats.
10. What do Ali and Nino have to pass through to get to Shimran?
(a) Christian workers.
(b) Vast desert.
(c) A jungle.
(d) A group of thieves.
11. Who marries Ali and Nino?
(a) A village priest.
(b) Ali does it himself.
(c) Seyd Mustafa.
(d) A Mullah.
12. Where does Ali end up stabbing Nachararyan?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the heart.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the leg.
13. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
(a) It is a free republic.
(b) It is the new capital.
(c) It is part of Persia.
(d) It is conquered by Russia.
14. Why is Ali angry when his father discusses legends with the boatman in Chapter 22?
(a) Legends are dead.
(b) The war is more important.
(c) He is rambling.
(d) Asia has fallen.
15. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
2. What does Iljas Beg arm Ali with after hearing that Nino has been kidnapped?
3. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
4. Why do some Persians believe Persia doesn't need an army?
5. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)