Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
2. What is the purpose of the proposed Empire of Turan?
(a) To unite people of Turkish blood.
(b) To make Islam more peaceful.
(c) To tax Christians.
(d) To help Baku become European.
3. What does Ali call his daughter?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A toy.
(c) An omen.
(d) A beauty.
4. What is written in the marriage contract about Nino's religion?
(a) She will blend it with Islam.
(b) She will keep it.
(c) Nothing is mentioned.
(d) She will give it up.
5. What is the first thing Ali does to Nachararyan after he kidnaps Nino?
(a) Stabs him in the arm.
(b) Disarms him of his gun.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Knocks him off his horse.
6. What does Arslan say will kill him?
(a) His blood feud.
(b) His attempt to become king.
(c) His love of alcohol.
(d) His angry relatives.
7. Who pulls Jahja's tooth?
(a) Ali's uncle.
8. In Shimran, how does Nino eat her rice wrong?
(a) She uses the wrong hand.
(b) She doesn't pray first.
(c) She doesn't eat it at all.
(d) She doesn't use silverware.
9. In Chapter 28, what does Ali worry his diplomatic reception guests will expect from him as a host?
(a) Belly dancers.
(b) Fire breathers.
(c) Eastern myths.
(d) A veiled wife.
10. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
(a) It is a free republic.
(b) It is part of Persia.
(c) It is conquered by Russia.
(d) It is the new capital.
11. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
(b) Safar Khan's.
(d) Iljas Beg's.
12. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
(a) He whips the horse.
(b) He yells at the horse.
(c) He smacks the horse with a dagger.
(d) He bites the horse's neck.
13. What advice does Nino give Mirza about the new Baku?
(a) She tells Mirza how to act with westerners.
(b) She instructs Mirza to not go out in public.
(c) She teaches Mirza how to shake hands.
(d) She explains how Baku is too hostile for Mirza.
14. How does Ali feel when his male guests touch Nino's hands in Chapter 28?
15. Who is Ali named attachÃ© to after Baku is liberated?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The Foreign Minister.
(c) The cabinet.
(d) The army general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nachararyan say he is saving Nino from when he kidnaps her?
2. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
3. Where does Nino want to move instead of Baku after marrying Ali?
4. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
5. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)