|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
(a) Through a busy road.
(b) Through someone's house.
(c) Through a bazaar.
(d) Through a melon field.
2. In Chapter 25, why does Ali mark a map with flags?
(a) To represent the developments of the war.
(b) To show where he has traveled.
(c) To show where he wants to travel.
(d) To represent his friendships.
3. How does the eunuch at the Shimran harem feel about Ali's relationship with Nino?
(a) The eunuch thinks Ali pampers Nino.
(b) The eunuch thinks Ali beats Nino.
(c) The eunuch thinks Ali ignores Nino.
(d) The eunuch things Ali is true to Nino.
4. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
5. Nino says she wants her child to belong to _________.
(a) The arts.
(b) The dessert.
(c) The west.
(d) Ali and Nino.
6. How does the narrator describe the Abreks?
7. In Chapter 28, what does Ali worry his diplomatic reception guests will expect from him as a host?
(a) Belly dancers.
(b) Fire breathers.
(c) Eastern myths.
(d) A veiled wife.
8. How does Nino plan to restore her house in Baku?
(a) She wants to turn it into a farm.
(b) Like a harem.
(c) A blend of east and west.
(d) In a European style.
9. How does Ali's father describe Ali's early childhood years?
10. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
(a) The country will probably be taken over.
(b) The country is on the road for economic failure.
(c) The country is ready for independence.
(d) The country will become the next great empire.
11. How does Arslan describe himself in combat against the Russians?
(d) Under god's supervision.
12. What does Ali call his daughter?
(a) A beauty.
(b) An omen.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A toy.
13. What does Jahja want to do in Chapter 25 after meeting with Ali?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Help Ali move.
(c) Call an exorcist.
(d) Write a novel.
14. After staying in Persia with his uncle, why can't Ali return to war?
(a) Nino won't let him.
(b) He doesn't want to go back to war.
(c) The war is ending.
(d) The roads are blocked.
15. What ritual is performed on the tenth of Moharram?
(a) A ritual of suffering.
(b) A ritual of friendship.
(c) A ritual of love.
(d) A ritual of starvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
2. How does Ali get his horse to run faster when he is chasing after the kidnapped Nino?
3. Who does Arslan say Nino has been partying with?
4. Why can't Nino attend the reception for Safar Khan in Shimran?
5. Who marries Ali and Nino?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)