|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali spend the first few weeks of Tamar's life?
(a) He spends them on vacation.
(b) He spends them caring for Tamar.
(c) He spends them caring for Nino.
(d) He spends them at work.
2. How does Nino feel about Ali beating and cutting himself in the streets?
(a) She says she hates him.
(b) She says she is proud of him.
(c) She says he is stupid.
(d) She says she doesn't understand.
3. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because they never stop.
(b) Because it goes against his religion.
(c) Because it upsets Nino.
(d) Because they are loud.
4. After British troops leave Azerbaijan, who does Ali worry about coming in the country?
5. What criticism does Ali's father give Nino as a wife?
(a) She is unfaithful.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is a bad housekeeper.
(d) She is a bad cook.
6. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
7. Where does Ali end up stabbing Nachararyan?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the stomach.
8. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
(b) Ali's father.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Ali's partner.
9. Where does Ali promise to take Nino on a belated honeymoon?
(a) To the west.
(b) To India.
(c) To the far east.
(d) To England.
10. How does the former British Consul from Persia in Chapter 28 feel about Azerbaijan?
(a) The country will probably be taken over.
(b) The country will become the next great empire.
(c) The country is on the road for economic failure.
(d) The country is ready for independence.
11. Why is Nachararyan able to land the first punch while fighting Ali over kidnapping Nino?
(a) He is a trained boxer.
(b) He moves faster.
(c) Ali wasn't watching.
(d) He has longer arms.
12. How does Ali respond to being transferred to Paris?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is disappointed.
13. How does Ali's father describe Ali's early childhood years?
14. After marrying Ali, how does Nino feel about Baku?
(a) She wants to burn the village.
(b) She wants to move back.
(c) She wants to visit.
(d) She does not want to move back.
15. What does the prince in Chapter 24 think about Persian cucumbers?
(a) They are the best.
(b) They are the largest.
(c) They are fake.
(d) They are the worst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Ali and Nino?
2. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
3. Who is Ali named attaché to after Baku is liberated?
4. What is the first thing Ali does to Nachararyan after he kidnaps Nino?
5. Who tells Ali that Nachararyan has kidnapped Nino?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)