|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
(a) He says Ali should go along with her plans.
(b) He says Nino should ask permission.
(c) He says it's not worth planning anyway.
(d) He says Ali should disagree with her plans.
2. What does Ali do while Nino is in labor?
(a) He takes a vacation.
(b) He eats.
(c) He prays.
(d) He drinks alcohol.
3. What does Arslan say Nino did to her dog?
(a) Gave it away.
(b) Beat it.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Left it in the woods.
4. Who tells Ali that Nachararyan has kidnapped Nino?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(b) Safar Khan.
(c) Seinal Aga.
(d) Nachararyan himself.
5. What does Dim Mehmed Haidar want to build in place of derricks?
(a) A mosque.
(b) A church.
(c) A new city-center.
(d) A garden.
6. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
(a) To honor his dead friends.
(b) To show his faith.
(c) To celebrate his freedom.
(d) To respect his ancestors.
7. Why does Ali try to cover up the drums of Hussein?
(a) Because it goes against his religion.
(b) Because they never stop.
(c) Because they are loud.
(d) Because it upsets Nino.
8. Whose idea is it to travel to Gandsha during the first summer of Azerbaijan's independence?
(c) Iljas Beg's.
(d) Safar Khan's.
9. After marrying Ali, how does Nino feel about Baku?
(a) She wants to burn the village.
(b) She wants to move back.
(c) She wants to visit.
(d) She does not want to move back.
10. In Chapter 16, what decision do the oil princes make at the end of their meeting?
(a) To wait.
(b) To hide half their oil.
(c) To join the war.
(d) To raise their prices.
11. In Chapter 24, what does Ali's uncle say about England?
(a) They will conquer Persia.
(b) They appreciate Persia.
(c) They are too busy to worry about Persia.
(d) They are fools.
12. How does Ali spend the first few weeks of Tamar's life?
(a) He spends them at work.
(b) He spends them caring for Tamar.
(c) He spends them caring for Nino.
(d) He spends them on vacation.
13. What weapon does Ali use to fight the Russians in Chapter 29?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A machine gun.
14. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
(a) Through a melon field.
(b) Through a busy road.
(c) Through a bazaar.
(d) Through someone's house.
15. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
(a) A naked woman.
(b) A cowardly woman.
(c) A foolish woman.
(d) An unholy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Ali and Nino?
2. What does Feth Ali Khan declare about Azerbaijan?
3. What does Ali do to the lizard he catches in Chapter 19?
4. According to Ali's uncle in Chapter 24, what "lightens the world"?
5. Who kills the Nachararyan family?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)