|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Susha located?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a desert.
(c) On a plain.
(d) Near the ocean.
2. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
(a) At a ballroom in Moscow.
(b) At his father's palace.
(c) At his family's country home.
(d) At the university.
3. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
(a) He disagrees with it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is worried about it.
4. Who fights with Russia over Baku?
5. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its food.
(b) Its sports teams.
(c) Its religious houses.
(d) Its university
6. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
7. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To Sweden.
(c) To Armenia.
(d) To England.
8. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(b) A mother of ten.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A woman with only one arm.
9. At the end of Chapter 9, where does Ali ask Nino to go with him?
(a) To a museum.
(b) To war.
(c) To Baku.
(d) To the opera.
10. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
11. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
(a) They find gold.
(b) More weapons are sold.
(c) Oil prices rise.
(d) Poor people are killed.
12. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
13. In traditional Asian courtship, what do boys do when they like a girl?
(a) Ignore their feelings.
(b) Write the girl a note.
(c) Have their family tell the girl's family.
(d) Tell the girl's father how they feel.
14. What subject does Ali struggle in?
15. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can get extra credit.
(b) So he can skip school.
(c) So he can impress him.
(d) So he can prove him wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
2. What do the Kipianis want Ali to wait for before proposing to Nino?
3. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
4. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
5. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)