Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
(a) Invades Turkey.
(b) Makes his son the new commander.
(c) Conceeds some eastern lands.
(d) Negotiates with England.
2. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) An officer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A priest.
3. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To show him good shopping.
(b) To introduce him to family.
(c) To show him its greatness.
(d) To show him its ruin.
4. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) Iraq being denied resources.
(b) Iran being cut in half.
(c) People's nature to fight.
(d) The Armenians as a whole.
5. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To defeat Jews.
(b) To free Muslims.
(c) To confuse Russians.
(d) To enrage Christians.
6. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
(a) They house the gods.
(b) Ali is afraid of them.
(c) Her father harvests them.
(d) She hates them.
7. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of PechapÃ¼r?
8. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(b) The United States.
9. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 20 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 40 years.
10. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her hips.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her faith.
11. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
(a) He is confused about the war.
(b) He is upset over it.
(c) He is excited about it.
(d) He is ignoring all news of the war.
12. In Chapter 8, what does Ali say is the only reason he could go to war?
(a) If his father told him.
(b) If he was forced to by the goverment.
(c) If Nino was in danger.
(d) If his homeland were threatened.
13. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A fool.
(b) An ascetic.
(c) A powerhouse.
(d) A hedonist.
14. Where is Susha located?
(a) Near the ocean.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In a desert.
(d) On a plain.
15. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
2. What is Ali's Koran open to when he comes home from the opera?
3. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
4. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)