|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
(a) To watch them dance.
(b) To challenge them to a game of cards.
(c) To show them a forest.
(d) To offer them gifts.
2. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
(a) Three European countries.
(b) Three great Caucasians.
(c) Muslims, Buddists and Hindus.
(d) Money, power, and influence.
3. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its university
(b) Its religious houses.
(c) Its sports teams.
(d) Its food.
4. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
5. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
6. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
7. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A hedonist.
(b) A fool.
(c) An ascetic.
(d) A powerhouse.
8. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
(a) They find gold.
(b) More weapons are sold.
(c) Poor people are killed.
(d) Oil prices rise.
9. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(b) The United States.
10. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
(a) They are fickle.
(b) They must agree with their husband.
(c) They don't have souls.
(d) They are uneducated.
11. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
12. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Armenia.
(b) To England.
(c) To Sweden.
(d) To Russia.
13. What does the narrator say is wrong with Russian justice?
(a) It is too harsh.
(b) It is non-existant.
(c) It is too mild.
(d) It is too complex.
14. Whom does Ali leave the arrangements of his marriage to Nino up to?
(a) Nino's mother.
(b) Ali's father.
(d) Nino's father.
15. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
(a) He is confused about the war.
(b) He is ignoring all news of the war.
(c) He is upset over it.
(d) He is excited about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
2. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
4. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)