|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
2. Why do people ask Ali if he is off to war in Chapter 7?
(a) He is dressed in formal wear.
(b) His horse is running.
(c) He is a boy.
(d) He speaks out against the war.
3. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) To help Ali marry Nino.
(b) To make connections in Georgia.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) So Nino falls in love with him.
4. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) He could be killed for it.
(c) It should be a last resort.
(d) It is the best idea.
5. How does Ali describe the Passion Play of Holy Hussein?
6. Who fights with Russia over Baku?
7. What subject does Ali struggle in?
8. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
9. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its university
(b) Its sports teams.
(c) Its food.
(d) Its religious houses.
10. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
11. In Chapter 8, what does Ali say is the only reason he could go to war?
(a) If his father told him.
(b) If Nino was in danger.
(c) If he was forced to by the goverment.
(d) If his homeland were threatened.
12. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) After Ramadan.
(b) Before Ramadan.
(c) During Ramadan.
(d) No one knows for sure.
13. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
14. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
(a) To be able to fight honorably in the war.
(b) To be able to ignore the war entirely.
(c) To be able to join the war later.
(d) To be able to write about the war.
15. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
(a) A sore foot.
(b) His father's power.
(c) A kidney disease.
(d) Travel plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
2. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
3. What is Ali's Koran open to when he comes home from the opera?
4. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
5. How does Kotshi feel about war?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)