|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
2. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To free Muslims.
(b) To enrage Christians.
(c) To defeat Jews.
(d) To confuse Russians.
3. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
(a) Reading books.
(b) Not wearing a veil.
(c) Traveling to Russia.
(d) Listening to music.
5. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
(c) St. Petersburg.
6. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
(a) Treating people kindly.
(b) Saving money.
(c) Passing school.
(d) Avoiding politics.
7. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A mother of ten.
(b) A woman with only one arm.
(c) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(d) A young girl.
8. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
(a) He is excited about it.
(b) He is confused about the war.
(c) He is ignoring all news of the war.
(d) He is upset over it.
9. What nationality is Nachararyan?
10. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) Two months.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
11. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
12. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) Iraq being denied resources.
(b) The Armenians as a whole.
(c) People's nature to fight.
(d) Iran being cut in half.
13. At the end of Chapter 9, where does Ali ask Nino to go with him?
(a) To Baku.
(b) To the opera.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To war.
14. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) To make connections in Georgia.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) To help Ali marry Nino.
(d) So Nino falls in love with him.
15. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Susha located?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
3. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
4. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
5. What are the Ashouks known for?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)