|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
(a) To be able to join the war later.
(b) To be able to write about the war.
(c) To be able to fight honorably in the war.
(d) To be able to ignore the war entirely.
2. Who fights with Russia over Baku?
3. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
(a) They are fickle.
(b) They must agree with their husband.
(c) They don't have souls.
(d) They are uneducated.
4. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
6. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) So Nino falls in love with him.
(b) To make connections in Georgia.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) To help Ali marry Nino.
7. What do Russians call Persian singing?
(a) Yelling elephants.
(b) Chicken moaning.
(c) Donkey howling.
(d) Screeching weasels.
8. What does Ali say about the veil when discussing marriage with Nino's father?
(a) He says he renounces it.
(b) He says he supports it.
(c) He says he doesn't care either way.
(d) He says it's none of anyone's business what he thinks.
9. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A writer.
(c) A musician.
(d) An officer.
10. What is the Gate of the Gray Wolf?
(a) A long, white fence.
(b) A pair of rocks.
(c) A wall built out of logs.
(d) An invisible line.
11. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) It is too costly to fight.
(b) Persia likes Europe too much.
(c) It is for the unbelievers.
(d) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
12. Where is Susha located?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a desert.
(c) Near the ocean.
(d) On a plain.
13. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
14. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
(a) The desert.
(b) The sea.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The trees.
15. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
2. What nationality is Nachararyan?
3. Why do people ask Ali if he is off to war in Chapter 7?
4. For whom is Nino named?
5. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)