|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her hips.
2. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
(a) It is the best idea.
(b) He could be killed for it.
(c) It should be a last resort.
(d) It is outdated.
4. What is the Gate of the Gray Wolf?
(a) A long, white fence.
(b) A pair of rocks.
(c) An invisible line.
(d) A wall built out of logs.
5. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
(a) They are completely shut down.
(b) They are stormed by citizens.
(c) They are avoided.
(d) They are bombed.
6. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) He just walks on the train.
(b) He bribes the driver.
(c) His uncle gets it for him.
(d) He tips the conductor.
7. What are the Ashouks known for?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) It is too costly to fight.
(b) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
(c) It is for the unbelievers.
(d) Persia likes Europe too much.
9. What nationality is Nachararyan?
10. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) He is hiding from the war.
(b) His father sends a telegram.
(c) His uncle tells him to go home.
(d) He wants to protect Nino.
11. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
(a) Reading books.
(b) Not wearing a veil.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Traveling to Russia.
12. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
(a) Passing school.
(b) Saving money.
(c) Avoiding politics.
(d) Treating people kindly.
13. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
(a) Finish school.
(b) Reconsider his offer.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Take a vacation.
14. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can impress him.
(b) So he can skip school.
(c) So he can get extra credit.
(d) So he can prove him wrong.
15. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He thinks it is civilized.
(c) He knows he isn't good at it.
(d) He doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
2. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
3. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
4. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)