|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Ali struggle in?
2. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
(a) At a ballroom in Moscow.
(b) At his family's country home.
(c) At his father's palace.
(d) At the university.
3. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) His father sends a telegram.
(b) He is hiding from the war.
(c) He wants to protect Nino.
(d) His uncle tells him to go home.
5. What is Ali's Koran open to when he comes home from the opera?
(a) A cryptic message.
(b) A warning.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A list of rules.
6. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(a) St. Petersburg.
7. What does Nino tell Ali she needs help with at the end of Chapter 12?
8. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
9. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
(a) Nino's father.
10. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
11. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 40 years.
12. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
(a) More weapons are sold.
(b) They find gold.
(c) Poor people are killed.
(d) Oil prices rise.
13. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
(a) To show them a forest.
(b) To offer them gifts.
(c) To watch them dance.
(d) To challenge them to a game of cards.
14. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) It is for the unbelievers.
(b) Persia likes Europe too much.
(c) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
(d) It is too costly to fight.
15. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) Iraq being denied resources.
(b) People's nature to fight.
(c) Iran being cut in half.
(d) The Armenians as a whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
2. What is the Gate of the Gray Wolf?
3. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
4. What does Ali say Nino looks like at Iljas Beg's graduation party?
5. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)