|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
2. What is the Gate of the Gray Wolf?
(a) A pair of rocks.
(b) A long, white fence.
(c) A wall built out of logs.
(d) An invisible line.
3. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A woman with only one arm.
(c) A mother of ten.
(d) An unmarried pregnant woman.
4. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
(a) Travel plans.
(b) A sore foot.
(c) A kidney disease.
(d) His father's power.
5. Whom does Ali leave the arrangements of his marriage to Nino up to?
(b) Ali's father.
(c) Nino's father.
(d) Nino's mother.
6. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can prove him wrong.
(b) So he can skip school.
(c) So he can impress him.
(d) So he can get extra credit.
7. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
8. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
(a) No one knows for sure.
9. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
(a) They are avoided.
(b) They are stormed by citizens.
(c) They are bombed.
(d) They are completely shut down.
10. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Governor's Garden.
(b) Fisher's Field.
(c) Chaplain's Square.
(d) Mayor's Manor.
11. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(c) St. Petersburg.
12. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He shouts it across town.
(b) He buys a new sword.
(c) He writes a letter to Ali.
(d) He is riding his horse.
13. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A writer.
(c) A musician.
(d) An officer.
14. What do the Kipianis want Ali to wait for before proposing to Nino?
(a) For Nino to visit Russia.
(b) For the war to end.
(c) For Nino's uncle to approve.
(d) For Ali to find a job.
15. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) His uncle gets it for him.
(b) He bribes the driver.
(c) He just walks on the train.
(d) He tips the conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
2. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
3. How does Ali describe the nights spent visiting Nino's family in Tiflis?
4. Where does Ali believe the Turks will enter Baku?
5. How does Ali describe the Passion Play of Holy Hussein?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)