|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Armenia.
(b) To Sweden.
(c) To Russia.
(d) To England.
2. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
(a) Her face.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her beliefs.
(d) Her soul.
3. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
(a) Her father harvests them.
(b) Ali is afraid of them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) They house the gods.
4. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
5. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
(a) Torn it apart.
(b) Acted as kind guests.
(c) Ignored their pleas for help.
(d) Made it better.
6. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
(a) He thinks it is civilized.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He knows he isn't good at it.
7. What do the Kipianis want Ali to wait for before proposing to Nino?
(a) For Nino's uncle to approve.
(b) For Nino to visit Russia.
(c) For Ali to find a job.
(d) For the war to end.
8. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) Iraq being denied resources.
(b) The Armenians as a whole.
(c) People's nature to fight.
(d) Iran being cut in half.
9. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
10. Where is Susha located?
(a) On a plain.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In a desert.
(d) Near the ocean.
11. Why do people ask Ali if he is off to war in Chapter 7?
(a) He is dressed in formal wear.
(b) His horse is running.
(c) He is a boy.
(d) He speaks out against the war.
12. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(a) St. Petersburg.
13. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
14. What does Ali say about the veil when discussing marriage with Nino's father?
(a) He says he renounces it.
(b) He says he doesn't care either way.
(c) He says it's none of anyone's business what he thinks.
(d) He says he supports it.
15. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What groups of people live in Susha?
2. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
3. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
4. What subject does Ali struggle in?
5. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)