|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
2. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
(a) Acted as kind guests.
(b) Torn it apart.
(c) Ignored their pleas for help.
(d) Made it better.
3. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) His uncle gets it for him.
(b) He just walks on the train.
(c) He bribes the driver.
(d) He tips the conductor.
4. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her heritage.
(b) Her hips.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her faith.
5. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two months.
(d) A week.
6. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
7. What upsets Ali about Gandsha?
(a) His relative was killed there.
(b) His father was in prison there.
(c) He lost his ring there.
(d) His friend moved there.
8. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
9. In traditional Asian courtship, what do boys do when they like a girl?
(a) Have their family tell the girl's family.
(b) Tell the girl's father how they feel.
(c) Write the girl a note.
(d) Ignore their feelings.
10. What do Russians call Persian singing?
(a) Donkey howling.
(b) Screeching weasels.
(c) Yelling elephants.
(d) Chicken moaning.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Ali say is the only reason he could go to war?
(a) If his homeland were threatened.
(b) If his father told him.
(c) If Nino was in danger.
(d) If he was forced to by the goverment.
12. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A powerhouse.
(b) A fool.
(c) A hedonist.
(d) An ascetic.
13. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To free Muslims.
(b) To defeat Jews.
(c) To confuse Russians.
(d) To enrage Christians.
14. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
(a) After Ali begs him.
(b) After Georgia takes the lead in the war.
(c) After Nino passes her exams.
(d) After Ali proves himself.
15. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Governor's Garden.
(b) Fisher's Field.
(c) Chaplain's Square.
(d) Mayor's Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Ali struggle in?
2. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
3. What groups of people live in Susha?
4. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
5. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)