|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
2. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A mother of ten.
(b) A woman with only one arm.
(c) A young girl.
(d) An unmarried pregnant woman.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
4. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Six days.
5. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To defeat Jews.
(b) To free Muslims.
(c) To confuse Russians.
(d) To enrage Christians.
6. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
7. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He thinks it is civilized.
(c) He knows he isn't good at it.
(d) He doesn't care.
8. What groups of people live in Susha?
(a) Armenian and Muslim.
(b) Jewish and Armenian.
(c) Only Muslims.
(d) Muslim and Jewish.
9. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
10. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
11. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her heritage.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her hips.
(d) Her mind.
12. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
(a) Makes his son the new commander.
(b) Negotiates with England.
(c) Invades Turkey.
(d) Conceeds some eastern lands.
13. What upsets Ali about Gandsha?
(a) His relative was killed there.
(b) His father was in prison there.
(c) He lost his ring there.
(d) His friend moved there.
14. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) He wants to protect Nino.
(b) He is hiding from the war.
(c) His father sends a telegram.
(d) His uncle tells him to go home.
15. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
(a) They don't have souls.
(b) They must agree with their husband.
(c) They are fickle.
(d) They are uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ali describe the nights spent visiting Nino's family in Tiflis?
2. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
3. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
4. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
5. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)