|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Ali hear about Karabagh while waiting for Nino?
(a) About his frugality.
(b) About his excellence.
(c) About his fighting skills.
(d) About his wives.
2. What nationality is Nachararyan?
3. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
(a) The trees.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The sea.
(d) The desert.
4. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
5. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can prove him wrong.
(b) So he can impress him.
(c) So he can skip school.
(d) So he can get extra credit.
6. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
7. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(d) The United States.
8. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To England.
(c) To Armenia.
(d) To Sweden.
9. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A powerhouse.
(b) An ascetic.
(c) A hedonist.
(d) A fool.
10. What groups of people live in Susha?
(a) Armenian and Muslim.
(b) Only Muslims.
(c) Muslim and Jewish.
(d) Jewish and Armenian.
11. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
12. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) During Ramadan.
(b) After Ramadan.
(c) No one knows for sure.
(d) Before Ramadan.
13. Why do people ask Ali if he is off to war in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a boy.
(b) He is dressed in formal wear.
(c) His horse is running.
(d) He speaks out against the war.
14. Where does Ali believe the Turks will enter Baku?
(a) Through the Armenian Quarter.
(b) Through the Russian Quarter.
(c) Through the Jewish Quarter.
(d) Through the English Quarter.
15. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
(a) A sore foot.
(b) Travel plans.
(c) A kidney disease.
(d) His father's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
2. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
4. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)