|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
(a) To hide from his father.
(b) To make money.
(c) To find Nino.
(d) To protect his reputation.
2. In Chapter 13, where does Ali imagine kidnapping Nino to?
3. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
(a) Treating people kindly.
(b) Passing school.
(c) Avoiding politics.
(d) Saving money.
4. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) Two months.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
5. What does Safar Khan tell Ali is wrong with Nino when Ali says he wants to marry her?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her hips.
(d) Her heritage.
6. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) No one knows for sure.
(b) Before Ramadan.
(c) During Ramadan.
(d) After Ramadan.
7. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
8. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her beliefs.
(d) Her soul.
9. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her cousin.
10. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
(a) They are completely shut down.
(b) They are stormed by citizens.
(c) They are avoided.
(d) They are bombed.
11. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) To make connections in Georgia.
(b) So Nino falls in love with him.
(c) To help Ali marry Nino.
(d) Because he is bored.
12. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
(a) They find gold.
(b) Poor people are killed.
(c) More weapons are sold.
(d) Oil prices rise.
13. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
(a) He is ignoring all news of the war.
(b) He is excited about it.
(c) He is confused about the war.
(d) He is upset over it.
14. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
15. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
(a) Torn it apart.
(b) Acted as kind guests.
(c) Ignored their pleas for help.
(d) Made it better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
2. Where is the Russian boys' school?
3. What does Ali say about the veil when discussing marriage with Nino's father?
4. What does Ali say Baku is like?
5. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)