|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Kipianis want Ali to wait for before proposing to Nino?
(a) For Nino's uncle to approve.
(b) For Ali to find a job.
(c) For the war to end.
(d) For Nino to visit Russia.
2. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) She doesn't wear a veil.
(b) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(c) She feels free to talk to him.
(d) She is able to go to school.
3. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A mother of ten.
(c) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(d) A woman with only one arm.
4. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
(a) He is confused about the war.
(b) He is ignoring all news of the war.
(c) He is excited about it.
(d) He is upset over it.
5. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
6. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
7. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
(a) At a ballroom in Moscow.
(b) At his father's palace.
(c) At the university.
(d) At his family's country home.
8. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
(a) To offer them gifts.
(b) To show them a forest.
(c) To challenge them to a game of cards.
(d) To watch them dance.
9. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
10. What subject does Ali struggle in?
11. What does Nino tell Nachararyan the Persians have done to Transcaucasia?
(a) Torn it apart.
(b) Made it better.
(c) Ignored their pleas for help.
(d) Acted as kind guests.
12. How long does Ali visit with Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
13. What does Nino tell Dadiani about trees?
(a) They house the gods.
(b) Her father harvests them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) Ali is afraid of them.
14. What do the Kipianis want Nino to do before marrying Ali?
(a) Reconsider his offer.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Finish school.
15. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He shouts it across town.
(b) He buys a new sword.
(c) He is riding his horse.
(d) He writes a letter to Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susha best known for?
2. Who fights with Russia over Baku?
3. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
4. What stories does Ali hear about Karabagh while waiting for Nino?
5. How does Ali describe the Passion Play of Holy Hussein?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)