|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He disagrees with it.
(d) He is worried about it.
2. In Chapter 1, who challenges the boys to choose between Europe and Asia?
(a) A father.
(b) A professor.
(c) A fellow student.
(d) A principal.
3. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
(a) They are stormed by citizens.
(b) They are avoided.
(c) They are completely shut down.
(d) They are bombed.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Ali fear has corrupted Nino?
(a) Reading books.
(b) Not wearing a veil.
(c) Traveling to Russia.
(d) Listening to music.
5. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
6. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) During Ramadan.
(b) Before Ramadan.
(c) After Ramadan.
(d) No one knows for sure.
7. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
(a) He could be killed for it.
(b) It should be a last resort.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is the best idea.
8. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
(a) A sore foot.
(b) A kidney disease.
(c) Travel plans.
(d) His father's power.
9. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(a) The United States.
10. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
11. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
12. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A mother of ten.
(d) A woman with only one arm.
13. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
14. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To show him its greatness.
(b) To show him its ruin.
(c) To show him good shopping.
(d) To introduce him to family.
15. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) To make connections in Georgia.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) To help Ali marry Nino.
(d) So Nino falls in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
2. Who declares the war that wakes Ali from his dreams of marrying Nino?
3. What subject does Ali struggle in?
4. How does Ali describe the Passion Play of Holy Hussein?
5. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)