|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) To make connections in Georgia.
(c) To help Ali marry Nino.
(d) So Nino falls in love with him.
2. Whom does Ali leave the arrangements of his marriage to Nino up to?
(a) Ali's father.
(b) Nino's mother.
(d) Nino's father.
3. What groups of people live in Susha?
(a) Only Muslims.
(b) Armenian and Muslim.
(c) Jewish and Armenian.
(d) Muslim and Jewish.
4. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A woman with only one arm.
(b) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(c) A mother of ten.
(d) A young girl.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Ali do at the Well of Pechapür?
6. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Five days.
7. What is the Gate of the Gray Wolf?
(a) A pair of rocks.
(b) An invisible line.
(c) A long, white fence.
(d) A wall built out of logs.
8. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its religious houses.
(b) Its sports teams.
(c) Its university
(d) Its food.
9. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her beliefs.
(d) Her soul.
10. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) He just walks on the train.
(b) He bribes the driver.
(c) He tips the conductor.
(d) His uncle gets it for him.
11. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
(a) At a ballroom in Moscow.
(b) At the university.
(c) At his father's palace.
(d) At his family's country home.
12. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
13. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) He could be killed for it.
(c) It should be a last resort.
(d) It is the best idea.
14. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
(a) After Georgia takes the lead in the war.
(b) After Ali proves himself.
(c) After Ali begs him.
(d) After Nino passes her exams.
15. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
(a) He is worried about it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He agrees with it.
(d) He disagrees with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince Dadiani invite Ali and Nino to his castle for the first time?
2. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
3. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
4. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
5. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)