|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
(d) No one knows for sure.
2. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A powerhouse.
(b) A hedonist.
(c) An ascetic.
(d) A fool.
3. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Governor's Garden.
(b) Fisher's Field.
(c) Mayor's Manor.
(d) Chaplain's Square.
4. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
(a) He thinks it is civilized.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He knows he isn't good at it.
(d) He hates it.
5. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He is riding his horse.
(b) He shouts it across town.
(c) He writes a letter to Ali.
(d) He buys a new sword.
6. What is the second wish Ali asks of his father?
(a) To be able to ignore the war entirely.
(b) To be able to join the war later.
(c) To be able to write about the war.
(d) To be able to fight honorably in the war.
7. Why does Nachararyan decide to befriend Nino's father?
(a) So Nino falls in love with him.
(b) To help Ali marry Nino.
(c) To make connections in Georgia.
(d) Because he is bored.
8. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Four days.
9. What nationality is Nachararyan?
10. Why does Seyd say faith doesn't matter for women?
(a) They are fickle.
(b) They must agree with their husband.
(c) They don't have souls.
(d) They are uneducated.
11. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
(a) To hide from his father.
(b) To protect his reputation.
(c) To make money.
(d) To find Nino.
12. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
13. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(c) St. Petersburg.
14. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Armenia.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To England.
(d) To Sweden.
15. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can get extra credit.
(b) So he can impress him.
(c) So he can skip school.
(d) So he can prove him wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali say about the veil when discussing marriage with Nino's father?
2. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
3. What does the narrator say is wrong with Russian justice?
4. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
5. What subject does Ali struggle in?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)