|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) Before Ramadan.
(b) No one knows for sure.
(c) During Ramadan.
(d) After Ramadan.
2. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its university
(b) Its food.
(c) Its sports teams.
(d) Its religious houses.
3. What do Russians call Persian singing?
(a) Donkey howling.
(b) Yelling elephants.
(c) Chicken moaning.
(d) Screeching weasels.
4. Who is rumored to be heading to Tiflis because of the war?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
(b) Persia likes Europe too much.
(c) It is too costly to fight.
(d) It is for the unbelievers.
6. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
7. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
(a) After Nino passes her exams.
(b) After Georgia takes the lead in the war.
(c) After Ali proves himself.
(d) After Ali begs him.
8. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He disagrees with it.
(d) He is worried about it.
9. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Mayor's Manor.
(b) Governor's Garden.
(c) Fisher's Field.
(d) Chaplain's Square.
10. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To free Muslims.
(b) To defeat Jews.
(c) To enrage Christians.
(d) To confuse Russians.
11. Who does Nachararyan say is his cultural enemy?
(c) The United States.
12. Who declares the war that wakes Ali from his dreams of marrying Nino?
(a) China's monarch.
(b) The Queen of England.
(c) The Russian Czar.
(d) A Turkish leader.
13. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
(a) They are bombed.
(b) They are completely shut down.
(c) They are stormed by citizens.
(d) They are avoided.
14. What does Ali say Baku is like?
(a) A shell.
(b) A tree.
(c) A prison.
(d) A nut.
15. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Armenia.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To Sweden.
(d) To England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
2. What stories does Ali hear about Karabagh while waiting for Nino?
3. What nationality is Nachararyan?
4. How does Ali describe the Passion Play of Holy Hussein?
5. What upsets Ali about Gandsha?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)