|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Susha located?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On a plain.
(c) Near the ocean.
(d) In a desert.
2. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
(a) Negotiates with England.
(b) Conceeds some eastern lands.
(c) Invades Turkey.
(d) Makes his son the new commander.
3. In traditional Asian courtship, what do boys do when they like a girl?
(a) Ignore their feelings.
(b) Have their family tell the girl's family.
(c) Write the girl a note.
(d) Tell the girl's father how they feel.
4. How does Nachararyan feel about Ali's desire to marry Nino?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is worried about it.
(c) He agrees with it.
(d) He disagrees with it.
5. Where does Iljas Beg host a graduation party?
(a) At the university.
(b) At a ballroom in Moscow.
(c) At his father's palace.
(d) At his family's country home.
6. When does Nino's father take Ali to Tiflis to meet the family?
(a) After Georgia takes the lead in the war.
(b) After Nino passes her exams.
(c) After Ali proves himself.
(d) After Ali begs him.
7. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
8. How does Iljas Beg feel about the war in Chapter 9?
(a) He is upset over it.
(b) He is confused about the war.
(c) He is ignoring all news of the war.
(d) He is excited about it.
9. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
(a) Governor's Garden.
(b) Chaplain's Square.
(c) Mayor's Manor.
(d) Fisher's Field.
10. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He shouts it across town.
(b) He is riding his horse.
(c) He writes a letter to Ali.
(d) He buys a new sword.
11. For whom is Nino named?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
12. Ali's uncle says that he traveled with the King of Kings for __________________.
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
13. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Sweden.
(b) To Armenia.
(c) To England.
(d) To Russia.
14. How does Ali get a seat on the train in Chapter 8?
(a) His uncle gets it for him.
(b) He tips the conductor.
(c) He bribes the driver.
(d) He just walks on the train.
15. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To show him good shopping.
(b) To show him its ruin.
(c) To show him its greatness.
(d) To introduce him to family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
2. What do Russians call Persian singing?
3. What subject does Ali struggle in?
4. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
5. What does Nachararyan tell Ali about kidnapping Nino?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)