|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Ali to a sulfur bath in Tiflis?
(c) Nino's father.
2. Why does Nino take Ali to a western city in Tiflis?
(a) To show him its greatness.
(b) To introduce him to family.
(c) To show him good shopping.
(d) To show him its ruin.
3. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) After Ramadan.
(b) No one knows for sure.
(c) During Ramadan.
(d) Before Ramadan.
4. What is the Gate of the Gray Wolf?
(a) A pair of rocks.
(b) An invisible line.
(c) A long, white fence.
(d) A wall built out of logs.
5. How does the war cause people to prosper financially?
(a) Poor people are killed.
(b) More weapons are sold.
(c) Oil prices rise.
(d) They find gold.
6. Why does Ali travel to the Kipianis in Chapter 9?
(a) To make money.
(b) To hide from his father.
(c) To protect his reputation.
(d) To find Nino.
7. What does Safar Khan tell Ali he must name his first born?
8. How does Ali describe the nights spent visiting Nino's family in Tiflis?
(a) A test in silence.
(c) A party.
9. What does the Czar do after he fires the commander of the army?
(a) Conceeds some eastern lands.
(b) Makes his son the new commander.
(c) Invades Turkey.
(d) Negotiates with England.
10. How does Nachararyan describe himself to Nino?
(a) A powerhouse.
(b) An ascetic.
(c) A hedonist.
(d) A fool.
11. When Ali visits Seyd Mustafa in Chapter 11, what is Seyd upset about?
(a) Iran being cut in half.
(b) The Armenians as a whole.
(c) Iraq being denied resources.
(d) People's nature to fight.
12. How does Kotshi feel about war?
(a) He is eager to fight.
(b) He thinks it is always a bad idea.
(c) He thinks it costs too much money.
(d) He loves the politics behind war.
13. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) His uncle tells him to go home.
(b) His father sends a telegram.
(c) He is hiding from the war.
(d) He wants to protect Nino.
14. Why do people ask Ali if he is off to war in Chapter 7?
(a) His horse is running.
(b) He is a boy.
(c) He speaks out against the war.
(d) He is dressed in formal wear.
15. In Chapter 7, why does Persia decide to stay out of the war?
(a) It is for the unbelievers.
(b) Persia doesn't hear about the war.
(c) Persia likes Europe too much.
(d) It is too costly to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
2. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
3. What nationality is Nachararyan?
4. Once the war starts, what happens to the train stations?
5. How many wishes does Ali's father grant him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)