|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are bodies buried in Kerbela?
(a) It is nearest to the battle grounds.
(b) It is a holy town.
(c) It is a peaceful place.
(d) It has enough room.
2. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) He is hiding from the war.
(b) His uncle tells him to go home.
(c) His father sends a telegram.
(d) He wants to protect Nino.
3. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its university
(b) Its religious houses.
(c) Its food.
(d) Its sports teams.
4. According to Nino, who tried to frame the monk, David?
(a) A woman with only one arm.
(b) A mother of ten.
(c) An unmarried pregnant woman.
(d) A young girl.
5. Why does Ali decide to beat and cut himself in a crowd of people?
(a) To celebrate his freedom.
(b) To honor his dead friends.
(c) To show his faith.
(d) To respect his ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nino plan to restore her house in Baku?
2. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
3. How does Ali feel about Nino's plans for their house in Baku?
4. Why can't Nino attend the reception for Safar Khan in Shimran?
5. Why does Ali doubt some of the things Arslan tells him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)