|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
2. What is Mehmed Haidar studying to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A musician.
(c) A writer.
(d) An officer.
3. How many witnesses sign Ali and Nino's marriage contract?
4. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) She is able to go to school.
(b) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(c) She feels free to talk to him.
(d) She doesn't wear a veil.
5. In Chapter 1, who challenges the boys to choose between Europe and Asia?
(a) A father.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) A professor.
(d) A principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
2. What does Nachararyan describe as a trinity, while driving to City Club?
3. What does Iljas Beg say Ali represents in his death?
4. What do Ali and Nino have to pass through to get to Shimran?
5. What does the governor of Resht call Nino?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)