|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In traditional Asian courtship, what do boys do when they like a girl?
(a) Have their family tell the girl's family.
(b) Write the girl a note.
(c) Tell the girl's father how they feel.
(d) Ignore their feelings.
2. What groups of people live in Susha?
(a) Muslim and Jewish.
(b) Armenian and Muslim.
(c) Jewish and Armenian.
(d) Only Muslims.
3. How does Kotshi feel about war?
(a) He thinks it is always a bad idea.
(b) He is eager to fight.
(c) He thinks it costs too much money.
(d) He loves the politics behind war.
4. During the war, where do people say Nachararyan transfers his money?
(a) To Sweden.
(b) To England.
(c) To Armenia.
(d) To Russia.
5. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
(a) He wants to protect Nino.
(b) He is hiding from the war.
(c) His uncle tells him to go home.
(d) His father sends a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tiflis, Nino asks Ali if he loves ___________.
2. What nationality is Nachararyan?
3. Who declares the war that wakes Ali from his dreams of marrying Nino?
4. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
5. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)