|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ali's Koran open to when he comes home from the opera?
(a) A cryptic message.
(b) A warning.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A list of rules.
2. Why does the The Ottoman Empire declare a Holy War?
(a) To confuse Russians.
(b) To defeat Jews.
(c) To free Muslims.
(d) To enrage Christians.
3. What does Ali say Baku is like?
(a) A nut.
(b) A prison.
(c) A shell.
(d) A tree.
4. In traditional Asian courtship, what do boys do when they like a girl?
(a) Tell the girl's father how they feel.
(b) Have their family tell the girl's family.
(c) Write the girl a note.
(d) Ignore their feelings.
5. How many wishes does Ali's father grant him in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Susha located?
2. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
3. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
4. What do Russians call Persian singing?
5. What does Nachararyan say keeps him from serving in the army?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)