|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali say Baku is like?
(a) A tree.
(b) A nut.
(c) A prison.
(d) A shell.
2. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(b) She doesn't wear a veil.
(c) She is able to go to school.
(d) She feels free to talk to him.
3. What color is the "Horse of Karabagh"?
4. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
(a) No one knows for sure.
5. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Russians call Persian singing?
2. What subject does Ali struggle in?
3. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
4. What groups of people live in Susha?
5. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)