|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kotshi feel about war?
(a) He loves the politics behind war.
(b) He thinks it costs too much money.
(c) He thinks it is always a bad idea.
(d) He is eager to fight.
2. What subject does Ali struggle in?
3. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
4. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
(a) Before Ramadan.
(b) During Ramadan.
(c) No one knows for sure.
(d) After Ramadan.
5. What does Ali's father lecture him on in Chapter 3?
(a) Passing school.
(b) Avoiding politics.
(c) Saving money.
(d) Treating people kindly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who challenges the boys to choose between Europe and Asia?
2. What do Russians call Persian singing?
3. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
4. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
5. Where does Ali meet Nino after being lectured by his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)