|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ali describe his kiss with Nino in Chapter 3?
2. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He buys a new sword.
(b) He is riding his horse.
(c) He shouts it across town.
(d) He writes a letter to Ali.
3. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can impress him.
(b) So he can prove him wrong.
(c) So he can get extra credit.
(d) So he can skip school.
5. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) She is able to go to school.
(b) She feels free to talk to him.
(c) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(d) She doesn't wear a veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali say Nino looks like at Iljas Beg's graduation party?
2. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
3. How many descendants of the "Horse of Karabagh" are living?
4. What subject does Ali struggle in?
5. When did the Prophet Elias appoint the Ashouks?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)