|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali switch with Iljas Beg before he dances with Nino?
2. How long does Ali wait in Shusha for Nino before hearing tales about Karabagh?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
3. What does Ali say Baku is like?
(a) A nut.
(b) A tree.
(c) A shell.
(d) A prison.
4. Why does Ali tell his teacher about Leprosarium?
(a) So he can impress him.
(b) So he can skip school.
(c) So he can prove him wrong.
(d) So he can get extra credit.
5. How does Ali know Count Nelikov is off to war?
(a) He shouts it across town.
(b) He buys a new sword.
(c) He writes a letter to Ali.
(d) He is riding his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kotshi feel about war?
2. After disappointing many people with his feelings about the war, what does Ali look to for inspiration?
3. Why does Ali go home in Chapter 7?
4. How many Ashouks does the narrator say are left?
5. What do Russians call Persian singing?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)