1. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. In Chapter 1, who challenges the boys to choose between Europe and Asia?
(a) A professor.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) A father.
(d) A principal.
3. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
4. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
5. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) She feels free to talk to him.
(b) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(c) She is able to go to school.
(d) She doesn't wear a veil.
6. Why does Ali's uncle visit from Iran?
(a) To trade his goods.
(b) To attend school.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To get medical treatment.
7. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
(c) St. Petersburg.
8. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
(a) He knows he isn't good at it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He thinks it is civilized.
This section contains 4,211 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)