1. Where is the Russian boys' school?
(c) St. Petersburg.
2. In Chapter 1, who challenges the boys to choose between Europe and Asia?
(a) A principal.
(b) A professor.
(c) A fellow student.
(d) A father.
3. How does Ali describe his house in Chapter 1?
4. Where is Nino Kipiani originally from?
5. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
(a) Ali is actually worried about Europe's influence on Nino.
(b) She doesn't wear a veil.
(c) She feels free to talk to him.
(d) She is able to go to school.
6. Why does Ali's uncle visit from Iran?
(a) To get medical treatment.
(b) To trade his goods.
(c) To attend school.
(d) To ask for money.
7. In Chapter 1, where does Ali say he plans to study?
(a) St. Petersburg.
8. How does Ali say he feels about using cutlery?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He thinks it is civilized.
(d) He knows he isn't good at it.
This section contains 4,211 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)