Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-3 Abstract
* Ali attends a school in Baku.
* Ali's culture is torn between Europe and Asia.
* Ali likes Nino and plans on marrying her.
* Ali struggles in history because he disagrees with his teacher.
* Ali decides to go to Shusha for the summer.
Chapters 4-6 Abstract
* Iljas Beg has a graduation party.
* Ali goes to...
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)