|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The document included after the will gives what to Aethelhelm?
2. Where did the story of King Alfred's rule come from?
3. What aspect of the document included after the will is particularly interesting?
4. Whom did the Vikings fight in 890?
5. What aspect of his money did Alfred believe God would reward?
Essay Topic 1
What is writing style? Why is it important? Identify style elements Asser used in his Life of King Alfred.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reputation that developed about King Alfred in the years after his death.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast fiction and non-fiction. Is Alfred the Great fiction or non-fiction? How do you know?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)