|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the document included after the will give something to Aethelhelm?
2. Asser employed a translation of the annals from 851 to ______ to compose his book.
3. The document included after the will gives what to Aethelhelm?
4. How many years did Alfred the Great rule?
5. Where did the fourth portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why it was important for Asser to include King Alfred's lineage in his biography, particularly on his father's side.
Essay Topic 2
What was important to King Alfred? Explain his priorities in both his personal life and as a king. Support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
What are appendices? What are the purposes of the appendices in Alfred the Great? What do they add to the book? How would the book be different if they were not there?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)