Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
2. Why could the Vikings not remain where they went in 894?
3. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
4. What is the next document?
5. What aspect of the document included after the will is particularly interesting?
Essay Topic 1
Explain King Alfred's law-code. What did his law-code reveal about him as a ruler and as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Asser and King Alfred during and after Alfred's life.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the alliances that Alfred developed with other kingdoms in order to defend against the Vikings. Why did so many kingdoms swear oaths to King Alfred?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)