|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
2. Why could the Vikings not remain where they went in 894?
3. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
4. What is the next document?
5. What aspect of the document included after the will is particularly interesting?
Essay Topic 1
How did Alfred's people receive him as a ruler? What evidence supports this?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Alfred's goal in translating works into English. What works did he choose? Why did he choose these specific works?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Asser and King Alfred during and after Alfred's life.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)