Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
2. Why could the Vikings not remain where they went in 894?
3. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
4. What is the next document?
5. What aspect of the document included after the will is particularly interesting?
Compare and contrast fiction and non-fiction. Is Alfred the Great fiction or non-fiction? How do you know?
Describe the Alfred Jewel. What is known about it? What is not known about it? Why is information about the Alfred Jewel included in Alfred the Great?
Explain the alliances that Alfred developed with other kingdoms in order to defend against the Vikings. Why did so many kingdoms swear oaths to King Alfred?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)