|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What positive aspects of Alfred the Great's reign did Asser discuss?
2. What was the second work translated?
3. Who told Alfred to have works recorded and translated?
4. What did Alfred focus on the care of?
5. Those who disobeyed Alfred were often ______.
Essay Topic 1
Explain King Alfred's law-code. What did his law-code reveal about him as a ruler and as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast fiction and non-fiction. Is Alfred the Great fiction or non-fiction? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Alfred the Great's mysterious illness. How did it affect his life? How did it affect his reign? How was it treated? How was he cured?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)