Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
2. Why could the Vikings not remain where they went in 894?
3. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
4. What is the next document?
5. What aspect of the document included after the will is particularly interesting?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of faith/religion in King Alfred's life.
Essay Topic 2
Explain King Alfred's law-code. What did his law-code reveal about him as a ruler and as a person?
Essay Topic 3
Explain who Asser was, and what authority he had to write a biography of King Alfred. Explain how he wrote the biography, including its publication and distribution.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)