|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Alfred's candles burned?
2. What is included in Chapter IV that is from the Bible?
3. What was the first work that Alfred the Great had translated for himself?
4. What bishop translated a work by Pope Gregory for King Alfred?
5. The second part of the code is from whom?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the alliances that Alfred developed with other kingdoms in order to defend against the Vikings. Why did so many kingdoms swear oaths to King Alfred?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the Vikings? Explain their significance during King Alfred's life and reign.
Essay Topic 3
Explain King Alfred's law-code. What did his law-code reveal about him as a ruler and as a person?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)