Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
2. Why could the Vikings not remain where they went in 894?
3. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
4. What is the next document?
5. What aspect of the document included after the will is particularly interesting?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast primary documents and secondary documents as they are used in historical research. Which of the resources used in Alfred the Great are primary? Which are secondary?
Essay Topic 2
What are appendices? What are the purposes of the appendices in Alfred the Great? What do they add to the book? How would the book be different if they were not there?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of education in Alfred's life and reign.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)