Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of king was Alfred the Great, according to Asser?
2. What relationship did Alfred have with the king who died in 890?
3. What positive aspects of Alfred the Great's reign did Asser discuss?
4. How does Alfred divide the laws the he himself did not write?
5. How many couriers did Alfred the Great send out in 889?
What are appendices? What are the purposes of the appendices in Alfred the Great? What do they add to the book? How would the book be different if they were not there?
Explain King Alfred's law-code. What did his law-code reveal about him as a ruler and as a person?
Describe the Alfred Jewel. What is known about it? What is not known about it? Why is information about the Alfred Jewel included in Alfred the Great?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)