|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though Alfred grew in prominence, he was still plagued by what?
(a) Fear of the unknown future.
(b) Assassination attempts.
(c) Attacks by foreign peoples.
(d) Severe depression.
2. When was the next document produced?
(b) The exact date is not known.
3. How many years did Alfred the Great rule?
4. Where did the third portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
(a) His monasteries.
(b) Neighboring monasteries.
(c) The poor.
(d) The school.
5. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
(a) Spiritual enlightenment.
(c) The books it once contained.
(d) Religious culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the first portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
2. What is included in Chapter IV that is from the Bible?
3. Where did the second part of Alfred's money go?
4. What aspect of his money did Alfred believe God would reward?
5. The next document is between Alfred the Great and ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Alfred die? How long did he rule?
2. Explain the role that faith played in Alfred's life.
3. What is the significance of Pope Gregory's Pastoral Care to King Alfred? What is its focus?
4. What two major challenges did Alfred face during his reign?
5. How were people who were disobedient to Alfred handled?
6. What is the final document in King Alfred the Great?
7. What did Alfred promise to God's service?
8. Why was Alfred so careful about his financial affairs?
9. What is a charter in Anglo-Saxon terms? How many survive from the Anglo-Saxon period?
10. What did Alfred do with the second part of his money?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)