|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Vikings travel in 894?
2. Who wrote the psalms?
3. Many psalms express outrage with the author's enemies and pleas to God for ______.
4. Why did Alfred chose the work he did to be the first to be translated for himself?
(a) It was a childhood favorite.
(b) It focused on the traits needed for men in government.
(c) It was a gift from his father.
(d) It was recommended to him by Asser.
5. When Alfred received revenues, he apportioned much of it to ______ affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the second portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
2. How many candles did Alfred have made?
3. What kind of king was Alfred the Great, according to Asser?
4. Where did the second part of Alfred's money go?
5. Those who disobeyed Alfred were often ______.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)