|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the second portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
(a) Neighboring monasteries.
(b) The poor.
(c) The school.
(d) His monasteries.
2. The second work translated was a dialogue between Boethius and ______.
(a) <i>Lady Philosophy.</i>
(b) <i>The Virgin Mary.</i>
(c) <i>Dr. Freud.</i>
(d) <i>The Earl of Wessex.</i>
3. How many Viking armies did the Northumbrians and East Angles fight?
4. Who sent a letter to Alfred around 886?
(a) Pope Manius.
5. What is the next document?
(a) A letter.
(b) A debate.
(c) A treaty.
(d) A transcription from a conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alfred the Great want to restore to England?
2. How many candles did Alfred have made?
3. Though Alfred grew in prominence, he was still plagued by what?
4. What aspect of his money did Alfred believe God would reward?
5. Where were the couriers sent in 889?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)