|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefit did the translations have for Alfred the Great?
(a) Interpersonal communication skills.
(b) Spiritual consolation.
(c) Personal edification.
2. Who wrote the first work that Alfred had translated for himself?
(a) Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Pope Leo.
(c) St. Francis of Assisi.
(d) Pope Gregory.
3. Why was the letter sent to Alfred around 886?
(a) As a thank you for a gift.
(b) To touch base.
(c) In response to a request from Alfred.
(d) As a request for sanctuary.
4. How many structures did Alfred the Great build?
5. Alfred the Great promised ______ of his mental and bodily effort to God's service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sub-chapters are in the code?
2. What was the second work translated?
3. Chapter II translates the annals that cover Alfred's life that pick up from ______?
4. Why did Alfred alter passages in the second work translated?
5. What document is included after the will?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)