|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined forces with the Saxons in 891 to fight the Vikings?
(a) Alfred and the Welsh.
(b) The Franks and Bavarians.
(c) The Franks and Celts.
(d) The Celts and Bavarians.
2. What positive aspects of Alfred the Great's reign did Asser discuss?
(a) His parties.
(b) His accomplishments.
(c) His hobbies.
(d) His family.
3. Where did the first portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
(a) His monasteries.
(b) The poor.
(c) The school.
(d) Neighboring monasteries.
4. Why was the letter sent to Alfred around 886?
(a) In response to a request from Alfred.
(b) As a request for sanctuary.
(c) To touch base.
(d) As a thank you for a gift.
5. The next document is between Alfred the Great and ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sub-chapters are in the code?
2. In what year did the document included after the will give something to Aethelhelm?
3. What document is included after the will?
4. When was the next document produced?
5. The Vikings split up into roving ______.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)