|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second work translated was a dialogue between Boethius and ______.
(a) <i>Dr. Freud.</i>
(b) <i>The Virgin Mary.</i>
(c) <i>The Earl of Wessex.</i>
(d) <i>Lady Philosophy.</i>
2. The document included after the will gives what to Aethelhelm?
(a) An estate.
(b) A neighboring kingdom.
(c) A wife.
(d) A portion of the kingdom.
3. The next document is between Alfred the Great and ______.
4. Those who disobeyed Alfred were often ______.
5. Who wrote the psalms?
6. What document is included after the will?
(a) Another will.
(b) A list of King Alfred's properties.
(c) A charter.
(d) A treaty.
7. What positive aspects of Alfred the Great's reign did Asser discuss?
(a) His family.
(b) His accomplishments.
(c) His parties.
(d) His hobbies.
8. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
9. How many Viking armies did the Northumbrians and East Angles fight?
10. Many psalms express outrage with the author's enemies and pleas to God for ______.
11. How many candles did Alfred have made?
12. What was the second work translated?
(a) <i>Understanding of Psychology.</i>
(b) <i>Consolation of Philosophy.</i>
(c) <i>Explanation of Nobility.</i>
(d) <i>Discourse on Faith.</i>
13. What benefit did the translations have for Alfred the Great?
(b) Spiritual consolation.
(c) Personal edification.
(d) Interpersonal communication skills.
14. What is addressed in the will?
(a) Private property.
(b) Care of family members.
(c) Instructions for funeral.
15. What was the first work that Alfred the Great had translated for himself?
(a) <i>Pastoral Care</i>.
(b) <i>The Catholic Catechism.</i>
(c) <i>On Prayer.</i>
(d) <i>Dialogues on Faith.</i>
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the first work that Alfred had translated for himself?
2. When was the next document produced?
3. What relationship did Alfred have with the king who died in 890?
4. How many couriers did Alfred the Great send out in 889?
5. Where did the Vikings travel in 894?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)