|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the king who died in 890?
2. Why did Alfred alter passages in the second work translated?
(a) To create a better picture of the history of England.
(b) To generate an explicitly Christian message in it.
(c) To protect the nobility from sharing their secrets.
(d) To simply its explanations for the common man.
3. How many sub-chapters are in the code?
4. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
5. What benefit did the translations have for Alfred the Great?
(a) Interpersonal communication skills.
(c) Spiritual consolation.
(d) Personal edification.
6. In what year did the document included after the will give something to Aethelhelm?
(d) Upon Alfred's death.
7. The next document is between Alfred the Great and ______.
8. What did Alfred contribute to the translation of Pope Gregory's work?
(a) A letter to readers.
(b) A dedication.
(c) An introduction.
(d) An addendum.
9. What was the first work that Alfred the Great had translated for himself?
(a) Pastoral Care.
(b) On Prayer.
(c) The Catholic Catechism.
(d) Dialogues on Faith.
10. Who joined forces with the Saxons in 891 to fight the Vikings?
(a) The Celts and Bavarians.
(b) The Franks and Celts.
(c) The Franks and Bavarians.
(d) Alfred and the Welsh.
11. Those who disobeyed Alfred were often ______.
12. The second part of the code is from whom?
13. How many couriers did Alfred the Great send out in 889?
14. What structures did Alfred build during his reign?
15. Where did the first portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
(a) His monasteries.
(b) The poor.
(c) The school.
(d) Neighboring monasteries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the second part of Alfred's money go?
2. When was the next document produced?
3. What kind of king was Alfred the Great, according to Asser?
4. Where did the second portion of the second part of Alfred's money go?
5. Why was the letter sent to Alfred around 886?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)