|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 33 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county was protected against invaders during the reign of Alfred the Great?
2. What kind of phraseology does Asser use in his book?
(b) Overly formal.
3. What was the condition of peace made with the Vikings?
(a) That the Vikings would invade the Goths.
(b) That the Vikings would disband their army.
(c) That the Vikings would leave.
(d) That the Vikings would become allies.
4. How many ships did the Vikings bring to England?
(a) More than 400.
5. What kingdom was Asser from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Asser write his Life of King Alfred?
2. When was Alfred the Great born?
3. Whom did Alfred the Great visit while passing through Carolingian France?
4. Where was Alfred the Great sent in 853?
5. Asser traces Alfred's lineage all the back to whom?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)