|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 33 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his capture, what was the relationship between Alfred the Great and the king of the Vikings?
(a) They remained friends.
(b) He was Alfred's adoptive son.
(c) There was no relationship; the king of the Vikings was dead.
(d) They continued to be enemies.
2. What illness did Alfred the Great have when he came into power?
(a) It was an unknown illness.
(b) Makola disease.
(d) Severe depression and anxiety.
3. Who of the following did NOT share the title "the Great" with Alfred?
4. At what estate was Alfred the Great born?
5. Where did the Vikings go in 873?
(a) To the Northumbrians.
(b) To the Celts.
(c) Back to their homeland.
(d) To the Scots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of phraseology does Asser use in his book?
2. How did Asser meet Alfred the Great?
3. Where did the Vikings go in 872?
4. Where were the Vikings in 855?
5. Who made peace with the Vikings after Aethelred died?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)