|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 33 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Viking ships did Aethelstan capture?
(c) None; they were all burned to ashes.
2. One historian theorized that Life of King Alfred was written by whom?
(a) Alfred's sister.
(b) Alfred himself.
(c) A university professor.
(d) A forger.
3. How long did Asser probably stay with Alfred?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Eight months.
(d) A year.
4. Who of the following did NOT share the title "the Great" with Alfred?
5. What book served as a style guide for Asser's book?
(a) Atkinson's Gift of Stories.
(b) Seagrave's Dragon Lady.
(c) Tuchman's A Distant Mirror.
(d) Einhard's Life of Charlemagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Inglid's brother?
2. Where did Alfred have something built in 878?
3. Where was Asser before he met Alfred?
4. Asser probably divided his time between Alfred's kingdom and ______.
5. Asser traces Alfred's lineage all the back to whom?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)