|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Miscellaneous Sources for the Reign of King Alfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the king who died in 890?
2. What is the name of the relative of Alfred's that died in 888?
3. One historian theorized that Life of King Alfred was written by whom?
(a) A forger.
(b) Alfred's sister.
(c) A university professor.
(d) Alfred himself.
4. What did Asser later become?
(a) A university dean.
(b) A royal court attendant.
(c) A literary publisher.
(d) A bishop.
5. Who was pope when Alfred was sent to Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Asser read aloud to Alfred the Great?
2. What was the second work translated?
3. Who was rebelled against just after Alfred died?
4. Where did the Vikings spend the winter?
5. Who were invading England during the reign of Alfred the Great?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)