|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 1 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alfred the Great sent in 853?
2. How long did Asser probably stay with Alfred?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight months.
3. Who fought against the Vikings at Kent?
4. What time period is not recorded in Asser's book?
(a) The 880s.
(b) The 870s.
(c) The 860s.
(d) The 890s.
5. In what year did an army invade England, taking a variety of smaller kingdoms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were invading England during the reign of Alfred the Great?
2. What was nearly destroyed by the Vikings?
3. Asser probably divided his time between Alfred's kingdom and ______.
4. When did Alfred the Great rule?
5. Where did the Vikings fight the king of the Saxons, Aethelwulf and his son Aethelbald for a long time?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)