|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 1 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asser probably divided his time between Alfred's kingdom and ______.
(c) St. David's.
(d) St. Augustine's.
2. What did the pope do to Alfred?
(a) Anointed him as king.
(b) Ex-communicate him.
(c) Ordained him as a priest.
(d) Blessed his military activities.
3. How many ships did the Vikings bring to England?
(d) More than 400.
4. What is the origin of Asser's name?
5. Who was Inglid's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Aethewulf order his wife to do when he and Alfred returned to the kingdom?
2. What annals were put together during and following Alfred's reign?
3. What book served as a style guide for Asser's book?
4. Where did the Vikings fight the king of the Saxons, Aethelwulf and his son Aethelbald for a long time?
5. Where did Alfred the Great fall among his siblings?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)