|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 91 - 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fought against the Vikings at Kent?
2. Where did Alfred have something built in 878?
3. Where did Alfred the Great fall among his siblings?
(b) The third child.
(c) The middle child.
4. What structures did Alfred build during his reign?
5. One historian theorized that Life of King Alfred was written by whom?
(a) Alfred's sister.
(b) Alfred himself.
(c) A forger.
(d) A university professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relationship between Pope Marinus and Alfred the Great?
2. Asser aided negotiations between Alfred the Great and ______.
3. Which of the following does Asser NOT discuss about Alfred's reign?
4. How was the kingdom split between father and son?
5. With whom did the Vikings make peace in 872?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)