|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 91 - 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is listed in paragraph two?
(a) Alfred's mother's family.
(b) Alfred's childhood.
(c) Alfred's birth.
(d) Alfred's siblings.
2. Where did the second part of Alfred's money go?
(a) Straight to God.
(b) Straight to the people.
(c) Straight to the military.
(d) Straight to his family.
3. Who was Alfred the Great's father?
4. What new wife did Aethewulf bring from Rome?
5. What illness did Alfred the Great have when he came into power?
(a) Makola disease.
(b) It was an unknown illness.
(d) Severe depression and anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Alfred the Great visit while passing through Carolingian France?
2. Who took over when King Aethelred died?
3. How long did Asser probably stay with Alfred?
4. Who was Inglid's brother?
5. When did Asser write his Life of King Alfred?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)