|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Asser's Life of King Alfred, Paragraphs 91 - 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of his money did Alfred believe God would reward?
(a) Saving for an inheritance.
(b) Giving to charity.
(d) Spending it for his subjects.
2. Who was Inglid's brother?
3. What audience did Asser have in mind when he wrote his book?
(a) Other kings.
(b) Welsh people.
(c) English people.
(d) Alfred's family.
4. With whom did the Vikings make peace in 872?
(a) The Mercians.
(b) The Angles.
(c) The Saxons.
(d) The Northumbrians.
5. After his capture, what was the relationship between Alfred the Great and the king of the Vikings?
(a) He was Alfred's adoptive son.
(b) There was no relationship; the king of the Vikings was dead.
(c) They continued to be enemies.
(d) They remained friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alfred the Great fall among his siblings?
2. When did the Vikings leave East Anglia?
3. Where did the Vikings spend the winter?
4. What structures did Alfred build during his reign?
5. Whom did Alfred the Great visit while passing through Carolingian France?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)