|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Fighting Macedons.
(b) The Foot Companions.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) Ground Quake.
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Memnon of Rhodes.
(c) Xerxes I.
4. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
(a) They believed Alexander was going to make another push for the Indian Ocean.
(b) They believed Alexander was going to abandon them by establishing a capital in Macedonia.
(c) They believed Alexander was a god who was angry with them.
(d) They believed Alexander was going to establish a capital in Persia rather than Macedonia.
5. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
(a) Alexander had to subdue revolts in the southern satrapies.
(b) Alexander had to seek out an oracle for divine advice.
(c) Alexander had to travel back to Ionia to quell a rebellion.
(d) Alexander fell ill, and stopped to recover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
4. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
5. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)