|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(b) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(c) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(d) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Hedonistic view on life.
(b) Analytical mind.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
4. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
5. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(d) Animal handlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
3. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
4. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
5. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)