|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Shields for the front line.
(b) A slanted infantry line.
(c) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(d) Ranged combat with archers.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Assyrians.
4. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
5. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
2. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
3. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Mieza was known for what export?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)