Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Short sword.
(b) Double-bladed axe.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(b) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(c) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Mountain warfare.
(b) Naval warfare.
(c) Desert warfare.
(d) Amphibious warfare.
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(b) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(c) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(d) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
3. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
4. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
5. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)