Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Analytical mind.
(d) Scientific curiosity.
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Warlike and imperial.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Peaceful and powerful.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
4. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
(b) A great heat wave.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
5. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
(a) He went around the city, avoiding it.
(b) He was accepted peacefully, and there was no bloodshed or plundering.
(c) He allowed his army to sack the city and kill all males.
(d) He left the city to his generals, who failed to capture it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
3. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
4. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
5. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)