|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Nineteen thousand.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Only a handful.
(d) One Hundred.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) The two were very close.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) She envied and hated Alexander.
(d) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A battle.
(c) A peace negotiation.
(d) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)