Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
(d) Analytical mind.
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) The two were very close.
(c) She envied and hated Alexander.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
4. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
5. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
4. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)