|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 480 BC.
(b) 335 BC.
(c) 320 BC.
(d) 128 AD.
2. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(b) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(c) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Memnon of Rhodes.
(d) Xerxes I.
4. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) Through the Khyber Pass.
(b) To Arabia.
(c) Back to Macedonia.
(d) North to Russia.
5. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
2. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)