|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Fourteen, some of Einstein's colleagues ask him to set up a meeting with ________ to discuss their work on the atom bomb.
2. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
3. Bertrand Russell comments that "Everybody knows that Einstein does something astonishing...".
4. Toward the end of Chapter Thirteen, what happens to Elsa Einstein?
5. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
Essay Topic 1
How does Einstein feel about his legacy as a scientist? Given all that comes from his work, is he pleased with his contribution to the world or dismayed by it? Use material from the book and knowledge of his character to support either assertion and discuss in detail Einstein's feelings about the modern applications of his theory.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of woman is Mileva Maritsch? Does the author present her fairly? Compare and contrast the author's portrait of Mileva with your own research. In what ways are the accounts of her similar, and in what ways do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Einstein's changing relationship with his religion, from his attitude toward it as a child through young adulthood and finally to old age. In what ways does religion influence him through his life, if at all? How does he reconcile faith with science?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)