|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
2. As the Einsteins prepare to return to California in 1932, Dr. Einstein tells his wife to take a long look at their house. Why?
3. In Chapter Fourteen, some of Einstein's colleagues ask him to set up a meeting with ________ to discuss their work on the atom bomb.
4. Toward the end of Chapter Thirteen, what happens to Elsa Einstein?
5. Einstein decides in Chapter Twelve that he sends a letter of resignation to the Academy at Berlin. What is the response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Einstein feel about his legacy as a scientist? Given all that comes from his work, is he pleased with his contribution to the world or dismayed by it? Use material from the book and knowledge of his character to support either assertion and discuss in detail Einstein's feelings about the modern applications of his theory.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the different schools Einstein attends and discuss why those schools are helpful or harmful to Einstein as he matures. What effect do the various types of instruction have on his personality and on his teaching career later in life?
Essay Topic 3
Given the effects of his work, is Einstein a hero or a villain? Support either assertion with examples of people with similar strengths or weaknesses.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)