Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area does Mrs. Einstein excel?
2. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
3. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
4. Who comes to live with Einstein early in Chapter Fourteen?
5. To which country do the Einsteins move after leaving America?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Einstein's relationship with Germany from his early days as a professor to his final days in America. How does the relationship change? How do the attitudes of the common people change? Is Einstein responsible in any way for his status, or is he purely a victim of circumstance?
Essay Topic 2
Albert Einstein is a problem student. Is he too lazy to learn, or does his school system fail him? Use supporting material from the text and discuss in detail the challenge of teaching Einstein. What other great scholars or artists are difficult students?
Essay Topic 3
Imagine parenting Albert Einstein as a young child. Do his parents do a good job with him, or are they so far off the mark in understanding him that they parent badly? In what ways could they do things differently, or make greater efforts to understand him more completely? Be sure to use supporting material from the text.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)