|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
3. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
5. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
2. Why is Einstein asked not to return to the Luitpold Gymnasium?
3. Describe young Albert Einstein's feelings about school.
4. Why does the author specifically mention that Einstein answers the strange boy on the porch in German?
5. The author states that relativity is not new, and she uses a train as an example. Explain this example. Why does the author use this example?
6. Describe Mileva Maritsch's frustrations with her marriage to Einstein. Is it Einstein with whom she is displeased, or something else?
7. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
8. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
9. According to the author, why does young Einstein not fit in at his school?
10. Why is young Einstein disgusted with his music teacher? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Science is a constantly changing field, as new scientists expand and improve the work of those who come before them. Discuss at least three other scientific advances besides the atom bomb that Einstein's theory enables and the scientists who buils on his work.
Essay Topic 2
What impact does Einstein's theory have in areas other than science? What philosophers use his work, and for what purposes?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of woman is Mileva Maritsch? Does the author present her fairly? Compare and contrast the author's portrait of Mileva with your own research. In what ways are the accounts of her similar, and in what ways do they differ?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)