|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Einstein die?
2. Besides the honor of the award in Chapter Ten, Einstein also receives what?
(a) Forty thousand dollars.
(b) International acclaim.
(c) New professorship.
(d) Research grant.
3. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
(b) It makes religion more important.
(c) It makes religion irrelevant.
(d) It destroys religion completely.
4. Toward the end of Chapter Thirteen, what happens to Elsa Einstein?
(a) She is robbed while walking to the store.
(b) She decides to divorce her husband.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) She becomes very depressed.
5. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
(b) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
(c) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
(d) He doesn't like the University.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
2. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
3. In Hitler's eyes, Einstein is guilty because he is all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
5. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)