|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, Einstein finally resumes his research on what?
(a) Photoelectric effect.
(b) Thermodynamic fluctuation.
(d) Gravitational fields.
2. How long does it take Einstein to become a US citizen?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
3. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
(a) They are only interesting in the smaller countries.
(b) They are only interested in making money.
(c) They are only interested in helping the powerful members.
(d) They are only interested in stopping Communism.
4. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
5. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
(b) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
(c) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(d) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hitler turns on the Jews first because he is not yet ready for war. He intends to wage war on all BUT WHICH of the following countries?
2. Why does Einstein agree to write to the President to discuss the atomic bomb?
3. Bertrand Russell comments that "Everybody knows that Einstein does something astonishing...".
4. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
5. After Einstein's meeting with the German consul, one of the staff says what about Einstein's decision not to return to Germany?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)