|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) He doesn't like the University.
(b) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
(c) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
(d) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
2. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Mayor Walker.
(b) Dr. Butler.
(c) John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
(d) President Taft.
3. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
(b) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
4. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
(a) The G20.
(b) The Security Council.
(c) The League of Nations.
(d) The United Nations.
5. Mrs. Einstein is frightened and alarmed when she hears what report in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Nazis offer money for Einstein to be assassinated.
(b) Her children are still in Germany.
(c) That people think Einstein is Communist.
(d) Their home in Germany is claimed by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein returns to work at the end of Chapter Thirteen. Why is this unusual?
2. The author ends the book by quoting what important person?
3. The Einsteins leave the children at home in Chapter Nine in order to take a trip through what region?
4. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
5. After children sing carols at the Einstein house for Christmas, what reward does he offer them?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)