|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
(a) They are not luxurious enough.
(b) They are not close to the kitchen.
(c) They are too luxurious.
(d) They are too close to steerage.
2. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) He knows he'll be famous forever.
(b) He hopes it lasts a long time.
(c) He's convinced it dies down in three months or so.
(d) He is excited and enjoying it.
3. At the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, Einstein finally resumes his research on what?
(a) Thermodynamic fluctuation.
(b) Photoelectric effect.
(c) Gravitational fields.
4. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
(a) They are only interested in making money.
(b) They are only interesting in the smaller countries.
(c) They are only interested in helping the powerful members.
(d) They are only interested in stopping Communism.
5. In what year does Einstein die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
2. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
3. In Hitler's eyes, Einstein is guilty because he is all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Thirteen, what happens to Elsa Einstein?
5. After children sing carols at the Einstein house for Christmas, what reward does he offer them?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)