|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) MIT in the USA.
(b) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(c) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
2. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Almost overnight.
(b) Two years.
(c) A decade.
(d) Six months.
3. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it creates heat.
(b) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
(c) How it first comes into existence.
(d) How it creates light.
4. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(c) United States.
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) Cousin Elma.
(d) Uncle Jake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
2. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
4. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Einstein's view, as stated in Chapter Seven, on how scientists should behave in the global community.
2. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
3. Why is Einstein sometimes called the Newton of the twentieth century?
4. Describe Mileva Maritsch's frustrations with her marriage to Einstein. Is it Einstein with whom she is displeased, or something else?
5. In what ways is Elsa just what Einstein needs? Explain.
6. Describe the boat incident in Chapter Thirteen, and explain what the reader learns about Einstein from this story.
7. Why does Einstein finally decide to settle in America?
8. Why is Einstein's international fame surprising?
9. Why are the Einsteins happier in California than on other trips? What is different?
10. Describe young Albert Einstein's feelings about school.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)