|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He plans a career in government.
(b) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(c) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(d) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
2. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
(b) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
(c) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
(d) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
3. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(b) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(c) That other scientists take him seriously.
(d) That he can retire.
4. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He is involved for a long time.
(b) He thinks it ridiculous.
(c) He is never interested.
(d) He finds it fascinating.
5. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(a) Secretly sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
2. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
5. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
2. Why does Einstein change his mind about granting the boy from the porch an interview?
3. Why is young Einstein disgusted with his music teacher? Explain.
4. Describe Einstein's parents, Pauline and Hermann. What type of parents are they?
5. Explain Einstein's view, as stated in Chapter Seven, on how scientists should behave in the global community.
6. In what ways is Elsa just what Einstein needs? Explain.
7. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
8. Why does the author specifically mention that Einstein answers the strange boy on the porch in German?
9. Why does Einstein get along better with his peers at the University than he does with his schoolmates previously?
10. Why does Einstein not enjoy giving interviews?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)