|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He spends too much time dreaming.
(b) He is shy.
(c) No one knows what to expect from him.
(d) He is disrespectful.
2. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(b) That other scientists take him seriously.
(c) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(d) That he can retire.
3. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) Run errands for him.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) Clean his house.
4. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
5. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) The boy is poor and dirty.
(b) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(c) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(d) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
2. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
3. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
4. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
5. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Elsa just what Einstein needs? Explain.
2. Why is Einstein asked not to return to the Luitpold Gymnasium?
3. Why does the author specifically mention that Einstein answers the strange boy on the porch in German?
4. Describe Einstein's parents, Pauline and Hermann. What type of parents are they?
5. As Einstein starts receiving professorships, why is Mileva still frustrated with their financial situation?
6. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
7. In Chapter Two, Pauline Einstein thinks that Albert is ill and sends him to bed early. What brings about the change in Albert's appearance, and why does his mother mistake it for illness?
8. Explain Einstein's view, as stated in Chapter Seven, on how scientists should behave in the global community.
9. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
10. Do the townspeople respect Einstein at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)