|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
2. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He spends too much time dreaming.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is disrespectful.
(d) No one knows what to expect from him.
4. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
(a) She is completely pleased with her husband's success.
(b) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
(c) She is frustrated and growing more and more unhappy.
(d) She is bored with her life and doesn't like their house.
5. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
3. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
4. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
5. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Einstein sometimes called the Newton of the twentieth century?
2. Describe Mileva Maritsch's frustrations with her marriage to Einstein. Is it Einstein with whom she is displeased, or something else?
3. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
4. Why is the job at the Patent Office a good position for Einstein? Explain.
5. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
6. Explain Einstein's view, as stated in Chapter Seven, on how scientists should behave in the global community.
7. Why do Michelson and Morley assume that their experiments are a failure?
8. Why does Einstein change his mind about granting the boy from the porch an interview?
9. As Einstein starts receiving professorships, why is Mileva still frustrated with their financial situation?
10. Why does the author specifically mention that Einstein answers the strange boy on the porch in German?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)