|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(c) A better way to measure gravity.
(d) A new way to calculate distance.
2. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
3. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) Nuclear fusion.
(b) Solar energy.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) National Guild of Scientists.
4. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They cannot stand living together.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They hate each other.
5. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
(a) Neither go on forever in the same fixed way.
(b) Neither of them change.
(c) Neither of them matter.
(d) Neither of them are measurable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
2. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
4. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
Short Essay Questions
1. The reader learns that Einstein's work eventually leads other scientists to create the atom bomb. Why?
2. According to the author, how is the relationship between Einstein and Mileva during and after their divorce?
3. Why is young Einstein disgusted with his music teacher? Explain.
4. Why does Einstein change his mind about granting the boy from the porch an interview?
5. Why does Einstein not enjoy giving interviews?
6. Describe Mileva Maritsch's frustrations with her marriage to Einstein. Is it Einstein with whom she is displeased, or something else?
7. Based on Einstein's dialogue with community members, what type of person does he seem to be in Chapter One?
8. Why is Einstein asked not to return to the Luitpold Gymnasium?
9. Describe young Albert Einstein's feelings about school.
10. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)