|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven correct.
(b) Proven ridiculous.
(c) Proven incorrect.
(d) Proven irrelevant.
2. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) Russian Civil War.
(b) World War 2.
(c) World War 1.
(d) Franco-Prussian War.
3. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Harness solar energy to use as power.
(b) Split a plutonium atom.
(c) Create a synthetic sun.
(d) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Doctorate of Physics.
(b) Bachelor of Science.
(c) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(d) Associate of Physics.
5. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to the doctor.
(b) Being a soldier.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Going to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
2. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
3. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
4. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
5. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the approach Einstein wants the U.S. to take in regards to the atomic bomb after its creation.
2. Why is Einstein no longer a pacifist in Chapter Fourteen?
3. Explain Einstein's worries about the German Republic and his disturbing revelation in Marseilles.
4. Why do Michelson and Morley assume that their experiments are a failure?
5. Describe Einstein's attempts to help those less fortunate refugees in Chapter Thirteen.
6. Explain why Einstein, a former pacifist, agrees to speak to President Roosevelt about the creation of an atomic bomb.
7. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
8. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
9. Elsa Einstein says that it is difficult to be married to Albert Einstein. Does this seem likely? Why is it difficult?
10. Why does the author specifically mention that Einstein answers the strange boy on the porch in German?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)