|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one takes him seriously.
(b) No one hears of his work.
(c) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(d) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
2. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
3. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is late for supper.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) She is tired of answering his questions.
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He doesn't understand English.
(b) He is a sickly child.
(c) He is slow in learning to speak.
(d) He is a bad kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
3. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
4. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
5. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, how is the relationship between Einstein and Mileva during and after their divorce?
2. Why do Michelson and Morley assume that their experiments are a failure?
3. Why does Einstein get along better with his peers at the University than he does with his schoolmates previously?
4. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
5. Why is Einstein sometimes called the Newton of the twentieth century?
6. The author states that relativity is not new, and she uses a train as an example. Explain this example. Why does the author use this example?
7. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
8. Why is the job at the Patent Office a good position for Einstein? Explain.
9. As Einstein starts receiving professorships, why is Mileva still frustrated with their financial situation?
10. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)