|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He makes no sense at all.
(b) He is wrong.
(c) He makes it all up.
(d) He is correct.
2. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(b) To discuss an interesting theory.
(c) The weather is getting worse.
(d) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(c) Being away from their families.
4. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(a) Human behavior.
(c) Science issues.
(d) Religious issues.
5. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(b) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(c) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
2. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
3. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
4. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hermann Einstein say that an education is so important? He mentions that "a Jew needs one to get along nowadays." To what situation is Hermann referring?
2. Why is young Einstein disgusted with his music teacher? Explain.
3. Explain what happens to the group of German astronomers who plan to check Einstein's theory on light rays by observing a total eclipse.
4. Why does Einstein get along better with his peers at the University than he does with his schoolmates previously?
5. The reader learns that Einstein's work eventually leads other scientists to create the atom bomb. Why?
6. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
7. Why is Einstein sometimes called the Newton of the twentieth century?
8. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
9. In what ways is Elsa just what Einstein needs? Explain.
10. Describe Mileva Maritsch's frustrations with her marriage to Einstein. Is it Einstein with whom she is displeased, or something else?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)