|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it first comes into existence.
(b) How it creates heat.
(c) How it creates light.
(d) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
2. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
(b) He starts too many fights.
(c) He is absent too often.
(d) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
3. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(c) MIT in the USA.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
4. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is disrespectful.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He spends too much time dreaming.
5. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They cannot stand living together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
3. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
4. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
5. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Einstein's appearance at the opening of the book.
2. Why is the job at the Patent Office a good position for Einstein? Explain.
3. Why do Michelson and Morley assume that their experiments are a failure?
4. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
5. According to the author, how is the relationship between Einstein and Mileva during and after their divorce?
6. Why does Einstein get along better with his peers at the University than he does with his schoolmates previously?
7. In what ways is Elsa just what Einstein needs? Explain.
8. Describe Mileva Maritsch's frustrations with her marriage to Einstein. Is it Einstein with whom she is displeased, or something else?
9. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
10. What is interesting about Einstein's approach to the customary visits usually undertaken by new staff members? What is the result of his decision?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)