|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(b) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(c) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(d) He ignores the comment.
2. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(b) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(c) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(c) A diploma.
(d) Being away from their families.
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) They are having dessert.
(b) Albert needs to do his homework.
(c) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(d) She and her husband have a date.
5. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(b) Secretly sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
3. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pauline Einstein. What kind of woman is she?
2. Why is young Einstein disgusted with his music teacher? Explain.
3. What is interesting about Einstein's approach to the customary visits usually undertaken by new staff members? What is the result of his decision?
4. The author states that relativity is not new, and she uses a train as an example. Explain this example. Why does the author use this example?
5. Based on Einstein's dialogue with community members, what type of person does he seem to be in Chapter One?
6. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
7. Why does Mileva decide not to move with her husband to Berlin?
8. According to the author, how is the relationship between Einstein and Mileva during and after their divorce?
9. According to the author, why does young Einstein not fit in at his school?
10. Why is Einstein asked not to return to the Luitpold Gymnasium?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)