|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
2. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
(a) Begins shouting at him.
(b) Stares at him silently.
(c) Bursts into laughter.
(d) Gets up and leaves the lecture hall.
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(b) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(d) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) She and her husband have a date.
(b) Albert needs to do his homework.
(c) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(d) They are having dessert.
5. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
2. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
3. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
4. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
5. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it easy or difficult to manage a child like Albert? Explain.
2. Describe Mileva Maritsch.
3. Explain Einstein's view, as stated in Chapter Seven, on how scientists should behave in the global community.
4. As Einstein starts receiving professorships, why is Mileva still frustrated with their financial situation?
5. Why is young Einstein disgusted with his music teacher? Explain.
6. In what ways is Elsa just what Einstein needs? Explain.
7. What does Einstein's theory of relativity have to do with Michelson and Morley's experiment?
8. Why does Einstein not enjoy giving interviews?
9. Describe young Albert Einstein's feelings about school.
10. The reader learns that Einstein's work eventually leads other scientists to create the atom bomb. Why?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)