|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Drives him to study geology.
(b) First arouses his interest in science.
(c) Creates his curiosity.
(d) Makes him hate his father.
2. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) His teachers don't know the answers.
(b) He hates school.
(c) They don't like him.
(d) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
3. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
4. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(b) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(c) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
5. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
6. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(b) Going out with friends.
(c) Planning social revolution.
(d) Debating religious issues.
7. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
(a) Neither of them matter.
(b) Neither go on forever in the same fixed way.
(c) Neither of them change.
(d) Neither of them are measurable.
8. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) He is usually mean to other kids.
(b) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(c) He always asks dumb questions.
(d) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
9. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Speech lessons.
(b) Math lessons.
(c) Music lessons.
(d) History lessons.
10. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His son teaches him.
(b) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(c) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(d) He has read a great deal about science.
11. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
12. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(d) Work, Church, and Husband.
13. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(b) His sister lives there.
(c) He attends school there.
(d) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
14. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Bachelor of Science.
(b) Doctorate of Physics.
(c) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(d) Associate of Physics.
15. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
2. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
5. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)