|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) Another professor.
(b) A young girl.
(c) His boss.
(d) The postman.
2. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(b) Postal Service.
(c) Patent Office.
3. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
(a) Neither go on forever in the same fixed way.
(b) Neither of them are measurable.
(c) Neither of them change.
(d) Neither of them matter.
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Harness solar energy to use as power.
(b) Split a plutonium atom.
(c) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(d) Create a synthetic sun.
5. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) MC Square.
(b) Mercer Street.
(c) Munich Street.
(d) Melbourne Street.
6. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Music lessons.
(b) History lessons.
(c) Math lessons.
(d) Speech lessons.
7. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) Run errands for him.
(d) Clean his house.
8. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
9. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
(b) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(c) No one hears of his work.
(d) No one takes him seriously.
10. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) Albert needs to do his homework.
(b) They are having dessert.
(c) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(d) She and her husband have a date.
11. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Gravity.
(b) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(c) Theory of Space Travel.
(d) Theory of Relativity.
12. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(c) MIT in the USA.
(d) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
13. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Uncle Jake.
(b) Cousin Elma.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
14. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
(a) Evil Einstein.
(b) Honest John.
(c) Dumb Albie.
(d) Nosey Bertie.
15. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is glad his son can tell time.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
3. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
4. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)