|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) He is glad his son can tell time.
2. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Pick on other children.
(b) Make up songs and sing them.
(c) Play in the sand pile.
(d) Throw rocks at animals.
4. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
(b) How it first comes into existence.
(c) How it creates light.
(d) How it creates heat.
5. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(b) His son teaches him.
(c) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(d) He has read a great deal about science.
6. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A horse.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A chemistry set.
(d) A compass.
7. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) She spends all her time knitting.
(b) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
8. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
(a) International tension might make it difficult for teams to get to the location.
(b) To verify that the results are not fake.
(c) In case the weather is bad in one location.
(d) One team is not very good.
9. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(b) The boy is poor and dirty.
(c) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(d) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
10. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Space Travel.
(b) Theory of Gravity.
(c) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(d) Theory of Relativity.
11. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(c) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(d) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
12. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven irrelevant.
(b) Proven correct.
(c) Proven incorrect.
(d) Proven ridiculous.
13. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) There is too much noise downstairs.
(b) He is mad at his sister.
(c) He is thinking.
(d) He doesn't feel well.
14. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(b) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
(c) To discuss an interesting theory.
(d) The weather is getting worse.
15. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
(a) Letting strangers into the house.
(b) Going out without his socks.
(c) Drinking coffee at the coffee shop.
(d) Talking to too many people on his way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
2. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
3. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
4. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
5. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)