|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) The compass.
2. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He ignores the comment.
(d) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
3. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
(a) Formal parties.
(d) Musical concerts.
4. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
(a) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
(b) She is frustrated and growing more and more unhappy.
(c) She is completely pleased with her husband's success.
(d) She is bored with her life and doesn't like their house.
5. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They cannot stand living together.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They ignore each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
2. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
3. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
4. Hitler claims that all BUT WHICH group causes Germany to lose World War I?
5. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)