|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler turns on the Jews first because he is not yet ready for war. He intends to wage war on all BUT WHICH of the following countries?
2. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Einstein agrees with Hitler's policies.
(b) Einstein makes Hitler famous.
(c) Einstein doesn't live in Germany.
(d) Einstein is not particularly tied to his religion.
3. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
(a) She is concerned about their financial situation.
(b) She doesn't like the other professors.
(c) The University doesn't promote his work.
(d) She feels he doesn't have enough time for his family.
4. The author ends the book by quoting what important person?
(a) President Taft.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) Hans Albert Einstein.
(d) Mrs. Einstein.
5. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
(a) There is nothing absolutely at rest in the universe.
(b) There is nothing in motion in the universe.
(c) The universe travels at the speed of sound.
(d) Michelson and Morley do their experiment incorrectly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein gives a gift to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in Chapter Thirteen. What is the gift?
2. After children sing carols at the Einstein house for Christmas, what reward does he offer them?
3. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
4. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
5. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)