|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert drops out of school.
(b) That Albert come to him with questions.
(c) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
(d) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
2. Einstein always tries to help others. In what way does he try to help most in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Rebuilding neighborhood homes.
(b) Donating to the war effort.
(c) Getting refugees out of Europe.
(d) Giving scholarships to good students.
3. What sad event happens to the Einstein family during Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Maja dies.
(b) Ilse dies.
(c) Elsa dies.
(d) Hermann dies.
4. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(b) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(c) He has read a great deal about science.
(d) His son teaches him.
5. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They remain friends.
(c) They cannot stand living together.
(d) They ignore each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Fourteen, some of Einstein's colleagues ask him to set up a meeting with ________ to discuss their work on the atom bomb.
2. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
3. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
4. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
5. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)