|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) Travels around giving speeches.
(c) Writes a newspaper.
(d) He is a factory owner.
2. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) She spends all her time knitting.
3. To which country do the Einsteins move after leaving America?
4. The Einsteins leave the children at home in Chapter Nine in order to take a trip through what region?
(a) The Balkans.
(b) The Orient.
(c) The United States.
(d) The Middle East.
5. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
(a) He is puzzled.
(b) He doesn't like them.
(c) He believes he deserves them.
(d) He thinks Americans are crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
2. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
3. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
4. Once the atomic bomb is built and tested, how does Einstein recommend the US proceed?
5. Einstein gives a gift to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in Chapter Thirteen. What is the gift?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)