|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
(a) His wife, Mileva.
(b) His mother, Pauline.
(c) His cousin, Elsa.
(d) His father, Hermann.
2. After children sing carols at the Einstein house for Christmas, what reward does he offer them?
(a) Math lessons.
(b) A few pennies.
(c) Some cookies.
(d) He goes with them.
3. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) He hates the other kids.
(b) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(c) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(d) The other boys think he's stupid.
4. In Chapter Fourteen, some of Einstein's colleagues ask him to set up a meeting with ________ to discuss their work on the atom bomb.
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Taft.
(c) President Hoover.
(d) President Truman.
5. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
(b) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(c) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(d) He plans a career in government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
2. When asked by a reporter if he is happy in America, how does Einstein respond?
3. What universities does Einstein NOT visit on his trip in Chapter Eight?
4. In what year does Einstein die?
5. Einstein is very happy to travel to California as Chapter Eleven begins because he gets to meet ______________, one of his early inspirations.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)