|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) The compass.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) A glass of water.
3. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) They no longer get along well.
(b) His electrical shops fail.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) He is ready to retire.
4. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
(a) They really believe he is wrong.
(b) They are after his job.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They say it is impossible to take relativity seriously.
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His parents are close by.
(b) He wants his son to get a good education.
(c) He needs a job.
(d) His wife is happier there.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Einstein's meeting with the German consul, one of the staff says what about Einstein's decision not to return to Germany?
2. In what year does Einstein die?
3. Einstein decides in Chapter Twelve that he sends a letter of resignation to the Academy at Berlin. What is the response?
4. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
5. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)