|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein is worried toward the end of Chapter Ten because he learns that it is not safe to do what in Marseilles, France?
(a) Speak German.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Work in schools.
(d) Appear American.
2. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(c) University of Berlin.
(d) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
3. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Going out with friends.
(b) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(c) Planning social revolution.
(d) Debating religious issues.
4. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) They are related.
(b) He is willing to pay.
(c) He can blackmail Einstein.
(d) They are both refugees.
5. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
(a) His mother, Pauline.
(b) His father, Hermann.
(c) His wife, Mileva.
(d) His cousin, Elsa.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Einsteins leave the children at home in Chapter Nine in order to take a trip through what region?
2. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
5. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)