|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elsa say about her memory of Einstein as a young boy?
(a) He is very charming.
(b) He used to run away from her.
(c) He is such a good student.
(d) He hates baths.
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is slow in learning to speak.
(b) He is a sickly child.
(c) He doesn't understand English.
(d) He is a bad kid.
3. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(b) He hates the other kids.
(c) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(d) The other boys think he's stupid.
4. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(b) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
5. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) MIT in the USA.
(b) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(c) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(d) The Science Institute in Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
2. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
3. Einstein always tries to help others. In what way does he try to help most in Chapter Thirteen?
4. Einstein is very happy to travel to California as Chapter Eleven begins because he gets to meet ______________, one of his early inspirations.
5. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)