|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
2. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
3. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) She spends all her time knitting.
4. What is Einstein's position on pacifism as he ages and as tension once again rises in Europe?
(a) He writes papers on what a good idea pacifism is.
(b) He doesn't think about it any longer.
(c) He is no longer a pacifist.
(d) He is more strongly pacifist.
5. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They cannot stand living together.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
3. Einstein mentions during the Berlin gift nonsense that it "becomes an excuse for many people for the best thing there is in life:________".
4. How long does it take Einstein to become a US citizen?
5. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)