|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler turns on the Jews first because he is not yet ready for war. He intends to wage war on all BUT WHICH of the following countries?
2. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
(b) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
(c) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
(d) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
3. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
(a) She is concerned about how it affects her children.
(b) She is growing frustrated with it all.
(c) She is happier than ever.
(d) She doesn't wish to return home to their former life.
4. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
(a) "You soon see what kind of man Mr. Hitler is."
(b) "I do not enjoy Mr. Hitler's acquaintance."
(c) "Hitler is an amazing man."
(d) "I don't know who you're talking about."
5. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
(b) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(c) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
(d) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
2. Einstein is worried toward the end of Chapter Ten because he learns that it is not safe to do what in Marseilles, France?
3. Which of the following does the author NOT mention as current possible benefits of atomic power?
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
5. Hitler claims that all BUT WHICH group causes Germany to lose World War I?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)