|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Mercer Street.
(b) Melbourne Street.
(c) Munich Street.
(d) MC Square.
2. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
(a) He wins people with warmth and sincerity.
(b) He is always himself.
(c) He speaks only to those he considers as smart as himself.
(d) He never tries to impress anyone.
3. Einstein returns to work at the end of Chapter Thirteen. Why is this unusual?
(a) It is the holidays.
(b) His wife dies a few days earlier.
(c) He has no work to do.
(d) He is no longer being paid.
4. As the Einsteins prepare to return to California in 1932, Dr. Einstein tells his wife to take a long look at their house. Why?
(a) It is a long trip and they won't see it for several months.
(b) He is considering selling it and wants Elsa's opinion.
(c) He intends to find one like it in America.
(d) He has a feeling they won't be returning.
5. At the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, Einstein finally resumes his research on what?
(a) Photoelectric effect.
(c) Thermodynamic fluctuation.
(d) Gravitational fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
2. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
3. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
4. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)