|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein adopts a terrier pup in Chapter Fourteen. What is the name of the dog?
2. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Tutoring students.
(c) Taking in boarders.
(d) Giving piano lessons.
3. What is Einstein's attitude toward the murder of Walter Rathenau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, at the opening of Chapter Nine?
(a) He doesn't feel that it makes a difference in his life.
(b) He is shocked and worried about the anti-Semitism rising in Germany.
(c) He believes the man should be more careful.
(d) He thinks Rathenau has it coming.
4. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
(a) "is very difficult."
(b) "is a huge nuisance."
(c) "is absolutely wonderful."
(d) "is very entertaining."
5. A major event takes place in Einstein's family in Chapter Ten. What is it?
(a) Elsa becomes ill.
(b) Pauline dies.
(c) Margot gets married.
(d) Hermann loses his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
2. How does Einstein refer to the way he feels about lecturing at the university?
3. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
4. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
5. Why is Einstein's assistant, Infeld, unable to answer a reporter's question on what Einstein thinks of the book they co-write?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)