|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(b) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(c) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(d) He ignores the comment.
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) Clean his house.
(b) Run errands for him.
(d) An ice cream cone.
3. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is not qualified.
4. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Family, Country, and Religion.
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He spends too much time dreaming.
(b) He is shy.
(c) No one knows what to expect from him.
(d) He is disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Einstein's attitude toward the murder of Walter Rathenau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, at the opening of Chapter Nine?
2. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
3. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
4. A major event takes place in Einstein's family in Chapter Ten. What is it?
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)