|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
(a) He never tries to impress anyone.
(b) He wins people with warmth and sincerity.
(c) He speaks only to those he considers as smart as himself.
(d) He is always himself.
2. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(b) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(c) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(d) He ignores the comment.
3. Einstein adopts a terrier pup in Chapter Fourteen. What is the name of the dog?
4. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
(a) He withdraws from the public.
(b) He becomes more refined.
(c) He does not change his simple habits.
(d) He grows angry and bitter.
5. Hitler claims that all BUT WHICH group causes Germany to lose World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
2. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
3. How does Einstein refer to the way he feels about lecturing at the university?
4. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
5. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)