|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
(a) The teams never gets to their destinations.
(b) They are unable to get the pictures needed.
(c) The total eclipse does not happen as scheduled.
(d) They get the pictures needed.
2. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
(b) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
(c) He doesn't like the University.
(d) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
3. The author ends the book by quoting what important person?
(a) Mrs. Einstein.
(b) Hans Albert Einstein.
(c) President Eisenhower.
(d) President Taft.
4. Once the atomic bomb is built and tested, how does Einstein recommend the US proceed?
(a) Use the bomb on any nation with which the US disagrees.
(b) Never use the bomb.
(c) Warn enemy nations of the bomb's potential.
(d) Bomb one or two enemy nations.
5. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
(a) They are only interested in stopping Communism.
(b) They are only interested in making money.
(c) They are only interesting in the smaller countries.
(d) They are only interested in helping the powerful members.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein refer to the way he feels about lecturing at the university?
2. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
3. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
4. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
5. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)