|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Einstein die?
2. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(b) A diploma.
(d) Being away from their families.
3. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is not qualified.
4. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
(a) "a way to build weapons."
(b) "an intellectual lighthouse."
(c) "nothing special."
(d) "a grand new future."
5. Once the atomic bomb is built and tested, how does Einstein recommend the US proceed?
(a) Never use the bomb.
(b) Use the bomb on any nation with which the US disagrees.
(c) Bomb one or two enemy nations.
(d) Warn enemy nations of the bomb's potential.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
2. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
3. What does Elsa say about her memory of Einstein as a young boy?
4. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
5. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)