|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A new way to calculate distance.
(b) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(c) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(d) A better way to measure gravity.
2. What is Mrs. Einstein's role in her husband's new fame?
(a) She tries to keep visitors and letters manageable.
(b) She dislikes the whole mess and usually stays in her room.
(c) She plays hostess to all their visitors.
(d) She is disgusted that he is not more interested in his fans.
3. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(b) He ignores the comment.
(c) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(d) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is glad his son can tell time.
(b) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
2. Einstein gives a gift to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in Chapter Thirteen. What is the gift?
3. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
4. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
5. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)