|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(b) His son teaches him.
(c) He has read a great deal about science.
(d) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) There is too much noise downstairs.
(b) He is thinking.
(c) He is mad at his sister.
(d) He doesn't feel well.
3. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
(a) The G20.
(b) The Security Council.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The League of Nations.
4. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Postal Service.
(b) Patent Office.
5. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Walking to school everyday.
(b) Fighting on the playground.
(c) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(d) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
2. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
3. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
4. How long does it take Einstein to become a US citizen?
5. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)