|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Einstein is not particularly tied to his religion.
(b) Einstein doesn't live in Germany.
(c) Einstein makes Hitler famous.
(d) Einstein agrees with Hitler's policies.
2. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They cannot stand living together.
3. Einstein is worried toward the end of Chapter Ten because he learns that it is not safe to do what in Marseilles, France?
(a) Appear American.
(b) Speak German.
(c) Work in schools.
(d) Go for a walk.
4. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
(a) Their friends are much nicer.
(b) People leave them alone.
(c) All races get along well together.
(d) Their house is better.
5. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) Albert is too old to live at home.
(b) His electrical shops fail.
(c) He is ready to retire.
(d) They no longer get along well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to live with Einstein early in Chapter Fourteen?
2. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
3. Who is present when Einstein dies at the end of Chapter Fourteen?
4. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
5. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)