|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Einstein to become a US citizen?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
2. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
(b) No one takes him seriously.
(c) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(d) No one hears of his work.
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) University of Berlin.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(c) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(d) The Science Institute of Berlin.
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(b) Harness solar energy to use as power.
(c) Create a synthetic sun.
(d) Split a plutonium atom.
5. After Einstein becomes famous, the visitors coming to the house want a variety of things. Which of the following is NOT one of their demands?
(a) That he takes a better job.
(b) That he gives an autograph.
(c) That he grants an interview.
(d) That he listens to theory/invention proposals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
2. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
3. As the Einsteins prepare to return to California in 1932, Dr. Einstein tells his wife to take a long look at their house. Why?
4. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)