|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) Russian Civil War.
(b) World War 2.
(c) World War 1.
(d) Franco-Prussian War.
2. The author ends the book by quoting what important person?
(a) Hans Albert Einstein.
(b) Mrs. Einstein.
(c) President Taft.
(d) President Eisenhower.
3. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
(a) Refuses the gift.
(b) Tries to have the opposition fired.
(c) Moves to Munich.
(d) Makes a speech about the council.
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He ignores the comment.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(d) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
5. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
(a) Common people still love him.
(b) World leaders appreciate his work.
(c) He feels sure it ends soon.
(d) He doesn't care about politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
2. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
3. Einstein decides in Chapter Twelve that he sends a letter of resignation to the Academy at Berlin. What is the response?
4. To which country do the Einsteins move after leaving America?
5. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)