|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the atomic bomb is built and tested, how does Einstein recommend the US proceed?
(a) Bomb one or two enemy nations.
(b) Warn enemy nations of the bomb's potential.
(c) Never use the bomb.
(d) Use the bomb on any nation with which the US disagrees.
2. In Chapter Thirteen, Infeld says of the professor, "Once a work is finished his interest in it ____".
(d) Becomes different.
3. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Tutoring students.
(c) Giving piano lessons.
(d) Taking in boarders.
4. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
(a) "is very entertaining."
(b) "is very difficult."
(c) "is absolutely wonderful."
(d) "is a huge nuisance."
5. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
(b) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(c) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
(d) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
2. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
3. Einstein is very happy to travel to California as Chapter Eleven begins because he gets to meet ______________, one of his early inspirations.
4. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
5. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)