|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) The postman.
(b) A young girl.
(c) His boss.
(d) Another professor.
2. In the opening of Chapter Ten, the author mentions that the ____________ is one of the greatest honors that comes to any scientist, writer, or humanitarian.
(a) MacArthur Genius Award.
(b) International Leadership Award.
(c) National Medal of Science.
(d) Nobel Prize.
3. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
(a) He does not change his simple habits.
(b) He withdraws from the public.
(c) He becomes more refined.
(d) He grows angry and bitter.
4. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Einstein is not particularly tied to his religion.
(b) Einstein makes Hitler famous.
(c) Einstein agrees with Hitler's policies.
(d) Einstein doesn't live in Germany.
5. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
2. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
3. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
4. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
5. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)