|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) No one knows who he is.
(b) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(c) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
2. Mrs. Einstein is frightened and alarmed when she hears what report in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Their home in Germany is claimed by the government.
(b) Nazis offer money for Einstein to be assassinated.
(c) Her children are still in Germany.
(d) That people think Einstein is Communist.
3. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Melbourne Street.
(b) MC Square.
(c) Munich Street.
(d) Mercer Street.
4. In the opening of Chapter Ten, the author mentions that the ____________ is one of the greatest honors that comes to any scientist, writer, or humanitarian.
(a) Nobel Prize.
(b) MacArthur Genius Award.
(c) National Medal of Science.
(d) International Leadership Award.
5. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
(d) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
2. As Chapter Twelve ends, the Einsteins are once again headed for what country?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
5. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)