|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
2. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) Solar energy.
(b) Nuclear fusion.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) National Guild of Scientists.
3. What universities does Einstein NOT visit on his trip in Chapter Eight?
(a) Cal Tech.
4. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
(a) The man threatens to blackmail him.
(b) So the young man doesn't lose his job.
(c) Elsa begs him to grant it.
(d) Because he is friends with the man's parents.
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Uncle Jake.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) Cousin Elma.
Short Answer Questions
1. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
3. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
4. Einstein learns he is awarded what distinction at the end of Chapter Nine?
5. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)