|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A major event takes place in Einstein's family in Chapter Ten. What is it?
(a) Pauline dies.
(b) Margot gets married.
(c) Elsa becomes ill.
(d) Hermann loses his job.
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) Clean his house.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(d) Run errands for him.
3. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
(a) He does not greet the mayor appropriately.
(b) He does not bother to learn Japanese.
(c) His lecture does not last four hours like the first.
(d) He does not put on a clean coat for the lecture.
4. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) He is ready to retire.
(b) His electrical shops fail.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) They no longer get along well.
5. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
(a) They are not close to the kitchen.
(b) They are too close to steerage.
(c) They are not luxurious enough.
(d) They are too luxurious.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
2. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
3. Einstein learns he is awarded what distinction at the end of Chapter Nine?
4. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
5. Einstein's peers feel he has what attitude toward his country during Chapter Nine?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)