|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
(a) Broken hip.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Heart attack.
2. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(b) United States.
3. Bertrand Russell comments that "Everybody knows that Einstein does something astonishing...".
(a) "and we eagerly await his next invention."
(b) "and the whole world knows exactly what he does."
(c) "but no one thinks it is important."
(d) "but very few people know exactly what it is that he does."
4. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
(a) "I do not enjoy Mr. Hitler's acquaintance."
(b) "I don't know who you're talking about."
(c) "You soon see what kind of man Mr. Hitler is."
(d) "Hitler is an amazing man."
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) No one knows what to expect from him.
(b) He spends too much time dreaming.
(c) He is disrespectful.
(d) He is shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
2. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
3. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
4. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
5. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)