|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
2. What is Einstein's attitude toward the murder of Walter Rathenau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, at the opening of Chapter Nine?
(a) He thinks Rathenau has it coming.
(b) He is shocked and worried about the anti-Semitism rising in Germany.
(c) He doesn't feel that it makes a difference in his life.
(d) He believes the man should be more careful.
3. During the racial purge of German Universities, which of the following groups are NOT fired?
(a) Those married to Jewish women.
(c) Older professors.
4. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They cannot stand living together.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They ignore each other.
5. Hitler turns on the Jews first because he is not yet ready for war. He intends to wage war on all BUT WHICH of the following countries?
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
2. Einstein learns he is awarded what distinction at the end of Chapter Nine?
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
4. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
5. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)