|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's peers feel he has what attitude toward his country during Chapter Nine?
2. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(b) Being away from their families.
3. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) She and her husband have a date.
(b) Albert needs to do his homework.
(c) They are having dessert.
(d) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
4. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
(b) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
(c) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
(d) He doesn't like the University.
5. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
(a) In case the weather is bad in one location.
(b) One team is not very good.
(c) International tension might make it difficult for teams to get to the location.
(d) To verify that the results are not fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
2. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
3. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
4. After Einstein's meeting with the German consul, one of the staff says what about Einstein's decision not to return to Germany?
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)