|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(c) Secretly sympathetic.
2. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
(a) Tries to have the opposition fired.
(b) Refuses the gift.
(c) Makes a speech about the council.
(d) Moves to Munich.
3. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
(a) Honest John.
(b) Dumb Albie.
(c) Evil Einstein.
(d) Nosey Bertie.
4. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
(a) Refuses to sign any more.
(b) Has a stamp of his signature made and has his wife answer them.
(c) Declares that the request must include money for charity.
(d) Stops answering them completely.
5. In the opening of Chapter Ten, the author mentions that the ____________ is one of the greatest honors that comes to any scientist, writer, or humanitarian.
(a) MacArthur Genius Award.
(b) International Leadership Award.
(c) Nobel Prize.
(d) National Medal of Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
2. After Einstein's meeting with the German consul, one of the staff says what about Einstein's decision not to return to Germany?
3. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
4. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
5. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)