|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
2. In Hitler's eyes, Einstein is guilty because he is all BUT WHICH of the following?
(a) A pacifist.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A scientist.
(d) An internationalist.
3. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
(a) "is very entertaining."
(b) "is very difficult."
(c) "is a huge nuisance."
(d) "is absolutely wonderful."
4. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
(b) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
(c) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(d) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His wife is happier there.
(b) He needs a job.
(c) His parents are close by.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
2. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
3. The city of Berlin decides to give Einstein what for his 50th birthday?
4. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
5. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)