|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) He is usually mean to other kids.
(b) He always asks dumb questions.
(c) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
(d) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
2. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) Albert is too old to live at home.
(b) They no longer get along well.
(c) His electrical shops fail.
(d) He is ready to retire.
3. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
(b) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(c) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
(d) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
4. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
(b) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
(c) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
(d) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
5. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
(a) He becomes more refined.
(b) He grows angry and bitter.
(c) He withdraws from the public.
(d) He does not change his simple habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
2. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
3. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
4. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
5. Besides the honor of the award in Chapter Ten, Einstein also receives what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)