|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
(b) How it first comes into existence.
(c) How it creates light.
(d) How it creates heat.
2. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one hears of his work.
(b) No one takes him seriously.
(c) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(d) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
3. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
4. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
(a) "is very difficult."
(b) "is absolutely wonderful."
(c) "is a huge nuisance."
(d) "is very entertaining."
5. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
(b) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
(c) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
(d) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
2. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
3. The city of Berlin decides to give Einstein what for his 50th birthday?
4. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
5. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)