|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) MIT in the USA.
(c) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(d) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
2. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
(a) His crazy theories.
(b) His German birth.
(c) His unkempt appearance.
(d) His inability to speak French.
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is disrespectful.
(b) He spends too much time dreaming.
(c) He is shy.
(d) No one knows what to expect from him.
4. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
(a) "a way to build weapons."
(b) "a grand new future."
(c) "nothing special."
(d) "an intellectual lighthouse."
5. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) The compass.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) A warm blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
2. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
3. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
4. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
5. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)