|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
(b) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(c) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(d) He plans a career in government.
2. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
(a) Gets up and leaves the lecture hall.
(b) Begins shouting at him.
(c) Bursts into laughter.
(d) Stares at him silently.
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(b) University of Berlin.
(c) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(d) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Harness solar energy to use as power.
(b) Create a synthetic sun.
(c) Split a plutonium atom.
(d) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
5. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) His teachers don't know the answers.
(b) They don't like him.
(c) He hates school.
(d) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
2. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
3. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
4. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)