|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) MIT in the USA.
(c) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A chemistry set.
(c) A compass.
(d) A horse.
3. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
4. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
(a) She is happier than ever.
(b) She doesn't wish to return home to their former life.
(c) She is growing frustrated with it all.
(d) She is concerned about how it affects her children.
5. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
(a) They are not close to the kitchen.
(b) They are too close to steerage.
(c) They are not luxurious enough.
(d) They are too luxurious.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
2. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
3. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
4. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
5. During Chapter Six, in which of the following cities do Einstein and his family NOT live?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)