|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The knife he is using is dull.
(b) His daughter is misbehaving.
(c) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(d) The mashed potatoes are cold.
2. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) His teachers don't know the answers.
(b) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(c) They don't like him.
(d) He hates school.
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Almost overnight.
(b) A decade.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
4. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
(a) He withdraws from the public.
(b) He grows angry and bitter.
(c) He becomes more refined.
(d) He does not change his simple habits.
5. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
3. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
4. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)