|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
2. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
(b) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
(c) He doesn't like the University.
(d) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
3. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
(a) John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
(b) President Taft.
(c) Mayor Walker.
(d) Dr. Butler.
4. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He makes no sense at all.
(b) He is wrong.
(c) He makes it all up.
(d) He is correct.
5. To which country do the Einsteins move after leaving America?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
2. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
3. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
4. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)