|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
2. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Sleep walking.
(b) Being a soldier.
(c) Going to the doctor.
(d) Going to prison.
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(b) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(c) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(d) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
4. In the opening of Chapter Ten, the author mentions that the ____________ is one of the greatest honors that comes to any scientist, writer, or humanitarian.
(a) International Leadership Award.
(b) MacArthur Genius Award.
(c) Nobel Prize.
(d) National Medal of Science.
5. In what area does Mrs. Einstein excel?
(a) Difficult tasks such as redecorating the house.
(b) Simple things like writing letters.
(c) Common things like tipping people and keeping track of bills.
(d) Complex things like writing new theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
2. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
3. Mrs. Einstein is frightened and alarmed when she hears what report in Chapter Twelve?
4. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)