|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hitler's eyes, Einstein is guilty because he is all BUT WHICH of the following?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A pacifist.
(c) A Jew.
(d) An internationalist.
2. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(b) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(c) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(d) University of Berlin.
3. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
(a) The teams never gets to their destinations.
(b) The total eclipse does not happen as scheduled.
(c) They get the pictures needed.
(d) They are unable to get the pictures needed.
4. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
5. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
(a) Stops answering them completely.
(b) Refuses to sign any more.
(c) Has a stamp of his signature made and has his wife answer them.
(d) Declares that the request must include money for charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
2. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
3. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
4. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
5. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)