|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler claims that all BUT WHICH group causes Germany to lose World War I?
2. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
(b) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
(c) He doesn't like the University.
(d) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
3. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Broken hip.
(d) Heart attack.
4. Elsa Einstein notes in an interview that "To be the wife of this man..."
(a) "is very difficult."
(b) "is absolutely wonderful."
(c) "is a huge nuisance."
(d) "is very entertaining."
5. During his tour of America, Einstein is beginning to have grave concerns about what situation at home in Germany?
(a) Growing poverty.
(b) Growing militarism.
(c) Growing national debt.
(d) Growing dropout rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
3. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
4. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
5. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)