|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That other scientists take him seriously.
(b) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(c) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(d) That he can retire.
2. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(b) They don't like him.
(c) He hates school.
(d) His teachers don't know the answers.
3. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(b) Science issues.
(c) Religious issues.
(d) Human behavior.
4. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
(b) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(c) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
(d) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He spends too much time dreaming.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He is disrespectful.
(d) He is shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
2. After Einstein's meeting with the German consul, one of the staff says what about Einstein's decision not to return to Germany?
3. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)