|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the honor of the award in Chapter Ten, Einstein also receives what?
(a) New professorship.
(b) Research grant.
(c) International acclaim.
(d) Forty thousand dollars.
2. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
(a) He is completely insane.
(b) Only a dozen men in the world understand it.
(c) It changes the world.
(d) The idea is an old one that everyone knows about.
3. The city of Berlin decides to give Einstein what for his 50th birthday?
(a) A statue in the center of town.
(b) A new house on the river.
(c) A beautiful plaque in appreciation.
(d) A park bearing his name.
4. What is Einstein's attitude toward the murder of Walter Rathenau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, at the opening of Chapter Nine?
(a) He believes the man should be more careful.
(b) He is shocked and worried about the anti-Semitism rising in Germany.
(c) He thinks Rathenau has it coming.
(d) He doesn't feel that it makes a difference in his life.
5. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
3. In Hitler's eyes, Einstein is guilty because he is all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
5. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)