|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
2. Mrs. Einstein is frightened and alarmed when she hears what report in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Their home in Germany is claimed by the government.
(b) Nazis offer money for Einstein to be assassinated.
(c) Her children are still in Germany.
(d) That people think Einstein is Communist.
3. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
4. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
(a) The Security Council.
(b) The G20.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The League of Nations.
5. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Einstein makes Hitler famous.
(b) Einstein doesn't live in Germany.
(c) Einstein agrees with Hitler's policies.
(d) Einstein is not particularly tied to his religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
2. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
4. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
5. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)