|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He finds it fascinating.
(b) He thinks it ridiculous.
(c) He is never interested.
(d) He is involved for a long time.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(b) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(c) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(d) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
3. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(b) The whole country hates him.
(c) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
(d) He is pursued by the media.
4. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
(a) Evil Einstein.
(b) Dumb Albie.
(c) Nosey Bertie.
(d) Honest John.
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(b) Going out with friends.
(c) Debating religious issues.
(d) Planning social revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
2. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
3. Einstein is worried toward the end of Chapter Ten because he learns that it is not safe to do what in Marseilles, France?
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
5. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)